The Ghetto

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
When you decide to live off of the government, they want to contain everyone closely together. Not too many projects in the country. At least not here. So you put a bunch of people together, who have no goals, no hope, no respect, and sit on the doorstep on the first of the month, waiting to get paid. Go out and spend it all and having nothing left the rest of the month, you find a bunch of people with too much time on their hands, and crime.
How it begins, many different reasons. How it ends, it wont will only get worse with the increase in programs.
Exactly...the increase in online shopping from the begining of Feb...oh I got my 7000 tax return from my minimum wage job and tax credits from my 6 kids...time to buy a new flat screen tv! And then go grocery shopping with my food stamps! Did you know food stamps (or EBT lol) pays for candy, chips and junk food? Wtf?

Overpaid Union Thug

Big city problems are exactly that, big city problems. Not a black problem, hispanic problem, or a white problem. It's not even exclusive to the US. Large cities all across the world have these same exact problems. These problems will continue to exist as long as the rest of the country continues to turn a blind eye to it. The gap between the rich and the poor only gets wider and wider, perpetuating the cycle of poverty and crime.

The stats in this situation don't lie but no one is forcing these people to live this way and/or commit crimes. Blaming these problems on the rest of us supposedly turning a blind eye to it and the rich getting richer is just an excuse and a cop out. The only blind eye being turned is that of those that refuse to see that those people that live in the ghettos are not being forced into them against there will. Nor is anyone being forced to commit crimes in those areas.

Do you think if you gave every "poor" person in those situations a million dollars that their lives would change, or that they would stay the same except that they would have that money spent in a few years? They still wouldn't get a job or contribute to society.

I think most of them would be right back where they started in a few months. Lack of personal responsibility with a millions dollars gets the same result as lack of personal responsibility with just a few dollars.

MAKAVELI

When you decide to live off of the government, they want to contain everyone closely together. Not too many projects in the country. At least not here. So you put a bunch of people together, who have no goals, no hope, no respect, and sit on the doorstep on the first of the month, waiting to get paid. Go out and spend it all and having nothing left the rest of the month, you find a bunch of people with too much time on their hands, and crime.
How it begins, many different reasons. How it ends, it wont will only get worse with the increase in programs.
In the country you have trailer parks full of meth heads, all on welfare and meth labs. Same difference but to people like you can't see the similarities. Poverty is all over the country, from the inner cities, to rural America. It's a cycle that will continue unless more resources are available in these areas such as education and employment opportunities.
On that note, professional sports is viewed by the youth in these areas as the only way out of the ghetto. It's funny how colleges and professional sports teams only really care about these kids when they think they can bring in $ to their institutions. These kids are nothing but cash cows to them and they could care less about the communities.

Last edited:

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
In the country you have trailer parks full of meth heads, all on welfare and meth labs. Same difference but to people like you can't see the similarities. Poverty is all over the country, from the inner cities, to rural America. It's a cycle that will continue unless more resources are available in these areas such as education and employment opportunities.

Hmm, maybe you didn't read my post (cause it goes against your ideas) where I CLEARLY said that white trash and black inner city people are no different. People like you love to throw around words like bigot & racist, because it's easier than trying to have people fix their problems and correct the issues within the culture of handouts and government dependance.

On that note, professional sports is viewed by the youth in these areas as the only way out of the ghetto. It's funny how colleges and professional sports teams only really care about these kids when they think they can bring in $ to their institutions. These kids are nothing but cash cows to them and they could care less about the communities.

If the residents and youth of those communities don't care about where they live, why do you expect that college recruiters should give a damn? College sports programs have one goal in mind, to get the best, most talented kids into their schools, that's what they're about. Wouldn't it be more on the shoulders of the kid who grows up in the hood, gets out and becomes a VERY wealthy sports star, to go back and help change the attitudes of the kids who are now where he once was?

Instead most of these sports stars get their big payday, blow it all, while knocking up woman after woman, and usually end up in dire financial straits. Which goes to show that when these kids get paid, they are just as immature and childish as they were when they were broke, but now they feel that they're special.

Oh, and btw, the expression is that people COULDN'T care less. This means that they do not care one bit. But, you're a democrat, so what else should I expect

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

but to people like me......I know there is poverty everywhere. I grew up poor, but never on welfare. So I dont think I am one of those people.
It all comes down to poverty, but none of the poverty programs help, it just gives people a reason not to try. The programs need to focus on educating people , because some people do not realize they may not have to live that way. They should only be dependent on it til their better way is found. And it wont be found, wont even be tried unless forced. Be real, when someone can find a way to survive, without expending any energy, its pretty hard to change their view. But you continue the pity party, without opening your mind enough to see that there is more than one way to view this.

When I have a kid that walks up to me, and likes my truck, etc, I see he has an interest. I try to further his interest. I ask him what he wants to do when he grows up, and if he says drive the truck, I try depending on his age to encourage him. You need to go to school, learn all you can, and maybe you can work on trucks, or drive a truck, and make lots of money and buy nice things. Maybe you can buy a whole bunch of trucks and be the boss of the trucks. And they smile and say really? I tell them Oh Yeah, you are smart, you can do it all. Thats my contribution.

So I am not one of those people who dont give a darn. Im a mother, a grandmother and a human being. And I care. And I will be the first one to help anyone, anywhere if I can. Because I care. Save your lables for someone you know, coz you do not know me.

So this bid I decided to stop covering (swing to some of you) and take a bid route. It's in the city and the resi stuff is in supposedly the worst area of the city.

I'd like to hear from some who have delivered in bad areas, what it's like, what you do differently on that type of route, etc.

One guy was telling me when he got around a group of scary people in the ghetto he'd start talking to himself, acting like he was arguing with the ground and people stayed away from him thinking he was crazy.
When Jesus comes back he will defiantly go to these areas because there are people of great faith there.

MAKAVELI

Hmm, maybe you didn't read my post (cause it goes against your ideas) where I CLEARLY said that white trash and black inner city people are no different. People like you love to throw around words like bigot & racist, because it's easier than trying to have people fix their problems and correct the issues within the culture of handouts and government dependance.
If you understand that there is no difference between the inner city ghetto( democratic ) and the rural trailer park( republican ) then you understand it's not a problem caused by democrats, but a systemic problem of our economy/society.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
So, you're saying that people run meth labs and sell drugs to feed their kids because they're lacking empolyment opportunities? BS! There are exceptions to every rule....but they sell drugs for cash to buy their cadillacs, iphone16s,$300 nikes and $150 fubu jeans, and gold chains. Food stamps and welfare put food in their kids' mouth...WE feed their kids. Because god forbid they wear $20 Walmart shoes and get a respectable job flipping burgers or waiting tables....no education required.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
View attachment 12205 The route I'm on, there's a "black" ghetto in one part, and then a good portion of the other half is the white trash ghetto.

Not much of a difference between the two as to how I get treated *shrug*

The black part has maybe 30-40 houses at the most.

Oh, and this is usually parked in that part of the neighborhood.
Wtf exactly is a remote observation vehicle???? Is it manned? Does it move around all day? Lol. Never seen such a thing. Interesting

Rainman

Its all good.
[ quote="upsgrunt, post: 1299137, member: 9295"]Do you think if you gave every "poor" person in those situations a million dollars that their lives would change, or that they would stay the same except that they would have that money spent in a few years? They still wouldn't get a job or contribute to society.[/quote]if we took every adult citizen in the US, divided the stimulus money that the government handed out in Obama's first term, then everyone's lot would be improved and the economy would have been definitely stimulated instead of wasting money with very little result like what actually happened.

Sent using BrownCafe App

MAKAVELI

[ quote="upsgrunt, post: 1299137, member: 9295"]Do you think if you gave every "poor" person in those situations a million dollars that their lives would change, or that they would stay the same except that they would have that money spent in a few years? They still wouldn't get a job or contribute to society.
if we took every adult citizen in the US, divided the stimulus money that the government handed out in Obama's first term, then everyone's lot would be improved and the economy would have been definitely stimulated instead of wasting money with very little result like what actually happened.

Sent using BrownCafe App[/quote]
You mean like Bush did before he left office?

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Stimulus was never about stimulating the economy. It was about picking winners and losers and rewarding government cronies. If they were sincere about stimulating the economy they would cut taxes across the board for everyone. Both Kennedy and Reagan cut taxes which lead to booming economies.

Overpaid Union Thug

In most cases I'd rather deliver to the trailer parks and poor rural areas than the inner city ghettos. Simply put....they are safer. I prefer upper middle class/upper class rural areas over anything. They are safe, clean, and the customers aren't usually home until the late afternoon because they are at work. This makes those areas come as close to being a pleasure to drive around in as it gets. Others say they are boring. I love it.

Rainman

Its all good.
if we took every adult citizen in the US, divided the stimulus money that the government handed out in Obama's first term, then everyone's lot would be improved and the economy would have been definitely stimulated instead of wasting money with very little result like what actually happened.

Sent using BrownCafe App
You mean like Bush did before he left office?[/quote]
It was never tried. I'm not loyal to bush, Obama, or any politician. They are all pretty bad. Politicians rank right below used car salesman. Bash bush all day long for all I care. But don't put Obama on a pedestal. All you are doing is giving him a good place where he can kick you in the teeth from.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Marne Vet

So this bid I decided to stop covering (swing to some of you) and take a bid route. It's in the city and the resi stuff is in supposedly the worst area of the city.

I'd like to hear from some who have delivered in bad areas, what it's like, what you do differently on that type of route, etc.

One guy was telling me when he got around a group of scary people in the ghetto he'd start talking to himself, acting like he was arguing with the ground and people stayed away from him thinking he was crazy.

Just read some of my threads if you want to see what an average week is like for me in the "hood". I've stopped posting them [here] because there are too many crybabies on this forum who like to insinuate it's made-up. Most of these tools have never driven in a tough area, or have the slightest clue what it's like to deliver in what we call the "hood", and I've grown sick of reading their ignorant replies.
I was a block away from a shoot-out last week, and it was no big deal. People on the street around noon stopped for a second as the gunfire was popping off, and then just went back to whatever they were doing. Common stuff out there, although shots at noon are very rare. Happens more towards dinner time. 99% of the people in the "hood" don't bother me. They have other crap to do rather than stop and bother a UPS or FedEx guy. They know we're bringing their stuff, and that can be their drugs, or EBT cards, so why mess with the guy that you rely on? They rarely do. However it becomes annoying as Hell every day to knock on a door and hear "WHO IS IT?!" screamed at the top of their lungs. Like a potential burglar would tell them "Just here to rob ya!". Idiots. I always ask them from time to time why they don't just come to the window and look, and explain that NO ONE is going to tell them the truth if they're there to rob them. Look, then open people. Mostly it's because they're lazy. They just don't want to walk away from whatever XBOX game they're playing.

You'll deal with garbage everywhere in the "hood". Trash day is every day to these people. Trash cans full of rotting food are left on their porches because they just don't know any better. Get used to the smell. You can't DR to most stops either, not that you'd want to, because screen doors are almost always missing. Some houses don't even have doors on them. It's not their fault. It's just how they were raised. This is all normal behavior to these people. Don't act afraid or be scared to be in the "hood". Be confident, and when someone talks smack to you, you better throw it right back at them or they'll treat you like a pusillanimous. If someone blows a horn at you ignore it. Look right at them and let them know you don't give an friend about how many times they blow their horn. As far as you're concerned if they want something to blow you can unzip your pants. Get used to horns and sirens. It's all freaking day long. I see more Ambulances than I've ever seen in my life on a daily basis. Always blaring through my area. Hopefully you speak more than just English, because you'll need to understand Spanish and Ghetto. Notes are always left for you written in Ghetto. Example: "Please live package nest door. Amon the 3rd floor and cant here you" This was a direct quote I took from a note that I have a picture of. My friends get a kick out of the creativity I get on some of these notes.

Not much more to say. It's an S sandwich in the "hood". To drivers that work in rural areas and have never witnessed this stuff it's hard for them to believe. Lucky bastards. Go drive by your cows and farms all day and be happy you don't work in a Center like mine. Appreciate it. That's it.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Very good post Marne, but you will be excruciated for telling it like it is. I know you are right I live it too.

I went to a door the other day. By the time I got the pkg out of the back and went out my door I was surrounded by guys with swat gear. Going to the house next door.

I know most of them they just give me a wave, like yeah its cool, go ahead. I knock on the guys door, I am standing beside the steps on the ground with a pair of shoes. He cracks his door open, sees the team, and I yell, kinda yell, no down here, Im UPS, I said, I got some real bad timing dont I. He was laughing so hard his pants almost fell the rest of the way off.

OPTION3

Wtf exactly is a remote observation vehicle???? Is it manned? Does it move around all day? Lol. Never seen such a thing. Interesting
We have an area where they parked one of these to “intimidate” a local “Biker gang” hangout. The people in the neighborhood pitched a fit to the police…..They said,” The bikers cleaned this place up….no drug deals, prostitutes,gang bangers,meth-heads roaming around….where were the cops then?” They actually got that “observation vehicle” removed.

OPTION3

Still would like to know wtf that vehicle pictured was,how it works, and any details anyone might have about it or one like it
They park them in “High crime” areas…you never know if someone is in them or not…..deters crime in the immediate area..supposedly. As I stated before they used it to “intimidate” as well.