The Ghetto

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Just read some of my threads if you want to see what an average week is like for me in the "hood". I've stopped posting them [here] because there are too many crybabies on this forum who like to insinuate it's made-up.
Thanks for the reply. I was hoping you'd weigh in. As for people giving you a hard time for posting--friend 'em. I've always liked the stories and I appreciate this post as well.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
So, you're saying that people run meth labs and sell drugs to feed their kids because they're lacking empolyment opportunities? BS! There are exceptions to every rule....but they sell drugs for cash to buy their cadillacs, iphone16s,$300 nikes and $150 fubu jeans, and gold chains. Food stamps and welfare put food in their kids' mouth...WE feed their kids. Because god forbid they wear $20 Walmart shoes and get a respectable job flipping burgers or waiting tables....no education required.

I'm a single mom and my daughter has a best friend whose mother has four kids. She gets food stamps (EBT) and welfare for her children and also doesn't work. My daughter loves going to her friend's house because they have tons of foods and drinks that I either can't afford or won't buy for my house. You're right. WE FEED THEIR KIDS. It pisses me off every time I see the benefits and handouts all these people receive just because they refuse to work and have figured out "The System". I have no problem helping the people who CAN'T work. I also grew up poor and decided very early on that none of my kids would live that way as long as I was physically capable of working. I pay for what we have. No one else.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I ain't straight outta Compton I'm straight out the trailer
Cuss like a sailor...drink like a Mick
My only words of wisdom are just, Radio Edit
I'm flicking my Bic up and down that coast and
Keep on trucking until it falls in the ocean. KID ROCK

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
View attachment 12205 The route I'm on, there's a "black" ghetto in one part, and then a good portion of the other half is the white trash ghetto.

Not much of a difference between the two as to how I get treated *shrug*

The black part has maybe 30-40 houses at the most.

Oh, and this is usually parked in that part of the neighborhood.

Is that Orange County? We're Disney freaks in this house and the emblems look familiar.

Sent using a Potato

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I'm a single mom and my daughter has a best friend whose mother has four kids. She gets food stamps (EBT) and welfare for her children and also doesn't work. My daughter loves going to her friend's house because they have tons of foods and drinks that I either can't afford or won't buy for my house. You're right. WE FEED THEIR KIDS. It pisses me off every time I see the benefits and handouts all these people receive just because they refuse to work and have figured out "The System". I have no problem helping the people who CAN'T work. I also grew up poor and decided very early on that none of my kids would live that way as long as I was physically capable of working. I pay for what we have. No one else.
Exactly...I'd rather work three jobs than live off the government's tit. My second job is in a grocery store...where some welfare recipient gives me lip service all the time about something that isn't covered or insufficient funds on their EBT cards...I'd like to slap them upside the head. Sorry, I don't make the rules....because if I did...you'd be sweating your fat, donut munching :censored2: off humping cardboard to pay your bills for 9 bucks an hour, just like I used to. And I wouldn't have to stand here and deal with your pissy attitude of entitlement.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
At one point I worked 4 jobs while also putting myself through college. I, like many drivers also worked full time during the day then worked UPS at night getting 2-3 hours of sleep M-friend for 3 1/2 years to get where I wanted to be.

If I can do it, there is no excuse for those who choose to be professionally unemployed when they are able bodied and physically able to work.

FilingBluesFL

Wtf exactly is a remote observation vehicle???? Is it manned? Does it move around all day? Lol. Never seen such a thing. Interesting

As it says, a remote observation vehicle.

On top of it, are mounted cameras. One facing each side of it, and one facing the back, and then one for each corner near the back. None that face forward that I can see.

There's a black plastic "curtain" spread along the front windshield to keep from looking in.

The assumption is that the Sheriffs department can monitor the comings and goings of folks via the cameras on the vehicle. Don't know if it's broadcast or sent to the department, or if data is also recorded on to DVR in the truck.

For a while it was parked out at the main entrance to the neighborhood where it could see everyone coming and going. Then it was moved to a smaller side street with the cameras facing the three houses near the back.

Now it's down a small dead end street. Parked in front of a empty boarded up house, and the side I photographed facing one house in particular.

There's one house in the neighborhood that's got a Hummer H2, Bently, and a few other cars parked in front of it, with bars on all the windows.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
When I was a young swing driver I would sometimes deliver public housing. Financially I was just starting out but was doing okay. I drove an older car. I rented a modest apartment. I was working hard but I felt sympathy for those less fortunate. I would deliver the projects and section 8 areas and something didn't add up. I would grab the Spiegel box (nice stuff), walk up the drive way (past the new car), knock on the door and wait. When the door openned the consignee would be wearing designer clothes, the hair and nails would be perfect, and they would have a ton of gold jewelry. The kids would be in front of the wide screen cable tv playing with the brand new Nintendo. These "poor" people were living better than I was. As I was heading back to the truck someone would always make a comment like there goes big money.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
At one point I worked 4 jobs while also putting myself through college. I, like many drivers also worked full time during the day then worked UPS at night getting 2-3 hours of sleep M-friend for 3 1/2 years to get where I wanted to be.

If I can do it, there is no excuse for those who choose to be professionally unemployed when they are able bodied and physically able to work.
Good Lord, I remember those days, no wonder I am so tired now, LOL. 8 years on the preload, never saw a 9 oclock movie show. Got my degree, worked at a bar/pizza shop afternoons/ evenings and weekends. Attended 99% of all my boys functions. I raised my boys alone since they were 2 and 6, and I would not trade those days for anything.
I tried to get medical for them before UPS, and I was offered the welfare package. Give up work, get this. I said NOPE, no thanks. I can do this.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
When I was a young swing driver I would sometimes deliver public housing. Financially I was just starting out but was doing okay. I drove an older car. I rented a modest apartment. I was working hard but I felt sympathy for those less fortunate. I would deliver the projects and section 8 areas and something didn't add up. I would grab the Spiegel box (nice stuff), walk up the drive way (past the new car), knock on the door and wait. When the door openned the consignee would be wearing designer clothes, the hair and nails would be perfect, and they would have a ton of gold jewelry. The kids would be in front of the wide screen cable tv playing with the brand new Nintendo. These "poor" people were living better than I was. As I was heading back to the truck someone would always make a comment like there goes big money.

Similar story, that I still tell.
One time, when we were just starting out, my wife & I were at the grocery store, waiting to check out. Money was tight, so we were just buying a few things to get by. The person in front of us was buying steaks & lobsters, and whatever else. He paid with food stamps. Then when he was done with that, he took out a huge wad off cash to buy cigarettes & beer. Wtf?! That's soooo wrong.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Where I'm at, most of the people who live in the ghetto are honest hard working people. I'm one of them.... and so are most of the other part-timers I work with.

I was raised here, this is my city, and I love it. I take the bad with the good, and won't abandon my community out of fear or convenience. I'm not judging people who participate in the "white flight" that contributes to the problem, especially the ones who have kids..... but I love my hood.

Just something to maybe keep in mind, lots of your teamster brothers have to deal with the ghetto too, because we live here.

This is the case in the city I work in. My wife's grandfather grew up in the same town. 60 years ago, this was the place to be. Not anymore.

Overpaid Union Thug

I think it's pretty safe to say that people like that vote for a living.

Sent using BrownCafe App

oldngray

nowhere special
I think it's pretty safe to say that people like that vote for a living.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Sadly many are functionally illiterate. Most of those areas have very long lines at polling booths to handle an equal number of voters. It takes them much longer to vote on average. Which is surprising since its pretty automatic what they will vote for.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Similar story, that I still tell.
One time, when we were just starting out, my wife & I were at the grocery store, waiting to check out. Money was tight, so we were just buying a few things to get by. The person in front of us was buying steaks & lobsters, and whatever else. He paid with food stamps. Then when he was done with that, he took out a huge wad off cash to buy cigarettes & beer. Wtf?! That's soooo wrong.
I was in Walmart a few months back.....I get approached by a young, able bodied white guy in his 20's. He says, excuse me Miss, are you paying cash for your items today? Me: Why? Well, I was thinking you could use my EBT card to pay for your food, and you can give me the cash...I really need money to do my laundry. He's wearing expensive looking Nike sneakers...and has an Iphone in his hand. Me: Dude, are you *****kidding me right now??

Don't get it twisted...I don't believe that anyone who lives in this country....where so much perfectly good food is thrown out everyday (if you've ever worked in a restaurant, you know what I mean), should ever go hungry. If a homeless guy asks me for money, I will usually offer to buy them something to eat. But I learned a long time ago...I never give out cash, not even spare change, and no i don't have an extra cigarette.

Last edited:

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
I see this has become a "poor people suck" thread.

Deut. 15:7. If there is a poor man among you, one of your brothers, in any of the towns of the land which the LORD your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart, nor close your hand to your poor brother; but you shall freely open your hand to him, and generously lend him sufficient for his need in whatever he lacks.

Luke 6:20-21. Blessed are you who are poor, for yours in the kingdom of God. Blessed are you who hunger now, for you shall be satisfied. Blessed are you who weep now, for you shall laugh.

James 2:5. Did not God choose the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him?

Prov. 29:7. The righteous is concerned for the rights of the poor; the wicked does not understand such concern.

Those are 4 of the more than 300 mentions of the poor in the Bible. I don't claim to be a saint or even a good christian but I know many on here believe in that book. If your book is the Torah or Qur'an, it has just as many verses extolling the treatment of the poor.

My best friend has lived most of his life on food stamps. It's not as easy as some of you want to make it sound. In the words of Marshall Mathers "These :censored2: foodstamps don't buy diapers." Too much hate and arrogance in the world already to just decide that the people below you in economic status are also below you in moral value.

Last edited:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I see this has become a "poor people suck" thread.

Deut. 15:7. If there is a poor man among you, one of your brothers, in any of the towns of the land which the LORD your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart, nor close your hand to your poor brother; but you shall freely open your hand to him, and generously lend him sufficient for his need in whatever he lacks.

Luke 6:20-21. Blessed are you who are poor, for yours in the kingdom of God. Blessed are you who hunger now, for you shall be satisfied. Blessed are you who weep now, for you shall laugh.

James 2:5. Did not God choose the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him?

Prov. 29:7. The righteous is concerned for the rights of the poor; the wicked does not understand such concern.

Those are 4 of the more than 300 mentions of the poor in the Bible. I don't claim to be a saint or even a good christian but I know many on here believe in that book. If your book is the Torah or Qur'an, it has just as many verses extolling the treatment of the poor.

Too much hate and arrogance in the world already to just decide that the people below you in economic status are also below you in moral value.
If "poor people suck" is all you got out of this thread, you obviously didn't read it that carefully.