The Ghetto

MAKAVELI

I see this has become a "poor people suck" thread.

Deut. 15:7. If there is a poor man among you, one of your brothers, in any of the towns of the land which the LORD your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart, nor close your hand to your poor brother; but you shall freely open your hand to him, and generously lend him sufficient for his need in whatever he lacks.

Luke 6:20-21. Blessed are you who are poor, for yours in the kingdom of God. Blessed are you who hunger now, for you shall be satisfied. Blessed are you who weep now, for you shall laugh.

James 2:5. Did not God choose the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him?

Prov. 29:7. The righteous is concerned for the rights of the poor; the wicked does not understand such concern.

Those are 4 of the more than 300 mentions of the poor in the Bible. I don't claim to be a saint or even a good christian but I know many on here believe in that book. If your book is the Torah or Qur'an, it has just as many verses extolling the treatment of the poor.

Too much hate and arrogance in the world already to just decide that the people below you in economic status are also below you in moral value.
I couldn't agree more. Too many people are quick to judge another without walking in their shoes. So many on this forum like to think of themselves as being above someone who is down and out in life. I grow tired of the same stories. I worked 4 jobs , raised 4 children, while going to school fulltime. People who constantly talk about themselves are usually just full of bs. Instead of talking about yourself, why not lend your time to help these communities help themselves. Nobody, and I mean nobody makes it in life without some kind of help along the way. So do yourselves a favor, get off the high horse, show some compassion and empathy, lend a helping hand to someone in need. You will get far more satisfaction in life than looking at the numbers on your paycheck.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

It isn't up to me to decide who is lazy. Maybe you got different instructions.
When someone asks for some of MY money, I reserve the right to decide who I deem is worthy! You spend yours how you want.

Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

It isn't up to me to decide who is lazy. Maybe you got different instructions.
If your on welfare, your whole entire life......your pretty much a lazy pos? or do you disagree "the one without sin, casting stones"??

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
If your on welfare, your whole entire life......your pretty much a lazy pos? or do you disagree "the one without sin, casting stones"??
I don't think you understand that verse. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." Is another quote from Jesus condemning those on earth who would judge their fellow sinners. No stones were cast. Which is my point. It's not your place or mine to pass judgement on anyone, if that's what you believe in. "Vengeance is mine, sayeth the Lord."

Also it's spelled "you're". Like "you are."

Like I said, I'm far from a good christian. Or even a good person. But when you go to college they make you study old books, the Bible is one of them.

Last edited:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Knowing someone and generalizing everyone on public assistance as milking the system is a far stretch.
Show me one post of mine in this thread where I lumped all poor people into a category without a disclaimer?? Hell, compared to what most of these drivers on here make a year..I'm poor! lol. But I'm not on welfare.

MAKAVELI

Show me one post of mine in this thread where I lumped all poor people into a category without a disclaimer?? Hell, compared to what most of these drivers make a year..I'm poor! lol. But I'm not on welfare!
This whole thread is about dumping on the poor and the ghettos. It's funny that most on here would show their gratitude and honor someone in a military uniform, but turn their nose up to a homeless veteran on the street corner without even knowing it. Why? Because they already formed an opinion of someone before they even get within 20 feet of someone.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
This whole thread is about dumping on the poor and the ghettos. It's funny that most on here would show their gratitude and honor someone in a military uniform, but turn their nose up to a homeless veteran on the street corner without even knowing it. Why? Because they already formed an opinion of someone before they even get within 20 feet of someone.
Now who's generalizing? You said I was generalizing everyone on welfare as milking the system...I said show me a post where I did that. You can't, because I didn't. But you formed an opinion of me, and you're not within 20 miles of me, much less 20 feet. If you're on your lunch, shouldn't you be volunteering at a soup kitchen or something..since you're all about lending your time to the less fortunate?

Last edited:

MAKAVELI

Now who's generalizing? You said I was generalizing everyone on welfare as milking the system...I said show me a post where I did that? You can't, because I didn't. If you're on your lunch, shouldn't you be volunteering at a soup kitchen or something..since you're all about lending your timeto the less fortunate?
I don't need to tell the world what I do to feel good about myself. You should try that.

Johnny Paycheck

"You see, your fair network has created the very balanced narrative that ties people's poverty to their own lack of virtue. And says that programs created to serve the impoverished are in fact the reason that that they are still impoverished. Sort of the idea being 'If they weren't such :censored2: people, they wouldn't be poor. And those foodstamps are just making them :censored2:tier.' Of course, you didn't say it so elegantly. Roll Fox News compilation. 'America's poor are actually living the good life' etc."

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/full-episodes/w1ayhe/march-13--2014---anita-hill

Johnny Paycheck

That's the best you could come up with? Do you find it difficult to pat yourself on the back with your foot in your mouth? lol
So your argument is what? Stopsperhour has no moral ground to stand on because he's not in a soup kitchen right now? I mean, how does one argue against such ironclad reasoning except to say what he did?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I don't think you understand that verse. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." Is another quote from Jesus condemning those on earth who would judge their fellow sinners. No stones were cast. Which is my point. It's not your place or mine to pass judgement on anyone, if that's what you believe in. "Vengeance is mine, sayeth the Lord."

Also it's spelled "you're". Like "you are."

Like I said, I'm far from a good christian. Or even a good person. But when you go to college they make you study old books, the Bible is one of them.
Not necessarily, I have a bachelor's degree. and I haven't cracked a Bible since my confirmation when I was 12.