The Great Package Race

DS

Fenderbender
This all seems like a great idea with the courier contest but it has a funny smell to it if you get my drift.
Look at that DHL pkg that supposedly was delivered to Iraq.Does it look a little bit clean to you?It certainly does not look like its been in at least 3 different trucks and a jet.In fact it looks like smiley there just packed it himself.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I'm not surprized that DHL did so well, they are a bigger company overseas and have more experience than UPS and Fedex combined.

My youngest son is about to graduate high school in a couple of weeks and has applied to Georgia Tech. He wants to become an Engineer of some type. He hasn't decided exactly what type of engineer yet, but I will definitely try my best to make sure its not an Industrial Engineer!:lol:

SmithBarney

This all seems like a great idea with the courier contest but it has a funny smell to it if you get my drift.
Look at that DHL pkg that supposedly was delivered to Iraq.Does it look a little bit clean to you?It certainly does not look like its been in at least 3 different trucks and a jet.In fact it looks like smiley there just packed it himself.

Of course its clean, it got a seat all to itself for the flight and it sat shotgun in the delivery vehicle since it was the only package.

But seriously my sister worked for a medical company, and shipped to
Iraq for the war on many many occassions UPS for a time would not
leave the airport, and all packages were "will call" they do from time to
time deliver in the "green zone" But service is so irratic, the govt, just started
flying the stuff in themselves.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
there is nothing on ups.com about service of small packages to iraq. OnlyUps supply chain solutions moves trailers of goods in and out. So whoever did the test didnt have all of their facts correct.

ImpactedTSG

I'm not surprized that DHL did so well, they are a bigger company overseas and have more experience than UPS and Fedex combined.

My youngest son is about to graduate high school in a couple of weeks and has applied to Georgia Tech. He wants to become an Engineer of some type. He hasn't decided exactly what type of engineer yet, but I will definitely try my best to make sure its not an Industrial Engineer!:lol:
Ind. engineer good. Ind. Engineer at UPS, not so good.