The growth of our forum

overflowed

Our senior said something to the effect of still having P1 lates, even with a service disruption, were still lates. Don't get the guy at all. And the way I typed it is the way he said it.

Just to clarify because we get told different things on a daily basis. I'm not sure if this is what your talking about. What I understand is with this extra P1 time is as follows. The extra time we get for P1 won't affect the station #'s, the individual stations won't be dinged if you deliver P1 in this time frame. But, these lates are still late and Fedex still has to pay if the customer wants a refund. Please, tell me how this makes a bit of difference. Like the fricken wizard of oz behind the curtain, just making ****" up.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
Oddly you say this because I have heard the logo is becoming one. The various colors confuse people. I was going to bring this up last night but didn't. Liken it to how many pickups have you gone to and it's a Ground or Express pickup? And from what I have heard the new barcode will scan from both Ground and Express scanners after the dropbox merger idea.

But back to the logo...
Save your last good colored one.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
If you guys wanna know the truth about a service disruption,
Go to X's website and sign up for email alerts of service disruptions

here

I did and now, when my phone is ringing as soon as my alarm clock goes off and they're telling me we're starting late, I check my email to see how much of a service disruption we're having (usually national serv. disruption) and at least I know going in that I can straight line.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
That was one of the things I really used to enjoy the most about being a courier was all the many times being woken up out of a sound sleep to tell me not to go in on time. Just one of the many ways I used to happily accommodate Fred and Co....I know how much he appreciated it.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Again, this is an area where an IBT rep or Atty could help tremendously.

My first thought is they would fire you within a week if not immediately if they saw this.

But, is that legal?

We need guidance, and without it then that fear will hold.

thedownhillEXPRESS

And just about everyone at my station reads or knows about this forum, I think I am the only "poster" but could be wrong.

Lots of lurkers because they are scared they'll track them down , its like MFE's thread with Kim Jung Un as our employee relations guy.
Its not stretching the truth that far.........

thedownhillEXPRESS

Nice.

Moderator "Over 9 to 5" dropped us some cred in "Meaningless fluff" over on the UPS side today....

Thanks.........

Keep this site growing, it benefits all of us.......

Ricochet1a

Again, this is an area where an IBT rep or Atty could help tremendously.

My first thought is they would fire you within a week if not immediately if they saw this.

But, is that legal?

We need guidance, and without it then that fear will hold.

You can freely distribute literature (both directly person-to-person AND placing info on vehicles) as long as the vehicle or person receiving the hand bill IS OFF EXPRESS PROPERTY. Anything else, and you are subjecting yourself to potential discipline.

If the parking lot in question is property which Express either owns or leases, then distribution of union info would be a violation of company policy. If the parking lot is NOT leased or owned by Express, or the vehicle is parked on a publically maintained roadway, then you are protected in distributing information.

There are specific prohibitions on distributing literature on Express property, or discussing 'union information' while on company time or company property. Once you are off company time AND off company property, then it is all considered under protected free speech.

To get information out, you are going to have to violate the letter of company policy, no way around it. Just use your head, don't shoot off your mouth and the only thing you will have to watch out for is an ops managers trying to fabricate other violations against you in order to get you to either quit, or build enough documentation to support an involuntary termination.

As a labor organizer, you have to be a 'model employee', you can't give management ANYTHING to hang on you to get rid of you for your organizing activities. That is why all this talk of disrupting operations is just foolishness - you'd be handing Fred the things needed to get rid of a labor organizer without every having to worry about you coming back with a counter claim.

Ricochet1a

What, that you are a dick? Common knowledge.

Coming from a sheep that constantly wets himself whenever confronted with any determined foe.... time to change the Depends.

Keep on dreaming that someone would even be willing to offer you a multi-year contract to organize labor....

You need to quit spinning like a weather vane and decide if you are Fred's sheep or something else. In the past two weeks, you have gone to staunchly defending Fred and stating that a union would 'cripple' Express, to making some ridiculous statement that you'd organize.... for a multi-year contract with no performance stipulations....

Even Benedict Arnold didn't flip that quickly on his allegiances - his price was far higher for his change in allegiance.

So what was your price to 'flip' on your allegiance to Express... or have you already done it....

hypo hanna

Ricochet1a; said:
That is why all this talk of disrupting operations is just foolishness - you'd be handing Fred the things needed to get rid of a labor organizer without every having to worry about you coming back with a counter claim.

You can participate in a rulebook slowdown or a work to rule slowdown and still appear to be that model employee. At least the kind of employee they can't fire without making things up. And ultimately that would be their choice. Fire you for following their rules or fire you for a bunch of made up charges that might prove shaky in a courtroom.
These kind of labor actions have been used successfully many times before and with fedex's finely groomed image of happy service providers, the impact of a large scale action would be immediate.
Even if you are a model employee by day and a union organizer by night, that doesn't keep them from trying to fire you. All it takes is for one trusted employee to slip up and tell a kool aid drinker you are organizing and he runs straight to the managers. There are risk and rewards in both courses of action. Each driver has to decide for themselves which they think is the best or maybe the answer is both.

IMO the younger newer drivers have the most to gain from a union and the least at risk. The older ones have much more in commitments with mortgages and kids. They are not as likely to find another job at their age and they won't be around as long to enjoy much of the benefits a union provides. They do have more experience with FedEx and would be better at a rulebook slowdown.

Last edited:

vantexan

Coming from a sheep that constantly wets himself whenever confronted with any determined foe.... time to change the Depends.

Keep on dreaming that someone would even be willing to offer you a multi-year contract to organize labor....

You need to quit spinning like a weather vane and decide if you are Fred's sheep or something else. In the past two weeks, you have gone to staunchly defending Fred and stating that a union would 'cripple' Express, to making some ridiculous statement that you'd organize.... for a multi-year contract with no performance stipulations....

Even Benedict Arnold didn't flip that quickly on his allegiances - his price was far higher for his change in allegiance.

So what was your price to 'flip' on your allegiance to Express... or have you already done it....

I didn't staunchly defend FedEx. I just pointed out that people like you fill people with false hope that a union will give them high pay and great benefits. And I made a sincere offer. I would gladly drive to as many stations as possible and stand outside as they drive out in the morning and hand out cards. As I'm not independently wealthy I'd need expenses covered. And if not me then send their own people but do something. As is all we have now is an agitator with a messianic complex BSing us.

Ricochet1a

... fill people with false hope that a union will give them high pay and great benefits.

in the very same posting....

I would gladly drive to as many stations as possible and stand outside as they drive out in the morning and hand out cards.

So what the hell is it??? Is it false hope, or is it something that you'd make into a job... (or is it something that you don't believe in but are willing to put aside personal belief in order to make a living).

On the one hand it is 'false hope', not a few seconds later it is 'I would gladly.... hand out cards'.

So are you willing to hand out false hope in order to make a living for yourself???? Sure as hell looks like that to me....

In my book that is what I'd call a 'sell-out' and what I pegged you as from the beginning. You'll sell out to whoever is willing to line your pocket.

I've NEVER seen a weather vane spin so quickly...

As is all we have now is an agitator with a messianic complex BSing us.

If you are so willing to hand out cards..., Come on down to the River Jordan and get Baptized into the labor movement.

You lead the charge and I wouldn't feel the need to post here.

Ricochet1a

IMO the younger newer drivers have the most to gain from a union and the least at risk. The older ones have much more in commitments with mortgages and kids. They are not as likely to find another job at their age and they won't be around as long to enjoy much of the benefits a union provides. They do have more experience with FedEx and would be better at a rulebook slowdown.

Your logic is sound... it matches up rather well with the experiences I had trying to get Couriers to sign.

This is part of the issue though... the younger Couriers (20's and 30s) have virtually nothing to lose. They have to organize or be prepared to accept part-time employment after Express has completely reorganized (timing is uncertain on that). The older Couriers are just trying to hold out and don't want to rock the boat, for fear of losing what they have.

The interest of one group of Couriers is at odds with another group - three guesses as to whose favor that plays into.

The tactics of the older Couriers are going to be different from the younger Couriers - the younger Couriers CANNOT be lulled into thinking that stalling tactics are going to work in their favor - they are NOT.

For the younger Courier who has no exit options from Express, they MUST organize or face the consequences. The older Couriers can choose to play the 'wait and see' game, hoping they can some how hold on in the reorganized Express and not have to find other employment prior till they are ready to retire (wishful thinking on their part, in my opinion).