The Heat is On!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Poor newbie went down in Philly not exactly sure what day this was ....View attachment 256468
Destroy the evidence! Nothing to see here...
oie_animated_frame.gif

Rack em

Made the Podium
Why hasn't the IBT negotiated package cars be fitted with air conditioners ?
Because A/C in the cab would be useless, the doors open too much for the A/C to be effective and would just be a waste of resources. What we need is the cargo areas fitted with A/C but I won't hold my breathe for that to happen.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Because A/C in the cab would be useless, the doors open too much for the A/C to be effective and would just be a waste of resources. What we need is the cargo areas fitted with A/C but I won't hold my breathe for that to happen.
AC in cabs and cargo areas!

rod

Retired 22 years
When we pulled up to the pumps at night when it was hot out some of the guys would fire up their personal vehicles and turn the air on so it would be cool for the drive home. . A good trick we used to do was while they weren't looking we would switch the setting to high heat. Fun times. We did just the opposite in the winter.

GenericUsername

You sissies and the heat. It was 110-113 here for a solid week in Florida just last month and not so much a word was said. Hell, I spent 3 hours mowing the yard just after lunch because it was a cool 95 degrees.

But seriously, don't only drink water, make sure you're sustaining your sodium input whether it's by Gatorade or adding Himilayan sea salt to your water, eating chips, or whatever else. Most people don't think about it, but that's one of the reasons your shirt has those white marks on it from the sweat.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
You sissies and the heat. It was 110-113 here for a solid week in Florida just last month and not so much a word was said. Hell, I spent 3 hours mowing the yard just after lunch because it was a cool 95 degrees.

But seriously, don't only drink water, make sure you're sustaining your sodium input whether it's by Gatorade or adding Himilayan sea salt to your water, eating chips, or whatever else. Most people don't think about it, but that's one of the reasons your shirt has those white marks on it from the sweat.
I don’t care for the sweetness of Gatorade, so I’ll mix lemon juice, Himalayan pink salt, apple cider vinegar and a bit of honey in a couple bottles of water. Seems to work well in this Texas heat.