The Hoffa era is over, and the Teamsters are ready to fight

PT Car Washer

If I remember correctly.. In 1985 we were offered a bonus for a 2 year Extension. 1K for FT, 500 PT. It went thru of course, then the 87-90 Agreement had the Same Bonus, Yearly
If I remember correctly the first vote yes bonus was in 1982 with the two tier PT wage proposal. $500 PT bonus was worth $350 after taxes. Cheapest money UPS ever spent. 25 years later the starting wage went up $.50. 40 years later and the starting wage is less then some burger chains. Starting FT isn't much better.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
If I remember correctly the first vote yes bonus was in 1982 with the two tier PT wage proposal. $500 PT bonus was worth $350 after taxes. Cheapest money UPS ever spent. 25 years later the starting wage went up $.50. 40 years later and the starting wage is less then some burger chains. Starting FT isn't much better.

One of those bonuses came out of Jim Casey’s last will and testament and was offered to every employee at UPS (union or not), 1,000 full time/500 part time.

Last edited:

PT Car Washer

One of those bonuses came out of Jim Casey’s last will and testament and was offered to every employee at UPS (union or not), 1,000 full time/500 part time.
I don't remember it that way but I will take your word for it. The company and the Union like to keep us in the dark on a lot of matters. Makes it easier to manipulate us.

Dr.Brownz

Ok, so what your saying is our competition will probably always have a cheaper operating expense, but we’re just going to get as much as we can out of ups, even though we already make $10 an hr more then they do. And on top of it we’re not going to concede anything that we already currently have. That is not a long lasting formula, I don’t care what you say. Whether it’s fair or not with inflation and profit doesn’t matter.
They make RECORD PROFITS EVERY SINGLE YEAR. They can pay the drivers more

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Sounds like we're going to be in for a ride. This UPS contract is going to be far more encompassing than a UPS contract I think.

Sounds like he will start negotiating around March 2023... I expect that he will start expanding the strike fund and shore up the Teamsters’ controlled health and welfare funds before then. A major improvement in the GWI is expected with the inflation rate running rampant.

Right now O’Brien is not asking for much..20 dollars an hour for new hires will be the standard for most of the American companies. The 22.4 positions are expendable or provide better language to get them up to the same pay and protections that the RPCD’s have. The progression time has to be reduced.. 4 years is ridiculous.

The Company I expect will go after subcontracting in any form..try to increase the PVD limits.

Their big issue I believe will be trying to eliminate of reduce their pension responsibilities similar to what happened to their management plans. It all depends on what is happening with our economy a year from now.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Sounds like we're going to be in for a ride. This UPS contract is going to be far more encompassing than a UPS contract I think.
Good.. this isn’t the press that ups wants when the contract isnt even up for a year and a half…I don’t think O’Brien is going to be messing around here…