The Hoffa era is over, and the Teamsters are ready to fight

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Why you old timers always think there’s going to be a “yes bonus”?? Been here 30 years and never once has there been a yes bonus..only 2 cola raises in 30 years also…
We had a one time, first time, yes bonus to our pension contributions in our supplement last contract.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
It was $500 for part-timers and $1,000 for full timers

Was that the 1982 two tier contract?

I believe it was a three year dollar, dollar, dollar an hour pay increase along with the bonuses. What would it be equivalent to today , just guessing around 3 bucks an hour increase.

I believe that the full time progression rates were top rate after an year, health benefits from day one.

The price of gas back in the early 80’s was probably a buck fifty, it was less than a buck before the Carter years. A one bedroom apartment ran around 150 a month in a large city.
Houses were selling on average for 30,000 for a 3 bedroom. New cars were selling for 5,000 as I remember.

Was that the 1982 two tier contract?

I believe it was a three year dollar, dollar, dollar an hour pay increase along with the bonuses. What would it be equivalent to today , just guessing around 3 bucks an hour increase.

I believe that the full time progression rates were top rate after an year, health benefits from one one.

The price of gas back in the early 80’s was probably a buck fifty, it was less than a buck before the Carter years. A one bedroom apartment ran around 150 a month in a large city.
Houses were selling on average for 30,000 for a 3 bedroom. New cars were selling for 5,000 as I remember.
I wasn't there in 1982
Do you think I'm a Quad decade guy?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Yep.

Article 41 Section 3 of the National Master.

Will post a pic later.

1646745552018.jpeg