The Hoffa era is over, and the Teamsters are ready to fight

P700slave

Full time RPCD’s and seniority Feeders will be making close to 40 an hour by 2023...

The only way for the Company to save labor costs are their contributions into our pension and health and welfare plans. They are currently eliminating some of the fat in their management divisions, just keeping done upper level redundant positions for show.

O’Brien and his team will be going into these negotiations fully loaded...Carol and her executive board knows this... pay increases across the board will happen...this will be her first contract and the shareholders are getting fat because of increased demand for shipping products caused by this pandemic.

I fully expect her to start talking to O’Brien about very early negotiations. There will be no need for a strike vote this time. I see the Company eliminating it’s UPS pension plan for part timers and replacing it with a matched 401k similar to what they did with their management’s plans.

It appears that the monetary contributions going into our health and welfare plans are more than adequate to continue our coverages, generally it increases annually at 30 dollars a week per member. Any improvements in that plan is controlled by our health and welfare administrators.
I also think that one day the 401k match will replace the retirement for full timers. In actual numbers, you would have more money with a 401k match at retirement. The next few years will certainly be interesting at UPS.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I also think that one day the 401k match will replace the retirement for full timers. In actual numbers, you would have more money with a 401k match at retirement. The next few years will certainly be interesting at UPS.

The Union will never agreed to it, just look how well the West’s pension plans is doing. I read somewhere that they are looking at 300 dollars per service year. Their part timers also contribute to the full timers’ pension funds.

A matched 401k for the transient part timers makes more sense for those under the Central and Southern. You also have to remember that a vast majority of the high seniority full timers in the IBT /UPS pension plan have at least 5 years vested under that Company controlled pension plan. There has really been no monetary improvements for anyone part time or full time that has vested time in the UPS Pension plan. The International either could not negotiate improvements or did not want to be bothered favoring one region against another for political gain.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We have been saying the same thing for the last 15 years….the more things change the more they stay the same..

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The Union will never agreed to it, just look how well the West’s pension plans is doing. I read somewhere that they are looking at 300 dollars per service year. Their part timers also contribute to the full timers’ pension funds.

A matched 401k for the transient part timers makes more sense for those under the Central and Southern. You also have to remember that a vast majority of the high seniority full timers in the IBT /UPS pension plan have at least 5 years vested under that Company controlled pension plan. There has really been no monetary improvements for anyone part time or full time that has vested time in the UPS Pension plan. The International either could not negotiate improvements or did not want to be bothered favoring one region against another for political gain.
We received a bump in the accrual rate for the next 3 years….that adds up to thousands of extra dollars for someone who can live 10, 20 years after they’re gone from the working world.The main reason that the weat coast plan is so strong is that it is very diversified along so many different companies and industries…it’s not like some plans where almost everything was dependent on trucking firms…

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Everyone knows a $40/hr delivery driver is unrealistic. The next contract will expand on the two tier delivery driver classification while guaranteeing current RPCD and Feeders keep their raises. Starting PT will get a big bump but current PT will be given smaller raises along with 22.3 package handlers. The contract will pass 6 months early. Maybe even a yes bonus.
It is when target is paying people 25 an hour and you can find fast food work all day long for 20+…. Saw a sign for Chick-fil-A stating that they are giving employees a TOTAL compensation package after 3 years at 100k…

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Workers just won a huge lawsuit against XPO. I believe 30 million if I remember correctly. With help from the teamsters.

Members have no idea how hard organizers work. It's a tough job and a thankless job. I've volunteered many times and I'll tell you right now I'd rather deliver packages for 12 hours!

Organizing is a beast. Imagine sales, retail and politics rolled into one. That's about half of what they deal with. On top of that you're pretty much a intern for 3 years.

With all of that said it's a experience and a vital part of the teamsters. So don't ignore them and get involved even if it's a small part. It all helps.
Amazon has a warehouse in NY that will be voting soon.. along with that original Alabama site that’s going for round 2… Starbucks has multiple locations that just had positive union campaigns… just saw that REI is getting into the union business with one store in Seattle and one in NYC??? Becoming unionized locations…

542thruNthru

Amazon has a warehouse in NY that will be voting soon.. along with that original Alabama site that’s going for round 2… Starbucks has multiple locations that just had positive union campaigns… just saw that REI is getting into the union business with one store in Seattle and one in NYC??? Becoming unionized locations…
The NY building is some made up union isn't it? Something like the Amazon Union? Hard to take on a massive company with some rinky dink union. I wish them the best but if they screw it up it will make it harder to really organize Amazon.

Don't forget cannabis. Teamster are working hard to organize Cannabis and it's a big money maker.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The NY building is some made up union isn't it? Something like the Amazon Union? Hard to take on a massive company with some rinky dink union. I wish them the best but if they screw it up it will make it harder to really organize Amazon.

Don't forget cannabis. Teamster are working hard to organize Cannabis and it's a big money maker.
Not sure if it was the same union that is trying to organize Alabama… I’m not sure why it isn’t the teamsters that should be blanketing Amazon with their drivers and warehouses for unionization. A retail union should be for final purchase at a store…thinking everybody wants to get a piece of this…

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

2FB2BCA1-E0AC-498F-9D80-FAB513621161.png

@Wally

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Organize a bunch of stoners? Lol, good luck dude.

giphy (1).gif