The Hoffa era is over, and the Teamsters are ready to fight

Karma...

seans credibility pivots on organizing amazon..then fedex....the ups contract will be a good one by adjusting wages with inflation and getting some concessions....if Sean and carol have any sense the contract will be settled prior to its experation.....aside from all the rhetoric thats what good business leaders do...

542thruNthru

seans credibility pivots on organizing amazon..then fedex....the ups contract will be a good one by adjusting wages with inflation and getting some concessions....if Sean and carol have any sense the contract will be settled prior to its experation.....aside from all the rhetoric thats what good business leaders do...
giphy-48.gif

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I never thought the Teamsters could organize XPO and they are now on their 3rd or 4th barn so anything is possible…

542thruNthru

I never thought the Teamsters could organize XPO and they are now on their 3rd or 4th barn so anything is possible…
Workers just won a huge lawsuit against XPO. I believe 30 million if I remember correctly. With help from the teamsters.

Members have no idea how hard organizers work. It's a tough job and a thankless job. I've volunteered many times and I'll tell you right now I'd rather deliver packages for 12 hours!

Organizing is a beast. Imagine sales, retail and politics rolled into one. That's about half of what they deal with. On top of that you're pretty much a intern for 3 years.

With all of that said it's a experience and a vital part of the teamsters. So don't ignore them and get involved even if it's a small part. It all helps.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Those are only preserved for the “real” partners. There has been no accountability with executives’ salaries compared to those employees who they employ.. they promote each other, give bonuses and compensation, golden parachutes, fat pension and healthcare benefits to each other without true merit or abilities.

I have mentioned that the annual salary for a UPS CEO was topped at 17,000,000 a year plus stock and the rest of the perks. O’Brien will be running a 1.3 million member organization with a 300,000 annual salary...compared to UPS ‘s 500 hundred thousand employees. Take into account that the rest of the Company’s executive board are making close to the same amount as Carol...
Not to start an argument, but where does O'Brien's organization get its revenue from? Can't really compare the two.