The Hypocrisy of UPS Safety

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Love having to do the turnaround first on a deadend street, then walking the package across an icy road instead of stepping off onto a bone dry shoveled sidewalk. I get the back first policy. Do it in my personal vehicles. But the 100 foot part of that policy is insane.
I have a lot of back first exceptions for that very reason.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The morning stretches we do are a joke, pretty much useless. I have been working the Preload on TAW the last week or so. They have their PCM three hours into the sort and do the so-called stretches then. Too little, too late. They do get to listen to "Fun Facts" also.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
The morning stretches we do are a joke, pretty much useless. I have been working the Preload on TAW the last week or so. They have their PCM three hours into the sort and do the so-called stretches then. Too little, too late. They do get to listen to "Fun Facts" also.
The funny thing is that the guy that sold UPS all our new stretches was in our building to demonstrate it to us. That guy robbed more money than John Dillinger !!!!!

Here's a fun fact : I , an experienced 15 year driver, can save the company money by doing my job and taking care of my customers , WHO BY THE WAY ARE THE ONES WHO PAY THE BILLS !!!!!!!!

10 point

Well its kinda hard to get your arm hit if you check the mirror first. But I agree, it's a dangerous method.
There's blind spots.
Swing them in often and the mirror pivots get ground down so they fold in when it's windy or they don't reposition themselves so you're messing with it all day.

NXA

There's blind spots.
Swing them in often and the mirror pivots get ground down so they fold in when it's windy or they don't reposition themselves so you're messing with it all day.
Search the tips and tricks thread for "1/2 inch " 13mm is the same, just in case you find one on sale but not the other.

It is end range motion, tho. I used to tuck it in every stop. Left shoulder has been arguing back lately and now I only do it when it's schoolbus hour or in the hoods with a landscape trailer on every corner. Im not going under the knife to save their sorry Liberty Mutual paperwork.

10 point

Search the tips and tricks thread for "1/2 inch " 13mm is the same, just in case you find one on sale but not the other.

It is end range motion, tho. I used to tuck it in every stop. Left shoulder has been arguing back lately and now I only do it when it's schoolbus hour or in the hoods with a landscape trailer on every corner. Im not going under the knife to save their sorry Liberty Mutual paperwork.
Here, it's driver discretion.

Get it smashed by a passing vehicle while not retracted and discretion is now not applicable. Avoidable trumps driver discretion when the powers that be are omnipotent.

I don't care about mm vs inches.
A cc ='s a ml if you're interested too.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
As long as they pay the workmans comp claims, I couldn't care less if they want to blame me. It's not like I went out of my to hurt myself intentionally.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
@HEFFERNAN today I unknowingly delivered to a relative of the driver who fell in that driveway (that has been the topic of all these PCMs in the Northeast) and got the inside info. It's really messed up:

She was a veteran driver and when she fell she broke her leg (Tibia--the big bone below the knee). While most of us would have called 911, she called UPS. Her center left her laying on that snowy/icy driveway for 45 minutes and then instead of immediately taking her to the hospital....THEY TOOK HER BACK TO THE BUILDING TO DO PAPERWORK FOR THREE HOURS before bringing her to get medical attention according to her family member.

We work for jackasses.