The Immigration Issue

wily_old_vet

double_standard said:
Now bush wants troops all along the mexican border,is there anyone left?
What if the japanese attack pearl harbour again?

Hey DS-Go live in Arizona, New Mexico, Texas or California before you make judgements on how we control our borders.:mad:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Hell, go to north carolina. They have one of the largest percapita influx of mexicans in the USA.

Then again, what about the mexicali bus lines that opperate in areas like NC, FL etc, that will not let you ride unless you are a mexican? I think that would fit the bill for discrimination?

d

DS

Fenderbender
I wasn`t passing judgement ,I was merely saying that with your troops deployed in so many other places,I`m surprised theres enough left for
such a large operation.Hell, if it was up to me,I`d send our troops down there to do it for ya for free.:tank:

rngri4

tieguy said:
Watching the debate. Heard John Kerry claim that illegal immigrants were paying taxes for twenty years. How the hell does an illegal pay taxes without a social security number?

We also had to wonder how many illegal aliens John Kerry had working in the mansion.:lol:

Tieguy, I agree with you 100 percent, but I think we need to change our terms from immigrants to aliens, that is what they are...Illegal Alies, not immigrants. Immigrants is defined in Webster's as people who Legally enter a country. I say that every UPS and Union person should be concerned, because if this keeps up, one day UPS will get slack, and they will take your jobs. Stop them now, and close the borders now, the situation is already out of hand, it needs to be put in check before it gets worse. Our Sunday's here are often spoke of as Illegal Meat Buying day at Wal-Mart, they are everywhere.

rngri4

rngri4 said:
Tieguy, I agree with you 100 percent, but I think we need to change our terms from immigrants to aliens, that is what they are...Illegal Alies, not immigrants. Immigrants is defined in Webster's as people who Legally enter a country. I say that every UPS and Union person should be concerned, because if this keeps up, one day UPS will get slack, and they will take your jobs. Stop them now, and close the borders now, the situation is already out of hand, it needs to be put in check before it gets worse. Our Sunday's here are often spoke of as Illegal Meat Buying day at Wal-Mart, they are everywhere.

Oh, one more thought, Kerry and Heinz Kerry are big supportes of illegals. Anyone remember the Democratic National Convention when Mrs. Heinz Kerry spoke the first couple of minutes in Spanish just for them? Wonder how much Heinz products are made in Mexico or by illegals!

tieguy

Banned
george played the spanish trump card too when he first ran for president. Compassionate conservative who could speak spanish. Compassionate conservative was a nice thought before 9/11. Then it was time to roll up our sleeves and kick some terrorist behind. It was also a time to reevaluate the options terrorist could use to sneak across our borders. Realistically it does not make much sense to put airline passengers through full body cavity searches while anyone can just walk across our border.

He didn't get a warm response to his latest outline for immigration reform. While its not a particularly creative solution I think it is functionally realistic. Seal the borders. Allow more seasonal workers the right to come here and work. Possibly allow them the ability to earn the right to a permanent visa. Develop a reliable means of identification so we actually know who it is that is crossing our borders. We can argue about losing jobs to immigrants till we turn blue in the face, that argument has been raging as long as we have had immigrants. I don't think anyone in this country that prides itself on being the melting pot really begrudges anyone the right to come here and enjoy a better life. But I think most would agree it has to be controlled to ensure the infrastructure of communities and available jobs will support those who make the trip.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"I don't think anyone in this country that prides itself on being the melting pot really begrudges anyone the right to come here and enjoy a better life. But I think most would agree it has to be controlled to ensure the infrastructure of communities and available jobs will support those who make the trip."

Tieguy........ I agree, especially the part where communities suffer because so much of the immigrant flow ends up in gangs.....people can't even go out of their homes because of the danger the gangs pose.

Slothrop

tie,

Please clarify your stance. First you were against open borders, now you seem to be for them. How do you seal the borders and allow seasonal workers in? That's not a sealed border. Permanent visa? Do you mean 'guest worker' or a path to citizenship? Identification? Do you mean a 'National ID card'?

The only terrorist that has tried to smuggle explosives into the USA came over the Canadian border. Why is the Canadian border not being staffed with untrained (for border patrol) troops?

Do you just follow the talking points, or do you have an opinion of your own?

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Why is the Canadian border not being staffed with untrained (for border patrol) troops? "

Because DS said he'd watch it for us. :lol: :lol:

tieguy

Banned
Slothrop said:
tie,

Please clarify your stance. First you were against open borders, now you seem to be for them. How do you seal the borders and allow seasonal workers in? That's not a sealed border. Permanent visa? Do you mean 'guest worker' or a path to citizenship? Identification? Do you mean a 'National ID card'?

The only terrorist that has tried to smuggle explosives into the USA came over the Canadian border. Why is the Canadian border not being staffed with untrained (for border patrol) troops?

Do you just follow the talking points, or do you have an opinion of your own?

Susan I think its pretty clear what I said in my post and its not what you are now trying to define as a contradiction. I have been very clear on the point that I don't begrudge anyone seeking a better life and that my primary concern all along has been our security. I wonder if you are the reason eskimos used to leave their newborns out on the ice for the polar bears.

tieguy

Banned
By the way Susan I'm curious. When you see my flag and statue of liberty avatar do you feel guilty like a sinner who sees the priest walking down the street?

In fairness to your other question if terrorist did sneak across our borders and kill say 5000 americans would you then be for closing our borders? If not how many americans would they have to kill before you would support closing our borders?

how about american ranchers? Should we respect their concerns with the border or tell them to move?

how about the legal americans in los angelos who belong to union cleaning services. What should we tell them when they lose their jobs to illegal alliens who snuck across the border.

your only argument that has had any credibilit for this issue has been the concern of seperating families. That is an easy one. Don't grant them citizenship. Throw the intact family unit back where they came from. Hand them an application and tell them to apply the legal way.

Slothrop

liegay said:
By the way Susan I'm curious. When you see my flag and statue of liberty avatar do you feel guilty like a sinner who sees the priest walking down the street?

Nah, It makes me think what a hypocrite you are.

tieguy

Banned
Excellent Susan,

You changed my name to liegay. This means I scored huge points in pissing you off. Though really there was no need for you being perturbed all you have to do is learn to read and comprehend and you will not ask such stupid questions as you did with your recent post.

I did notice that while you enjoy being critical of anyone who wants to control our borders you were once again woefully inept at answering the concerns that prompt our wanting to control our borders. Do you have a position other than attacking mine?

Slothrop

tiegay said:
I did notice that while you enjoy being critical of anyone who wants to control our borders you were once again woefully inept at answering the concerns that prompt our wanting to control our borders. Do you have a position other than attacking mine?

I suppose when you have been shown time and time again to have no opinion of your own, and are only capable of repeating talking points, the best course would be to lie about what I've said. You've done that time and time again. I think you should work on reading comprehension. Go back and reread my posts. Read them aloud if you must in order to comprehend. I have clearly laid out my position on immigration more than once.

PS-- You still have spelling errors in your sig file. I've come to regard them as your MO:lol: :lol: :lol:

tieguy

Banned
And again you take an attacking position and yet somehow seem to be afraid to state your position on the immigration issue. Your demonstrated position to this point has been to attack and ridicule anyone else. Perhaps you have a position you would like to clearly stand behind or shall we continue to watch you engage in these evasive maneurvers of yours. I hope you enjoy the spelling errers I have provided you with in this post.:thumbup1: