The L-396 campaign trail is underway....

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
No Names!

8.) You are responsible for protecting your own privacy and respecting the privacy of others. This means no posting of your own or any other person's full name, email addresses, work or home locations, job titles, phone numbers, addresses, Social Security numbers, or any other personally identifiable or private information. This also means your full name cannot be used as your username or posted anywhere on our site.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/help/terms

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Tony clearly pointed out that names should not be posted here yet there were posts written after his that have now been deleted. Please read the following:

7 Ways to Get Your Posts Edited or Deleted

1. VIOLATE COPYRIGHTS. Copying and pasting an entire article, story or any other copyrighted materials here is a no-no because that's AGAINST COPYRIGHT LAW! It's okay to post small excerpts and/or your own comments and a link to the original work. If you find copyright laws too restrictive feel free to start a thread in the Current Events forum debating the merits of Copyright laws.

2. THREATEN or HARASS OTHERS. You are free to add members to your ignore list if they annoy you. You are also free to report them if they have offended you. Threatening or harassing others is not allowed, even if you think they deserve it.

3. BE CREEPY. Protect privacy, everyone's privacy. You wouldn't like it if you discovered that someone else had posted your name, your face, or a pic of your Mom here. That's creepy, don't be creepy.

4. THWART LANGUAGE FILTERS. Using spaces between letters, strange characters or misspellings to get around the language filters to post filtered words is annoying. Your vocabulary is bigger than that. Curse words are not okay. We know you know what that means.

5. SPAM. If we wanted Spam we'd buy it in a can.

• Posting promotional content, affiliate links, or selling stuff is spam.
  • Posting links to your own website, blog, or other self promotional stuff in your signature is spam.
6. CALL SOMEONE A "POOP HEAD". You may be correct about the composition of their head, but don't make disparaging remarks or derogatory comments about other members. Debate the issue; not the person. That means no name calling, okay?

7. TROLLING. What is trolling? Making extreme rude, disparaging or inflammatory comments just to get an emotional response. If you see someone "trolling" please use the report link to alert the moderators/troll catchers.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/help/terms#tldr

Evil

When names of the anti-Hoffa people are posted nothing happens. When the names of pro-Hoffa and pro-company people are posted World War III breaks-out and the moderators of this forum come to their defense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Integrity

Binge Poster
The Local 396 campaign has begun. Last night the G Slate was received well despite the mudslinging from the H camp that was laughed at over the garbage contract.

The incumbent camp even attempted to get violent with G's camp.

Hey Ron it looks like that piece of garbage contract is campaigning against you. You could have Donald Duck running against you and you're still gonna get laughed at for your cowardice during negotiations.

Send my greetings to Andy "the numbskull" at his right-to-work state.
Evil,

I have been around for my share of elections.

I think it would be a nice change of pace for a local to actually have a campaign.

Having those running only telling others how bad things are is not what is needed.

What is needed is to have those running tell the voters what they are going to do to make things better.

Sincerely,
I

Evil,

I have been around for my share of elections.

I think it would be a nice change of pace for a local to actually have a campaign.

Having those running only telling others how bad things are is not what is needed.

What is needed is to have those running tell the voters what they are going to do to make things better.

Sincerely,
I
Fase promises ,like the safety committee? All words and no action?

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
When names of the anti-Hoffa people are posted nothing happens. When the names of pro-Hoffa and pro-company people are posted World War III breaks-out and the moderators of this forum come to their defense.
If you see any full names posted report them. Otherwise it's unlikely that the mods will see them.

Cheryl isn't pro union or company. It's her site bro. If you don't like it just go away. Her game take your ball and go home.

LagunaBrown

The intentions of these anarchists are obvious. If not 396 then its the next Local up for elections....... The trolls are getting ridiculous. They bash every local in an effort to sucker some disgruntled sock puppet to run.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Ballots are out! Not looking good for RG.

His people were "laughed" out of our property. Reminds me of an old joke:

When a person tries to hand me a flyer, its just another way of saying, "hey, can you throw this away for me?"

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Either side that wins, are in it for them self.... Still will be back room deals. etc etc etc

For some people yes, like RG. who's in this for TDU's sake, not the members. This has been made abundantly clear to the membership.

For others, they can serve the members with honor and dignity. All people go into office wanting to do the right thing, but some move away from that direction sooner than others. The longer away from the front lines, the easier to forget about what is happening with the membership. Some call that "losing focus".

Those that seek higher office, while cavorting with the likes of political activists even before they hold office does nothing but demonstrate the speed in which they will abandon the membership once they took office.

This election is simple, and there is really no contest to worry about. It will be over soon and we can all go back to our business as usual.

I have re calculated my election outcome projections based on changes to the RG slate.

RH slate 1845 votes (100 less than the last election, mostly due to non voters who dont like either slate)
RG slate 1005 votes (technically 200 less than last time, but +200 votes from members upset with contract)

Overall, I see ballots coming in lower than the last election only because neither slate will earn their votes and those members will just not vote.

Total eligible votes to be counted 2850 (projection)

RG will lose big, and hopefully he will move on and just finish his career in feeder quietly and makes an honest attempt at staying out of local politics during his final years at UPS.

As for RH, I hope he "hears" the message and re invests himself into the UPS concerns. If done properly, he shouldnt have to face another challenger in 2017.

Thats my prediction.

TOS.

Brown Spider

For some people yes, like RG. who's in this for TDU's sake, not the members. This has been made abundantly clear to the membership.

For others, they can serve the members with honor and dignity. All people go into office wanting to do the right thing, but some move away from that direction sooner than others. The longer away from the front lines, the easier to forget about what is happening with the membership. Some call that "losing focus".

Those that seek higher office, while cavorting with the likes of political activists even before they hold office does nothing but demonstrate the speed in which they will abandon the membership once they took office.

This election is simple, and there is really no contest to worry about. It will be over soon and we can all go back to our business as usual.

I have re calculated my election outcome projections based on changes to the RG slate.

RH slate 1845 votes (100 less than the last election, mostly due to non voters who dont like either slate)
RG slate 1005 votes (technically 200 less than last time, but +200 votes from members upset with contract)

Overall, I see ballots coming in lower than the last election only because neither slate will earn their votes and those members will just not vote.

Total eligible votes to be counted 2850 (projection)

RG will lose big, and hopefully he will move on and just finish his career in feeder quietly and makes an honest attempt at staying out of local politics during his final years at UPS.

As for RH, I hope he "hears" the message and re invests himself into the UPS concerns. If done properly, he shouldnt have to face another challenger in 2017.

Thats my prediction.

Really? And someone who moves away from that direction...someone who forgets what is happening with the membership...someone who is losing focus...would that be someone who reaches out to a Division Manager to get a little help with retaliating against a slate of candidates for local union office?

Last edited:

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Richard G is not TDU and neither is Fred Z. Why is anyone who doesn't support Hoffa or his incompetent hofficers accused of being TDU. Was Fred G TDU? No!

Anyone that makes accusations like that is a maroon.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Richard G is not TDU and neither is Fred Z. Why is anyone who doesn't support Hoffa or his incompetent hofficers accused of being TDU. Was Fred G TDU? No!

Anyone that makes accusations like that is a maroon.

Too late bro. If it walks like a duck, hangs out with ducks, then its a duck.

You cant campaign with hardline TDU operatives and then try to separate yourself from TDU. Thats just plain stupid.

Since no names can be used, there is no way to post the identities of the TDU activists participating with RG.

Matters not. RG is about to get creamed.

TDU will have sealed his fate in local politics.

TOS.