The last of the 22.3

ManInBrown

Impossible. Some of the 22.3 jobs at least in the 177 are highly coveted FT positions. Rewrap, clerk, porter. Lots of 25-30 year drivers move into those positions.

F

Frankie's Friend

20181007_213526.jpg
Screenshot_20181007-213208_Chrome.jpg

Section 11.

Attachments

• ups_contract_proposal22.4b.pdf
    25.8 KB · Views: 296
F

Frankie's Friend

Man we got screwed didn’t we
I keep breaking my promise to not post here anymore.
This doesnt "say" that there wont be any more new 22.3 opportunities but the mass push to create cheap driving positions will probably be a tsunami, brushing 22.3 jobs to the rear of the line as far as possible.
It quacks like a duck.

At least your local was honest with you. Our ba said the 22.4s will absolutely not take the place of 22.3 opportunities. I can only go by the language written. I presume the proposed language is the same as the final version? I'll default to that.

F

Frankie's Friend

Yeah but the 22.4 make the company more money
The posted answer from the ibt said "many of these new jobs will most likely be 22.4 jobs".
There you have it in black and white.
But the 22.4 jobs wont "make the company more money" as much as over the life span of a 22.4 career they will save them a ton of money and the more they implement the more the savings.

When your job gets "red circled" it's like comparing it to a protected species. You may become extinct. Fyi.
(Note the number of red circled part timers still working.)

Wellitjusthappened

The posted answer from the ibt said "many of these new jobs will most likely be 22.4 jobs".
There you have it in black and white.
But the 22.4 jobs wont "make the company more money" as much as over the life span of a 22.4 career they will save them a ton of money and the more they implement the more the savings.

When your job gets "red circled" it's like comparing it to a protected species. You may become extinct. Fyi.
(Note the number of red circled part timers still working.)
I get red circle for the whole 4yrs of 22.3 progression

The Real Jack RyanMI6

This is one of those specifically vague areas UPS is sure to use in their favor as much as possible if they are able to replace 22.3s with 22.4s in our center UPS will save a ton of money. A few are ready to retire in 1 to 3 years so it will be interesting to see.