The last of the 22.3

Indecisi0n

tenor.gif

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
I didn't see anything in the contract protecting the number of 22.3 jobs we have. Did anyone see it? If it's not in the contract, they're not protected and as they retire, they can be replaced via 22.4. if anyone has seen it protected in the contract, please feel free to share it. The only protected position i saw was RPCD. I didn't see Air driver protection either. Speaking of which, part time Air drivers will have a higher top rate then 22.4's. That's hilarious, plus if an Air driver was to get lucky and do ground, they'll get the top RPCD rate for the day and make killing compared to the 22.4 job. Hilarious.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I didn't see anything in the contract protecting the number of 22.3 jobs we have.

Really ?

"The number of full-time jobs created under Article 22, Section 3 of the 1997-2002, and the 2002-2008 and the 2013-2018 Agreements shall not be reduced."

The number of 22.3 jobs have been protected since 1997.

-Bug-

Backlasher

Hi BUG. Been a long time. If that's still in this contract and ,for legal purpose on technicality, specifically mentioning 22.3 than I agree with you. The problem is, it wasn't honored in the past in many locals. my center has had three 22.3 retired and not replaced in the last 6 years. It's been grieved, fought and lost. The 22.3 screwed us by not demanding their 8 hour and would cut and run the moment a part time air driver was there to take the work. So we couldn't justify the full time position because those 22.3 idiots rarely worked full time. They kept track of their hours and made sure to work minimum to clear for the full time pension. UPS finds ways to not justify keeping s 22.3 simply by tempting them with hours off.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The problem is, it wasn't honored in the past in many locals. my center has had three 22.3 retired and not replaced in the last 6 years. It's been grieved, fought and lost.

The issue has been grieved numerous times, by many Locals.

Bottom line.... the company is required to maintain the "number" of jobs.

Not specific, to a certain location. (unless a supplement requires it).

The 22.3 screwed us by not demanding their 8 hour and would cut and run the moment a part time air driver was there to take the work. So we couldn't justify the full time position because those 22.3 idiots rarely worked full time. UPS finds ways to not justify keeping s 22.3 simply by tempting them with hours off.

I wish you wouldn't have said that.

It's a "pet peeve" of mine.

Right now.... I'll keep my mouth shut.

Or, a major rant would ensue.

-Bug-

Backlasher

I have much respect for you and I see your point in this, but I know UPS all to well, along with our weak members who don't vote No and let who let the company make up the rules. I really think this lose should be a wake up call to members that we need to stand United. Not just sit by woroworand let the votes fall back on the few. Not just let the grievance papers be signed by a few. It's always been about numbers and if only a few stand, well, we have nothing to stand on.

Nine5

I keep breaking my promise to not post here anymore.
This doesnt "say" that there wont be any more new 22.3 opportunities but the mass push to create cheap driving positions will probably be a tsunami, brushing 22.3 jobs to the rear of the line as far as possible.
It quacks like a duck.

At least your local was honest with you. Our ba said the 22.4s will absolutely not take the place of 22.3 opportunities. I can only go by the language written. I presume the proposed language is the same as the final version? I'll default to that.
New England?

F

Frankie's Friend

From the Sep 6, 2018 Q & As thru UPSrising...
View attachment 216271

The existing 22.3 jobs cannot be eliminated.

Absolutely.

The 5000 new full-time jobs to be created, is the minimum.
It's been a while but the last time I saw the national grievance docket the game of hide the peanut (22.3 jobs being "moved" to another location) was prevalent. Has this been fixed or still ongoing?