the latest rumor!!!

loserupser

Two minute Therapist
I just hear the the newest rumor!!!!

That management level 20 and above all got their raises!!!!!

I cant believe this, that they would sellout their own kind to their greed!!!!!

I truly believe that the backbone of the management team are the front line sups, Im not saying that I like all sups or that they are all good, but they are the ones that have to deal with day to day operations. These level 20 managers and above have some testicular virility!!!!

I feel bad for the management team that sacrificed their pay raise, only so the these bigwigs could have some extra cash. :angry:

Last edited:

upssalesguy

UPS Defender

I truly believe that the backbone of the management team are the front line sups, Im not saying that I like all sups or that they are all good, but they are the ones that have to deal with day to day operations. These level 20 managers and above have some testicular virility!!!!

I feel bad for the management team that sacrificed their pay raise, only so the these bigwigs could have some extra cash. :angry:

welcome to the machine! serisouly, i didnt hear this and cant imagine how anyone would....

and i believe the backbone of management is sales :)

pretzel_man

You heard a false rumor.

P-Man

upser_J

can someone explain what a level 20 manager is... I didn't realize it was World of UPScraft! I'm sure there are other readers who don't know what this means either

chev

Nightcrawler
can someone explain what a level 20 manager is... I didn't realize it was World of UPScraft! I'm sure there are other readers who don't know what this means either
At level 20 you become a very powerful Rogue with enhanced back stabbing abilities. :happy-very:

PobreCarlos

upser_J;

Refers to management level/paygrade. Don't ask me to break-down the various levels, because I don't remember them anymore (and they may well have changed). However, I believe a "20" represents a higher-level management position.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

In the district, there is only one person that is level 20 or higher and that is the District manager which is a 22.
In the Region, the dept heads are 20 and Region manager is a 23-24.
At Corporate, there are many 20's and higher. All over the freakin' place. :wink2:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
In the district, there is only one person that is level 20 or higher and that is the District manager which is a 22.
In the Region, the dept heads are 20 and Region manager is a 23-24.
At Corporate, there are many 20's and higher. All over the freakin' place. :wink2:

That's all right, I'll keep sucking up more stops. These people have to eat too.:sick:

upser_J

upser_J;

Refers to management level/paygrade. Don't ask me to break-down the various levels, because I don't remember them anymore (and they may well have changed). However, I believe a "20" represents a higher-level management position.
was just curious if thats the everyday coordiantor or a shift manager or higher than that

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
I'm guessing you're right.

Tell me......between checking your email in the morning, the obligatory daily conference call, and typing up your daily accomplishments every evening.....when do you have time to actually do your job??

well, you forgot 3 drink lunches and daily golf. that is the hardest to schedule. we work long, thankless hours in parking lots all around the city.

We are the ones putting packages on the truck and keeping fedex from taking our volume. go ahead and negotiate a $4 million deal and win volume from fedex if you think you can.

there is a reason we are the only managers still in suits. we talk to the c-level executives at our customers. we ONLY get our full salary if our accounts are performing to plan. lots of us havent gotten full compensation in 2 years because of the economy. we are completly numbers driven, jsut like the drivers.

we are the ones blamed when a customer does divert, even if the real reason is constant service failure(s). it's easy to blame BD.

airbusfxr

Grade 20's only get a 200% bonus and it was for 3 years. This was voted on several years ago and locked in for at least 3 years. Go to SEC filings on Yahoo Finance, it is all good news for 20's and CERTAIN DIV MGRs, those certain people include all airline div mgrs and probably most well to do pkg div mgrs.

pretzel_man

Grade 20's only get a 200% bonus and it was for 3 years. This was voted on several years ago and locked in for at least 3 years. Go to SEC filings on Yahoo Finance, it is all good news for 20's and CERTAIN DIV MGRs, those certain people include all airline div mgrs and probably most well to do pkg div mgrs.

That's not a true statement.

Yes, there is something called LTIP for grade 20's and above. It is not 200%.

As I recall, the last one paid at less than 70%.

Grade 20's are rewarded based on how well UPS hits these three targets:
- Earnings per share
- Operating ROIC
- Revenue Growth

These are the same indices that will drive stock price improvements.

These people make up about .1% of all UPSers. If rewarding them will allow UPS to hit and exceed those targets, that is a very good thing.

P-Man

negrosangre

I agree with Hoaxster, if what I heard about the SCS group is true. That is, their buildings are getting emptier/smaller. I asked if it was because they were becoming more efficient, and was told it wasn't that, it was because of customer pull back and losing customers.

wisedragonfly

well, you forgot 3 drink lunches and daily golf. that is the hardest to schedule. we work long, thankless hours in parking lots all around the city.

We are the ones putting packages on the truck and keeping fedex from taking our volume. go ahead and negotiate a $4 million deal and win volume from fedex if you think you can.

there is a reason we are the only managers still in suits. we talk to the c-level executives at our customers. we ONLY get our full salary if our accounts are performing to plan. lots of us havent gotten full compensation in 2 years because of the economy. we are completly numbers driven, jsut like the drivers.

we are the ones blamed when a customer does divert, even if the real reason is constant service failure(s). it's easy to blame BD.

You are 100% correct upssalesguy!