The lawncare/landscape thread.

Returntosender

2740ca473c401d8943f717301705d1bce087de0d.jpg

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Yes suspension was very important to me considering a lot of what I'll mow was pasture. I picked up some flex forks for the hustler.

What do you run for trimmers and blower?
I have echo weed eater
Gas hedge trimmer and blower they work well for home owner not sure how they'd do if you ran them all day

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I have echo weed eater
Gas hedge trimmer and blower they work well for home owner not sure how they'd do if you ran them all day
Echo is some good stuff.

I spent almost $300 on a stihl fs90 trimmer probably 7-8 years ago. Way over kill for then but now it's a great decision. Think has never taken more than 3 pulls to start.

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
Echo is some good stuff.

I spent almost $300 on a stihl fs90 trimmer probably 7-8 years ago. Way over kill for then but now it's a great decision. Think has never taken more than 3 pulls to start.
Echo made the best commercial weed eaters... Their blowers were pretty good too but just a little heavy.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
My dad has one its all my father in law runs and my brother in laws also.

I don't know what it is but I have trouble every time I use any of their husky stuff.

I have a smaller Husky string trimmer. My son has a bigger (straight shaft) Husky and a back-pack blower.

They all start on the second or third pull for me. The only problem is, I replaced the fuel lines on the trimmers with hose that would stand up to ethanol.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I have a smaller Husky string trimmer. My son has a bigger (straight shaft) Husky and a back-pack blower.

They all start on the second or third pull for me. The only problem is, I replaced the fuel lines on the trimmers with hose that would stand up to ethanol.
We have a local gas station that carries ethonal free fuel its all I use in my small engines.

Yeah like I said I know lots of people that love them and use them commercially. I just always have bad luck.

I worked for a state park for 2 summers and the city for 1. We ran the :censored2: out of stihl and had very few problems.

All about what an individual likes though.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Oh and 99% of my problems have been with their chainsaws.

Stihl saws?

Way back in the early '70's, the tree company I worked for switched over from Homelite to Stihl saws.

The Stihls cut circles around the Homelites, but were a bitch to work on. For instance, you had to tear half the saw apart to replace the pull cord.