The mysterious sock source

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
That works if you are a 35 year driver or a kiss arse. If I come in with one button out of place they are trying to walk me off.
Small center/building?
My building has probably 600 drivers or more. Tell them you can’t find the website or the usernames ever since they changed it. Boom. They can’t say anything else to you except give you the information. People are so scared of UPS I don’t get it.

Last edited:

iruhnman630

Might want to trim those so the socks will last? Just saying...
images
I would laugh at that, but I have alien toenails that could put Freddy Krugers' fingernails to shame if I don't keep them short

GameCockFan

ARTICLE 58 – UNIFORMS AND PERSONAL APPEARANCE Employer agrees that if any employee is required to wear any kind of uniform as a condition of his continued employment, such uni- - 237 - form shall be furnished, and maintained by the Employer, free of charge, at the standard required by the Employer.

I don't buy socks. I've been given socks at the pcm, but even those weren't the twin hill ones with the logo. I won't pay nearly $50 with shipping for socks. That's a hill I'm willing to die on. Send me home if necessary.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
ARTICLE 58 – UNIFORMS AND PERSONAL APPEARANCE Employer agrees that if any employee is required to wear any kind of uniform as a condition of his continued employment, such uni- - 237 - form shall be furnished, and maintained by the Employer, free of charge, at the standard required by the Employer.

ARTICLE 42. UNIFORMS

"Effective May 1, 1994, short uniform trousers will be provided as an option for package and feeder drivers at no cost to the employee. Such shorts may only be worn in compliance with uniform and appearance standards established by the Employer."

https://teamster.org/sites/default/files/ups18nationalmaster.pdf

That's a hill I'm willing to die on.

Don't expect us to carry you down....

:biggrin:

-Bug-

GameCockFan

If it's UPS specific and branded, they need to provide it. I can buy any shoes/undershirt/etc of my choice as long as they are compliant, then that's ok. If tomorrow they said you have to buy specific shoes with a UPS logo on it, I expect they will provide those as well.

"if any employee is required to wear any kind of uniform as a condition of his continued employment, such uniform shall be furnished"

It's worked for me for 32 years. I don't suppose I'll need to be carried down lol. I did buy the first set and have been given some at the pcm, but it was those brown with a gold ring around them. I was questioned once during an audit and told the socks were out of compliance. I told the guy I got them as a safe driving award at a pcm and that was the end of it. Of course I work at an extended center and see my boss 3-5 times a year.