The mysterious sock source

iruhnman630

Two weeks later, still no socks that were due to arrive by the 7th, and the tracking link in the confirmation e-mail doesn't work.

Good choice on the uniform provider, ups.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I won't pay nearly $50 with shipping for socks. That's a hill I'm willing to die on. Send me home if necessary.
The new socks are $17 including shipping for a pair of 6. I make enough money to shell out a 20 for socks. It’s not worth the headache to me.

iruhnman630

The new socks are $17 including shipping for a pair of 6. I make enough money to shell out a 20 for socks. It’s not worth the headache to me.
I find that a 6-pack of socks lasts a year.

On principle, we shouldn't have to buy uniform parts to be comfortable in the summer, but pick your battles I guess.

I find that a 6-pack of socks lasts a year.

On principle, we shouldn't have to buy uniform parts to be comfortable in the summer, but pick your battles I guess.
Runner!
They can last for over a decade.
15818792985282338349829548440136.jpg

Roller252

ARTICLE 58 – UNIFORMS AND PERSONAL APPEARANCE Employer agrees that if any employee is required to wear any kind of uniform as a condition of his continued employment, such uni- - 237 - form shall be furnished, and maintained by the Employer, free of charge, at the standard required by the Employer.

Anybody here ever bring their dirty uniforms / laundry in for the employer (UPS) to wash and maintain? Just curious. Kinda goes along with being asked to use our personal cell phones for company calls but that's another hill and my legs are getting tired:teethy:

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Anybody here ever bring their dirty uniforms / laundry in for the employer (UPS) to wash and maintain? Just curious. Kinda goes along with being asked to use our personal cell phones for company calls but that's another hill and my legs are getting tired:teethy:
Our PE guys have hampers they throw their uniforms in everyday. Someone (I think Aramark) picks them up every day and drops off clean ones for them to wear. Not sure why drivers aren’t offered the same service although I’m not sure if I’d be ok wearing someone else’s clothes. Cleaned or not.

govols019

You smell that?
They will clean our pants (not sure about the shirts) in the Southern....we only have one driver in our center take advantage of the cleaning service.

Nobody else wants to change clothes before leaving.

The cleaning service screwed up and didn't bring his pants back one week....he just wore blue jean shorts until they brought his uniform pants back.

iruhnman630

They will clean our pants (not sure about the shirts) in the Southern....we only have one driver in our center take advantage of the cleaning service.

Nobody else wants to change clothes before leaving.

The cleaning service screwed up and didn't bring his pants back one week....he just wore blue jean shorts until they brought his uniform pants back.
Cutoffs? With the pockets hanging out of the bottom?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
They will clean our pants (not sure about the shirts) in the Southern....

Same thing in the Central.

"The Employer is to schedule the cleaning of the uniform pants so as to assure that each driver has an adequate and serviceable uniform available."

That's one of those little contract gems.

The company tries to lay a BS warning letter on a driver ?

Here ya go.... grievance time.