The New UPS Stretching routine

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
should just make the drivers do some light calisthenics like jumping jacks, the stretching we do is atrocious

a lot of the heavy business and country drivers could stand to lose a couple extra calories before they bid to feeders anyways

F

Frankie's Friend

Even better, put in some extra routes so we dont have to use end of range and jerking motions to unburry, reach, and dig out orion driven stops, forever load and unload ov size and ov 70s thrown in at the end of the preload shift that bury am work, and put the commits where theyre reachable without using a bobcat to clear the walk path.

Even better, put in some extra routes so we dont have to use end of range and jerking motions to unburry, reach, and dig out orion driven stops, forever load and unload ov size and ov 70s thrown in at the end of the preload shift that bury am work, and put the commits where theyre reachable without using a bobcat to clear the walk path.
They need a route with two people in the truck delivering over weights. If they really cared about safety.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Does your center require 100% Orion compliance? If not, and I’m sure it doesn’t, Orion is to be used as a tool to deliver your route in the most efficient manner possible. You are not supposed to be digging packages out of the 7000 or 8000 shelves until later in the day.

Work smarter, not harder.

Blackadder 2

In addition to our morning stretches, drivers who have to go 30 minutes or more to their first stop are advised to take a moment to stretch out before making their first delivery.

I agree, when they ride me I get out at my first stop and do 5 minutes of stretching to get ready. The Supervisors all love that move. :)

F

Frankie's Friend

Does your center require 100% Orion compliance? If not, and I’m sure it doesn’t, Orion is to be used as a tool to deliver your route in the most efficient manner possible. You are not supposed to be digging packages out of the 7000 or 8000 shelves until later in the day.

Work smarter, not harder.
Ok thanks oh wise one.
As usual, your wisdom doesnt quite transcend every situation.
My route delivers one town and three villages in 4 different counties so if i cant find burried stops in one town or village and have to back track it can (& has) cost me 20-30 extra unscheduled ORION miles that will be a problem (regardless of trace percentage) that i have to explain when it occurs.

Einstein, fyi not all the pkgs with 7000 and 8000 hins are loaded on the shelves if you havent noticed.

Even at 85% compliance the irregs and ov 70s create end of range, lift-lowering, and power zone carrying problems that stretching excersizes and other methods dont address unless you want to unload the truck multiple times and run your airs off out of trace.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Frankie's Friend

I did hear that mentioned but heaven forbid they actually create another job!
Probably, theyll go after more ltl and fill the truck that way instead of relief for pc drivers except a few that may fit their logistics for that day.

F

Frankie's Friend

That sounds about right. We need language on a maximum amount of over weights we can handle per day.
Agreed, as long as i dont get the overflow of ov 70s from my loop partners to keep them from going over the limit.