The news media is bought!

Overpaid Union Thug

The media does more damage than good nowadays. And 90 something percent of it is controlled by liberals. Without them the recession in 2008 would have been much, much less severe. It might not have happened at all. But they were bound and determined to use a severe recession (which, by definition, at the time wasn't even a recession yet) to help get Obama elected.

The liberal media fueled the recession by scaring the general public into believing there already was one. And they blamed it all on Bush. And unfortunately.... The general public is rather ignorant and will believe whatever liberals tell them.

MAKAVELI

The media does more damage than good nowadays. And 90 something percent of it is controlled by liberals. Without them the recession in 2008 would have been much, much less severe. It might not have happened at all. But they were bound and determined to use a severe recession (which, by definition, at the time wasn't even a recession yet) to help get Obama elected.

The liberal media fueled the recession by scaring the general public into believing there already was one. And they blamed it all on Bush. And unfortunately.... The general public is rather ignorant and will believe whatever liberals tell them.
And the tin foil hat award goes to..........

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
And there's plenty of blame for both sides of the liberal and conservative spectrum, and while I'm more liberal in my views I'm not blind to the fact that Obama hasn't lived up to the change he espoused in getting elected, and I respect that I'm also wrong at times and conservatives are right. The media has been equally as complicit in not holding Obama accountable as they were of Bush and Cheney. Maybe it's even more so, it's really hard to tell.

It's really becoming less about that and more about who is paying the enormous salaries of the news agencies. Like Boeing being a sponsor of Meet The Press. How many planes does the average viewer purchase as a result of seeing their name as a sponsor? But, on the other hand, how many views will that same viewer take away that are say, "pro Boeing" or "anti union" without realizing the stories have been groomed to that degree?

Holydriver

My understanding is that another recession is on its way now. Apparently they come and go every several years.

Holydriver

And there's plenty of blame for both sides of the liberal and conservative spectrum, and while I'm more liberal in my views I'm not blind to the fact that Obama hasn't lived up to the change he espoused in getting elected, and I respect that I'm also wrong at times and conservatives are right. The media has been equally as complicit in not holding Obama accountable as they were of Bush and Cheney. Maybe it's even more so, it's really hard to tell.

It's really becoming less about that and more about who is paying the enormous salaries of the news agencies. Like Boeing being a sponsor of Meet The Press. How many planes does the average viewer purchase as a result of seeing their name as a sponsor? But, on the other hand, how many views will that same viewer take away that are say, "pro Boeing" or "anti union" without realizing the stories have been groomed to that degree?
I'd be more concerned with politicians that are bought and ultimately become pro this company or that. That's the bigger issue in my mind. Who bought the politician, not the politicians mouth piece

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I'd be more concerned with politicians that are bought and ultimately become pro this company or that. That's the bigger issue in my mind. Who bought the politician, not the politicians mouth piece

Yes! And if they can be bought by one, they can be bought by another.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I've always been confused about those commercials too. Who the hell are they advertising to? Northrop Grumman and Boeing commercials on Sunday morning broadcast television.... wtf? It's almost like they're advertising to the politicians and lobbyists who watch meet the press.

Overpaid Union Thug

And the tin foil hat award goes to..........

Dislike and make childish accusations all you want. But it doesn't change the FACT that a recession, BY DEFINITION, is two or more consecutive quarters (6 months) of negative GDP and that the liberal media was already calling it a recession to incite panic after barely two months so that they could blame Republicans. Mainly President Bush.

It also won't change the fact that the general public bought it and cut back on consumer spending and thereby created the recession that the liberal media was already claiming to have started. It was a clever move going into an election year.

The only finishing touches needed to win over the fence rider 'independents" and new voters (18 year olds and new U.S. citizens) was for the liberal media and liberal politicians (particularly Obama) to blame Republicans for the recession during every single campaign stop and debate.

And the rest is history. The liberal media created a recession that helped get Obama elected and also helped grow an already bloated federal government.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Dislike and make childish accusations all you want. But it doesn't change the FACT that a recession, BY DEFINITION, is two or more consecutive quarters (6 months) of negative GDP and that the liberal media was already calling it a recession to incite panic after barely two months so that they could blame Republicans. Mainly President Bush.

It also won't change the fact that the general public bought it and cut back on consumer spending and thereby created the recession that the liberal media was already claiming to have started. It was a clever move going into an election year.

The only finishing touches needed to win over the fence rider 'independents" and new voters (18 year olds and new U.S. citizens) was for the liberal media and liberal politicians (particularly Obama) to blame Republicans for the recession during every single campaign stop and debate.

And the rest is history. The liberal media created a recession that helped get Obama elected and also helped grow an already bloated federal government.
The media created the recession to get Obama elected? Dude that's just crazy.

rickyb

at my job i get to listen to corporate news, and its funny how they always talk about presidents "legacies" in glowing terms. obama was useless. bush was even worse.

you will never hear them refer to their local government blowing up other countries as terrorism.

Overpaid Union Thug

The media created the recession to get Obama elected? Dude that's just crazy.
Oh they did. Anyone that ACTUALLY paid attention to the timing of it and ACTUALLY knows what a recession is (by definition) knows it's true. Fact: we were barely two months into negative GDP and the media was already crying....RECESSION!.....RECESSION!.....RECESSION! Then the politicians on the left jumped all over that and damn well used it against all Republican candidates leading up to, and during, the election cycle. It worked like a charm. Anyone that doesn't see that was fooled and are the uninformed voters liberals prey on and should not be permitted to vote in ANY election.

rickyb

Oh they did. Anyone that ACTUALLY paid attention to the timing of it and ACTUALLY knows what a recession is (by definition) knows it's true. Fact: we were barely two months into negative GDP and the media was already crying....RECESSION!.....RECESSION!.....RECESSION! Then the politicians on the left jumped all over that and damn well used it against all Republican candidates leading up to, and during, the election cycle. It worked like a charm. Anyone that doesn't see that was fooled and are the uninformed voters liberals prey on and should not be permitted to vote in ANY election.
the economy was collapsing before bush was out of office and it was beyond their control.

there have been 11 recessions between the great depression to present. just the way the economy works.

Overpaid Union Thug

the economy was collapsing before bush was out of office and it was beyond their control.

there have been 11 recessions between the great depression to present. just the way the economy works.
Consumer spending makes up a huge chunk of our economy. When the media comes out every hour day after day and says we are in a recession, or slipping into one, when the GDP has only stalled for less than two months........that tends to create the very recession they are talking about. People get nervous and spend less. It's not rocket science.

But it wasn't just the media that caused things to get worse. It was also the liberal notion that everyone in America is entitled to a house that they can't afford is what was sending things down hill to begin with. The media just put that final nail in the coffin.

It really is fair to say that liberalism in general is what brought things down so fast.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

This is probably the dumbest thing ever said about the BUSH effect on our economy. Driving the national debt from 4 trillion to 11 trillion dollars in 8 years and having a policy on oil production that only allowed between 150 and 200 rigs to operate, driving oil prices through the roof and launching his HOME OWNERSHIP SOCIETY that created the worst of the worst home loans and a targeted number of homes to be sold to people who shouldnt have otherwise bought one, plus, the giving of $40 thousand tax payer dollars to low income people with crappy jobs for a downpayment led to the total collapse of this country.

Somehow, in your brain, you want to blame this on the media???

You really shouldnt drink the bong water bro.

TOS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Overpaid Union Thug

This is probably the dumbest thing ever said about the BUSH effect on our economy. Driving the national debt from 4 trillion to 1 trillion dollars in 8 years and having a policy on oil production that only allowed between 150 and 200 rigs to operate, driving oil prices through the roof and launching his HOME OWNERSHIP SOCIETY that created the worst of the worst home loans and a targeted number of homes to be sold to people who shouldnt have otherwise bought one, plus, the giving of $40 thousand tax payer dollars to low income people with crappy jobs for a downpayment led to the total collapse of this country.

Somehow, in your brain, you want to blame this on the media???

You really shouldnt drink the bong water bro.

TOS.
Awwww how cute. You tried to blame Bush fire the housing crash. But you tried so hard Slappy.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Awwww how cute. You tried to blame Bush fire the housing crash. But you tried so hard Slappy.

We have already covered this subject ad nauseam.

YOU are the one who doesnt understand what happened, but if you would care to get OWNED again on the subject, why dont you lead the way and tell us YOUR proven opinion on what caused the housing collapse, and please, extend your comments beyond saying "Barney Frank".

Then Ill counter you and embarass you.

TOS.