The news media is bought!

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I've always been confused about those commercials too. Who the hell are they advertising to? Northrop Grumman and Boeing commercials on Sunday morning broadcast television.... wtf? It's almost like they're advertising to the politicians and lobbyists who watch meet the press.

That's right!

The folks in the mainstream media do make a $#!7 ton of money. Bill O'reilly makes over $20M, Dianne Sawyer over $12M, Scott Pelly over $5M, Matt Lauer over $25M. This cash has to come from somewhere, and it's actually great that they have achieved the American dream. But if these salaries dictate what passes for truth, then it's really just another product, and not necessarily accurate. It's not all false either, but it's colored for sure.

If a rock star sings a song and makes this kind of cash, it's accepted that it's a product. If a sports figure does this ditto. The fan frenzy can drive the profits through the roof and that's fine and we all understand this and even applaud it. Movie stars make movies, inventors innovate and maybe cash in, great. But if sculpting and contouring the truth to make more money is your contribution to the world, at least tell us it's that way.

The TV audience is going away faster than our generation is aging. We are spending more time on bc and other worthier pursuits. Like I said, I still watch the news, I just laugh a lot more now. Once you change your perspective, it's fairly humorous.

http://www.mediapost.com/publicatio...-tv-median-ages-soon-be-over-50.html?edition=

Sportello

The news media is bought? That's the silliest thing I've heard in a long time, almost as silly as 'liberal media'.

News Corp, Time Warner and Comcast are liberal? The news media isn't bought, it's owned.

Overpaid Union Thug

We have already covered this subject ad nauseam.

YOU are the one who doesnt understand what happened, but if you would care to get OWNED again on the subject, why dont you lead the way and tell us YOUR proven opinion on what caused the housing collapse, and please, extend your comments beyond saying "Barney Frank".

Then Ill counter you and embarass you.

TOS.
You can't "own" anyone. You aren't informed enough. Clinton was the primary architect of the housing collapse via his push to make homes attainable for people that couldn't afford them. He started that mess.

http://www.businessweek.com/the_thread/hotproperty/archives/2008/02/clintons_drive.html

http://www.realclearmarkets.com/articles/2008/12/dont_blame_bush_for_subprime_m.html

The rest of the blame is on the idiots that took on the ARM loans at a low interest without bothering to investigate what they were signing up for. The banks, many of which were offering the loans due to pressure from the federal government, shouldn't have, or shouldnt have to have, offered those loans to those people.

Add that mess to the panic the liberal media dished out everyday and you've got yourself a nifty little recession that never should have happened. But it's easy to blame Bush instead. I mean he is responsible for each and every problem in this universe.... Including that big nasty dingleberry and your ass.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Oh they did. Anyone that ACTUALLY paid attention to the timing of it and ACTUALLY knows what a recession is (by definition) knows it's true. Fact: we were barely two months into negative GDP and the media was already crying....RECESSION!.....RECESSION!.....RECESSION! Then the politicians on the left jumped all over that and damn well used it against all Republican candidates leading up to, and during, the election cycle. It worked like a charm. Anyone that doesn't see that was fooled and are the uninformed voters liberals prey on and should not be permitted to vote in ANY election.

Too much Rush Limbaugh bro. That is HIS explanation almost word for word.

Give us a break. With oil prices blown up 400% EVERTHING was too expensive to afford. People cut back on spending, because they had a choice to make, 5 bucks a gallon for gas or groceries whose prices continued to rise everyweek because of the HIGH COST to get groceries to stores.

Your lame attempt at blaming the media for a recession is exactly the reason republicans have voters.

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You can't "own" anyone. You aren't informed enough. Clinton was the primary architect of the housing collapse via his push to make homes attainable for people that couldn't afford them. He started that mess.

http://www.businessweek.com/the_thread/hotproperty/archives/2008/02/clintons_drive.html

http://www.realclearmarkets.com/articles/2008/12/dont_blame_bush_for_subprime_m.html

This was your proof?? BAAHAHAHAH... what a people. lets RE EXAMINE the facts ...

Under BUSH... lets view a quick video that explains it a nutshell..

From the WHITE HOUSE under BUSH.

http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/news/releases/2004/09/20040902-5.html

http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/news/releases/2004/08/20040809-9.html

http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/news/releases/2002/06/20020617-2.html

http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/infocus/achievement/chap7.html

http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/news/releases/2004/10/20041002-7.html

How about the largest social welfare program in home buying in history???

http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/news/releases/2003/12/20031216-9.html

You can link any newspaper article you want with the personal opinion of some conservative right wing diversion away from the truth, but you cant escape the BUSH WHITE HOUSE that I quoted DIRECTLY.

TOS.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
He's gone full tin-foil.

Never go full tin-foil.

These midwest people believe everything they hear and fact check nothing. Every "Suggestion" equals the truth in their minds. I linked all the white house memos detailing the home ownership society under bush along with his INSISTANCE that over 5.2 million homes be sold in 10 years and most of those to minority home buyers.

The white house memos spell out how "BARRIERS" to home ownership would be changed so low income buyers could afford a home. These "BARRIERS" included proof of income, Good Credit, an actual job, and proper debt to income ratios.

BUSH bragged about the number of homes sold in "HIS" bubble and then it fell apart in summer 2005 when the first interest only loans started to hit. These loans began to collapse as fast as they were written AFTER 2001.

Numbnuts blames Clinton, but none of the homes sold during clintons term were involved in the housing collapse unless they were remortgaged and equity lines taken out on those homes.

As BUSH clearly spells out, new loans for minority and low income families was rising at a pace unseen before and he said "I want to BUILD on that growth"...

That begs the question...

HOW DID THAT WORK OUT FOR AMERICA?

TOS.

rickyb

Consumer spending makes up a huge chunk of our economy. When the media comes out every hour day after day and says we are in a recession, or slipping into one, when the GDP has only stalled for less than two months........that tends to create the very recession they are talking about. People get nervous and spend less. It's not rocket science.

But it wasn't just the media that caused things to get worse. It was also the liberal notion that everyone in America is entitled to a house that they can't afford is what was sending things down hill to begin with. The media just put that final nail in the coffin.

It really is fair to say that liberalism in general is what brought things down so fast.

no you deregulated wall street and thats ultimately brought things down. bill clinton did that!

also capital moves around the globe more, and you are in a bubble economy. so the first bubble was the tech bubble, and the second was a housing bubble, and now we have a stock market bubble and probably another debt bubble as well.

and doesnt the media always speculate on recessions and the economy? i dont know why you would blame it on them in this case, if its what they do all the time. i guess you say something enough times and eventually it becomes true.

Overpaid Union Thug

This was your proof?? BAAHAHAHAH... what a people. lets RE EXAMINE the facts ...

Under BUSH... lets view a quick video that explains it a nutshell..

From the WHITE HOUSE under BUSH.

http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/news/releases/2004/09/20040902-5.html

http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/news/releases/2004/08/20040809-9.html

http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/news/releases/2002/06/20020617-2.html

http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/infocus/achievement/chap7.html

http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/news/releases/2004/10/20041002-7.html

How about the largest social welfare program in home buying in history???

http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/news/releases/2003/12/20031216-9.html

You can link any newspaper article you want with the personal opinion of some conservative right wing diversion away from the truth, but you cant escape the BUSH WHITE HOUSE that I quoted DIRECTLY.

TOS.
You are leaving a few very important points out. Your narrative depends on those points being ignored. The biggest and most important of those points are that Bush wanted more people to be able to purchase a home without too many regulatory barriers and without discrimination. Most reasonable people agree with that.
But no where in your links does he state that he wanted to force banks to issue mortgages to people that were either incapable of keeping up with the payments as is or would likely later default on their loans should THEY knowingly or unknowingly sign up for an adjustable rate mortgage. To believe so is just asinine and would indicate another mental handicap in addition to the one called liberalism.

And you also conveniently left out the fact that he (and his staff) repeatedly warned Congress of the consequences of them not pushing for GSE reform. In fact.... liberals in Congress fought him at every turn on that issue. But again.....including that important point would bring your narrative down in flames.

It is 100% crystal clear that Bush wanted more people to own a home but only if they could afford it. If you'd only ACTUALLY read the content in your own links you could have easily ascertained the truth for yourself instead of making a fool of yourself. But the ladder has become a habit for you so..... I'll leave it at that.
He's gone full tin-foil.

Never go full tin-foil.

That makes absolutely no sense at all. A tin foil hat would indicate that I was pushing a conspiracy theory or some paranoia. At no point in my statements have I pushed either. I simply laid out the facts that show the timing of the media's apparent overzealous desire to call a less than a two month period of negative gross domestic product a recession when, in fact, by definition it was not. And pointed out the fact that by them continuing to do so they helped produce the very Recession they were claiming to have already started.

And he is what is considered a 'responsible gun owner'.

Yikes.

I am a very responsible gun owner. I am more responsible than any of you bat crap crazy gun grabbing liberals could ever dream of being.

Last edited:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You are leaving a few very important points out. Your narrative depends on those points being ignored. The biggest and most important of those points are that Bush wanted more people to be able to purchase a home without too many regulatory barriers and without discrimination. Most reasonable people agree with that.
But no where in your links does he state that he wanted to force banks to issue mortgages to people that were either incapable of keeping up with the payments as is or would likely later default on their loans should THEY knowingly or unknowingly sign up for an adjustable rate mortgage. To believe so is just asinine and would indicate another mental handicap in addition to the one called liberalism.

And you also conveniently left out the fact that he (and his staff) repeatedly warned Congress of the consequences of them not pushing for GSE reform. In fact.... liberals in Congress fought him at every turn on that issue. But again.....including that important point would bring your narrative down in flames.

It is 100% crystal clear that Bush wanted more people to own a home but only if they could afford it. If you'd only ACTUALLY read the content in your own links you could have easily ascertained the truth for yourself instead of making a fool of yourself. But the ladder has become a habit for you so..... I'll leave it at that.

That makes absolutely no sense at all. A tin foil hat would indicate that I was pushing a conspiracy theory or some paranoia. At no point in my statements have I pushed either. I simply laid out the facts that show the timing of the media's apparent overzealous desire to call a less than a two month period of negative gross domestic product a recession when, in fact, by definition it was not. And pointed out the fact that by them continuing to do so they helped produce the very Recession they were claiming to have already started.

I am a very responsible gun owner. I am more responsible than any of you bat crap crazy gun grabbing liberals could ever dream of being.

Your position is laughable at best.

You have no idea what you are talking about other than to try and make an excuse for what happened to cause the housing bubble. IN the video, you hear BUSH clearly state that he asked fannie mae and freddie mac set aside billions of dollars to COVER the projected 5.5 million new homes to be sold to low income minority buyers and those funds ended up being a shortfall in the tens of billions of dollars leaving the government to BAIL THEM OUT.

He instructed in clear language, the banks and mortgage writers to create "NEW INSTRUMENTS" for home loans.

Its unfortunate that you dont understand washington speak, but BUSH's Home Ownership Society directly caused the housing bubble to grow and then to blow up in his face.

Eliminating the need for proof of income, good credit or even a ligitimate job was a recipe for disaster and it proved to be such. New loans, like the ARMS, Interest only and equity line loans were ticking time bombs that are still blowing up even today.

Your desperation to point to someone else other than the BUSH administration is evident from your extreme right wing thinking. Its better to believe that BUSH had nothing to do with anything that caused this country to dive into the biggest recession since the great depression than to accept that your political party and its policies destroyed a nation.

Those white house memos from the BUSH administration TELL YOU in clear language everything you need to know about the housing bubble and the cause, you just have to accept it.

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Additionally,

BUSH's own idea of giving 40,000 dollars in tax payer money to low income people for downpayments on homes they couldnt afford was the biggest joke of his administration. Most of those homes ended up in foreclosure.

Those numbers are in the tens of thousands.

How do you feel that YOUR tax dollars went to people to buy homes they couldnt afford? Yet you think you believe you belong to a political party that doesnt believe in handouts.

TOS.

Overpaid Union Thug

You have no idea what you are talking about other than to try and make an excuse for what happened to cause the housing bubble. IN the video, you hear BUSH clearly state that he asked fannie mae and freddie mac set aside billions of dollars to COVER the projected 5.5 million new homes to be sold to low income minority buyers and those funds ended up being a shortfall in the tens of billions of dollars leaving the government to BAIL THEM OUT.

He instructed in clear language, the banks and mortgage writers to create "NEW INSTRUMENTS" for home loans.

Its unfortunate that you dont understand washington speak, but BUSH's Home Ownership Society directly caused the housing bubble to grow and then to blow up in his face.

Eliminating the need for proof of income, good credit or even a ligitimate job was a recipe for disaster and it proved to be such. New loans, like the ARMS, Interest only and equity line loans were ticking time bombs that are still blowing up even today.

Your desperation to point to someone else other than the BUSH administration is evident from your extreme right wing thinking. Its better to believe that BUSH had nothing to do with anything that caused this country to dive into the biggest recession since the great depression than to accept that your political party and its policies destroyed a nation.

Those white house memos from the BUSH administration TELL YOU in clear language everything you need to know about the housing bubble and the cause, you just have to accept it.

TOS.

TOS.
You clearly suffer from (in addition to liberalism) a touch of confirmatory bias and a huge case of denialism. No matter how you spin it none of Bush's policies, writings, or opinions, advocated giving mortgages to people that couldn't afford to keep up with the payments. At worst more people were able to get a mortgage with little or no down payment. I was one of them. So i can speak from personal experience and tell ya that little or no down payment has very little to no bearing on the ability AND the responsibility to keep up with payments.

Whether or not the banks were "forced" to give out those loans is debatable (they were at least pressured to) but what is not is the fact that the people that signed up for them are 100% responsible for their own actions. But...... in typical liberal fashion people like you blame OTHERS instead of the ACTUAL people that signed the dotted lines.

Bush isn't responsible for the irresponsibility of those that signed up for mortgages that they couldn't afford. They are. Those that could afford them and were responsible had no trouble. He also didn't pressure the banks to offer them to unqualified borrowers. The Clinton adminstration did. You just refuse to accept it because it doesn't fit your narrative of hating the right. Particularly white gun owners. Stop foaming at the mouth out of jealousy towards others and live your life right.

Last edited:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You clearly suffer from (in addition to liberalism) a touch of confirmatory bias and a huge case of denialism. No matter how you spin it none of Bush's policies, writings, or opinions, advocated giving mortgages to people that couldn't afford to keep up with the payments. At worst more people were able to get a mortgage with little or no down payment. I was one of them. So i can speak from personal experience and tell ya that little or no down payment has very little to no bearing on the ability AND the responsibility to keep up with payments.

Whether or not the banks were "forced" to give out those loans is debatable (they were at least pressured to) but what is not is the fact that the people that signed up for them are 100% responsible for their own actions. But...... in typical liberal fashion people like you blame OTHERS instead of the ACTUAL people that signed the dotted lines.

Bush isn't responsible for the irresponsibility of those that signed up for mortgages that they couldn't afford. They are. Those that could afford them and were responsible had no trouble. He also didn't pressure the banks to offer them to unqualified borrowers. The Clinton adminstration did. You just refuse to accept it because it doesn't fit your narrative of hating the right. Particularly white gun owners. Stop foaming at the mouth out of jealousy towards others and live your life right.

Again, you missed the key to this whole argument..

In the video near the end, BUSH in his own words says (when talking about people with bad credit being able to buy homes UNDER HIS PROGRAMS) "a first time home buyer can have just as good as home as everyone else"

Buyers during the BUSH administration bought homes on skeptical buying, the bubble had been created, the values were rising fast, and getting into interest only loans for short periods was the creation of the administration for flipping homes. Some people benefitted and most got wiped out in the scam.

No money down, 80/20 interest only loans were the majority of loans written under the bush administration ( not clintons) these speculative loans were doing wel until 2005 when the first 3 year interest only loans became due. When the payments readjusted, home owners could not afford them and the values of the homes stalled because the economy was taking a dump.

This started the decline of the housing industry. Then, the 5 year, 7 year and 10 year loans were coming due. MILLIONS OF HOMES collapsed and went into foreclosure as the housing market declined in a full collapse.

BUSH's idea of stimulating the economy with new home building and fast turn arounds for people who couldnt afford them was put in place to help the nation recover after 9/11.

In the short run, many people were employed, many businesses on the perifery benefitted from the expansion, but at some point, it was all going to blow up and it did.

This had nothing to do with BILL CLINTON.

More homes were built than could be sold at the end of the day. Low income buyers who BUSH targeted, were the first to go belly up, and those homes were in the MILLIONS.

Fannie mae and Freddie mac could not and did not have the resources to back all those loans, but what made it worse, was the types of homes that were being built and sold and then mortgaged was way OVER what was set aside by both entities.

BUSH called for new single family homes to be built ranging from 80K to 150K, but both the builders and mortgage writers wanted more money from the EASE of getting loans from the banks who were also in the deal to write as many mortgages as possible then reselling them for a profit.

This entire Home Ownership society program was a scam from the start.

EVERYBODY was involved, from realtors selling homes to buyers who couldnt afford them, by convincing them to buy 80/20 interest only loans with hopes of flipping them in less than 5 years, to appraisers who kept raising the value of homes without justification.

Here in california, builders were building 4 and 5 thousand square foot homes in communities like mine and selling them for 999,999 interest only and people were stupid enough to buy them. You could get one of these monsters for about 3600.00 a month interest only, but when the loan came due, the payment would shoot to over $8000.00 a month. That would be okay if the property value exceeded 1 million, but when the market collapsed those same homes were only worth 500K.

These home owners then have NO OPTIONS but to foreclose.

Now multiply that by tens of millions of homes. San Diego california has the highest rate of foreclosures and not because they are poor, but because they all bought into new communities that built ginormous homes for outrageous money and now none of them can afford them. But better yet, Neither fannie mae nor freddie mac had the cash to back these loans.

This was the flaw in BUSH's home ownershp society. He placed NO CONTROLS on anybody in the housing market and they exploited it until the created bubble burst.

All the homes bush asked to be built were built, all the homes he wanted sold were sold, all the low income to no income buyers were able to get homes and thousands got them after a taxpayer supplied downpayment, but at the end of the day, tens of millions of these homes sold under the BUSH Home Ownership Society FAILED and were foreclosed upon, leaving Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac holding the bag.

Look at all the mortgage companies that had to be investigated and prosecuted. Countrywide mortgage for example.

Yes, the people that bought these BUSH homes should have used better judgement, but the process was so easy and NOBODY in the housing industry was giving proper advice it made it all that much easier to make a mistake and buy something they would have never considered before BUSH made it possible.

Bill Clinton had nothing to do with the BUSH bubble and all the blame you assign to him is foolish at best given the facts of Bush Home Ownership Society.

TOS.

Overpaid Union Thug

Again, you missed the key to this whole argument..

In the video near the end, BUSH in his own words says (when talking about people with bad credit being able to buy homes UNDER HIS PROGRAMS) "a first time home buyer can have just as good as home as everyone else"

Buyers during the BUSH administration bought homes on skeptical buying, the bubble had been created, the values were rising fast, and getting into interest only loans for short periods was the creation of the administration for flipping homes. Some people benefitted and most got wiped out in the scam.

No money down, 80/20 interest only loans were the majority of loans written under the bush administration ( not clintons) these speculative loans were doing wel until 2005 when the first 3 year interest only loans became due. When the payments readjusted, home owners could not afford them and the values of the homes stalled because the economy was taking a dump.

This started the decline of the housing industry. Then, the 5 year, 7 year and 10 year loans were coming due. MILLIONS OF HOMES collapsed and went into foreclosure as the housing market declined in a full collapse.

BUSH's idea of stimulating the economy with new home building and fast turn arounds for people who couldnt afford them was put in place to help the nation recover after 9/11.

In the short run, many people were employed, many businesses on the perifery benefitted from the expansion, but at some point, it was all going to blow up and it did.

This had nothing to do with BILL CLINTON.

More homes were built than could be sold at the end of the day. Low income buyers who BUSH targeted, were the first to go belly up, and those homes were in the MILLIONS.

Fannie mae and Freddie mac could not and did not have the resources to back all those loans, but what made it worse, was the types of homes that were being built and sold and then mortgaged was way OVER what was set aside by both entities.

BUSH called for new single family homes to be built ranging from 80K to 150K, but both the builders and mortgage writers wanted more money from the EASE of getting loans from the banks who were also in the deal to write as many mortgages as possible then reselling them for a profit.

This entire Home Ownership society program was a scam from the start.

EVERYBODY was involved, from realtors selling homes to buyers who couldnt afford them, by convincing them to buy 80/20 interest only loans with hopes of flipping them in less than 5 years, to appraisers who kept raising the value of homes without justification.

Here in california, builders were building 4 and 5 thousand square foot homes in communities like mine and selling them for 999,999 interest only and people were stupid enough to buy them. You could get one of these monsters for about 3600.00 a month interest only, but when the loan came due, the payment would shoot to over $8000.00 a month. That would be okay if the property value exceeded 1 million, but when the market collapsed those same homes were only worth 500K.

These home owners then have NO OPTIONS but to foreclose.

Now multiply that by tens of millions of homes. San Diego california has the highest rate of foreclosures and not because they are poor, but because they all bought into new communities that built ginormous homes for outrageous money and now none of them can afford them. But better yet, Neither fannie mae nor freddie mac had the cash to back these loans.

This was the flaw in BUSH's home ownershp society. He placed NO CONTROLS on anybody in the housing market and they exploited it until the created bubble burst.

All the homes bush asked to be built were built, all the homes he wanted sold were sold, all the low income to no income buyers were able to get homes and thousands got them after a taxpayer supplied downpayment, but at the end of the day, tens of millions of these homes sold under the BUSH Home Ownership Society FAILED and were foreclosed upon, leaving Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac holding the bag.

Look at all the mortgage companies that had to be investigated and prosecuted. Countrywide mortgage for example.

Yes, the people that bought these BUSH homes should have used better judgement, but the process was so easy and NOBODY in the housing industry was giving proper advice it made it all that much easier to make a mistake and buy something they would have never considered before BUSH made it possible.

Bill Clinton had nothing to do with the BUSH bubble and all the blame you assign to him is foolish at best given the facts of Bush Home Ownership Society.

TOS.
You missed the point. Not me. Only an imbecile would think that people taking on bad loans can be blamed on anyone other than the borrowers themselves. But that's the typical liberal tactic. Much like a child.

And only an imbecille would think that the comments you (end of video) mentioned applied to every single house in every single price range. That is beyond retarded.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You missed the point. Not me. Only an imbecile would think that people taking on bad loans can be blamed on anyone other than the borrowers themselves. But that's the typical liberal tactic. Much like a child.

And only an imbecille would think that the comments you (end of video) mentioned applied to every single house in every single price range. That is beyond retarded.

No, you dont get it no matter what is placed in front of you.

YES, people are responsible for their own decisions, this is true, however, in the system created in the BUSH home ownership society, homes were being sold with big promises and flat out lies.

If that wasnt true, there wouldnt be PREDATORY LOAN LAWYERS making a killing right now in this country. 1 in 3 loans initiated during the BUSH administration fall under the predatory loan provisions and those homes are either in litigation or negotiations.

These types of loans are in the tens of thousands and affect all kinds of americans across this country.

Let me ask you this, IF THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG with the BUSH home ownership concept and ALL the provisions set forth after it was introduced, WHY were so many mortgage companies indicted, sued or gone out of business after filing for bankruptcy?

Prior to the home ownership society, NONE of this was happening.

People will only do what they are ADVISED to do, and home buying was made TOO EASY under BUSH, just to hit some ridiculous number BUSH established in 2002.

Asking for 7 million new homes to be built and sold required a complete watering down of the home buying process, and for that, Americans paid a huge price.

YES, they should have read and understood the mortgages they signed, but the hype was about growth and rising home values at the time the loans were written. Its easy to see how a person could enter a home loan that they couldnt afford simply speculating on flipping the home for a higher price and cashing out in less than 5 years.

For some, that worked out well, for others, they got creamed and lost the home.

Now multiply that scenario times 6 million homes and then ask yourself if the home ownership society was a project that should have been initiated.

TOS.

Overpaid Union Thug

No, you dont get it no matter what is placed in front of you.

YES, people are responsible for their own decisions, this is true, however, in the system created in the BUSH home ownership society, homes were being sold with big promises and flat out lies.

If that wasnt true, there wouldnt be PREDATORY LOAN LAWYERS making a killing right now in this country. 1 in 3 loans initiated during the BUSH administration fall under the predatory loan provisions and those homes are either in litigation or negotiations.

These types of loans are in the tens of thousands and affect all kinds of americans across this country.

Let me ask you this, IF THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG with the BUSH home ownership concept and ALL the provisions set forth after it was introduced, WHY were so many mortgage companies indicted, sued or gone out of business after filing for bankruptcy?

Prior to the home ownership society, NONE of this was happening.

People will only do what they are ADVISED to do, and home buying was made TOO EASY under BUSH, just to hit some ridiculous number BUSH established in 2002.

Asking for 7 million new homes to be built and sold required a complete watering down of the home buying process, and for that, Americans paid a huge price.

YES, they should have read and understood the mortgages they signed, but the hype was about growth and rising home values at the time the loans were written. Its easy to see how a person could enter a home loan that they couldnt afford simply speculating on flipping the home for a higher price and cashing out in less than 5 years.

For some, that worked out well, for others, they got creamed and lost the home.

Now multiply that scenario times 6 million homes and then ask yourself if the home ownership society was a project that should have been initiated.

TOS.
Your post contains more proof that you are wrong. Just like the one with all of the links. LOL. You are truly mentally handicapped. Liberalism is a severe mental disorder.

But keep blaming someone else for the mistakes of others like a child. Eventually you'll growp up and see how silly it is.

newfie

TOS.
I realize we should expect these fairy tales from you but your efforts to rewrite history are ridiculous. you really should educate yourself before you embarrass yourself like this.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2015/02/02/what_caused_the_housing_bubble_125463.html

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Your post contains more proof that you are wrong. Just like the one with all of the links. LOL. You are truly mentally handicapped. Liberalism is a severe mental disorder.

But keep blaming someone else for the mistakes of others like a child. Eventually you'll growp up and see how silly it is.

Thats the best you got?

TOS.