The next debacle: Central Dispatch

quad decade guy

You’re not understanding. I don’t bitch every single time I post. You do. Therefore, you’re annoying as hell.
Cool...

So?

Say, save yourself some frustration....skip right over my posts....see?

Then stare in the mirror and tell yourself how witty, funny and just down right hip you really are....

You could always just post something belittling about me....or bullying.....or how awful I am....just out of spite if you have to....without even responding(reading) my posts...

quad decade guy

You’re not understanding. I don’t bitch every single time I post. You do. Therefore, you’re annoying as hell.
Oh I understand...
Cool...

So?

Then stare in the mirror and tell yourself how witty, funny and just down right hip you really are....

You could always just post something belittling about me....or bullying.....or how awful I am....just out of spite if you have to....without even responding(reading) my posts...
Also add all the ….. and ….. make reading his posts……annoying…..
You too......
Sounds like the chosen group
They are the hateful 6.....lolololol.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
2DE47DD3-6514-4CC9-B15D-EC6C55AB3B34.gif

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Cool...

So?

What’s it like to have zero self awareness?

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Cool...

So?

Easy now that’s my job

RMR46

Central Dispatch coming soon. Had a conversation with a dispatch manager.......there are plans to ELIMINATE dispatch as we know it.

To create a central dispatch like CMG in sleepers. One location for multiple buildings. We have huge hubs with literally hundreds of drivers.

My particular run has to be "fixed" by dispatch in some way at least 50% of the week....2-3 days of 5. Mine rarely matches.

Now in sleepers, you are given an LMA(schedule for the week). But this schedule is and can be altered by any local dispatch. Some LMA's can be quite fluid.

Some disturbing trends have emerged through the "Smarter Not Bigger" leadership. Along with load retainers, paperwork has become hit or miss. This requires a visit to dispatch. The hub refuses to address some other persons work(shift)...."nope, not my trailer..."

How about trailers not where they are supposed to be?.....this can eventually find you in dispatch. Mechanical issues.....how about connectivity issues....we don't have phones anymore. Delays. Hub delays....uncooperative pt supes. Even less interested ft supes/mgrs...

I will say, our dispatch folks for the most part are good at what they do. The obtuse live there too.....

So, how is this going to work? Sure, you can be dispatched.....and in a perfect....as in everything is where it is supposed to be, in perfect condition, on time on and on and on.....it "should" work.

As I see it, there will have to still be a place(with people) on property to resolve issues. Who will do this? Will we(drivers) be authorized to resolve/negotiate with the hub? Fill out paperwork etc? Make demands of hub supes? Hold them to departures etc? See? They don't listen to on property dispatch as it is....will ORS's be clerks too?

Speaking of IVIS.....we still don't have 2-way communication. Cell function has been disabled and not authorized. Our dispatch does not read return text responses....they claim it's just too hard. So, in practice with our inbound/outbound phones burned out shells like rows of payphones at a movie theatre....add in Covid germaphobe stuff......they are eliminating any tangible way to communicate.....unless you use your own cell phone.....oops....

Example: PT supervisor won't release my trailer....there aren't hub phones anymore on every wall or post....I refuse to use my personal phone.....hub FT won't help.....

Huge changes in comm. will have to be implemented. And we will still have to have local dispatch.
I cannot wait till they do that Central dispatch I hope they walk our dispatcher right out the front gate