THE official “What can management screw up today?” Thread

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Brown Biscuit, Oct 30, 2019.

1. BadIdeaGuy

BadIdeaGuy Don't discriminate against blind preloaders

You're no union brother of mine. I hope they fire you quickly.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  2. PTPeanuts

PTPeanuts Member

Give me a break with the union fake brotherhood crap. Look at your own signature.
    My only regret will be wishing that it was your truck that I loaded.

3. BadIdeaGuy

BadIdeaGuy Don't discriminate against blind preloaders

It's satire.
    I AM a preloader. Self deprecating humor.

4. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Looks like your sup showed you what's up!
    *dabs on your 5 days off*

Lol

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  5. UnconTROLLed

UnconTROLLed perfection

I thought the union is supposed to handle discipline and the terms of. Walk in and suspended? Weak local

6. 542thruNthru

I'm sure they do. He probably didn't talk to his Steward or BA about it and management took advantage of him.

Here your suspension starts 10 days after the date disciplined.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. UnconTROLLed

UnconTROLLed perfection

Peanuts said two weeks so that would make sense.

8. 542thruNthru

The problem is he relied on the people that wanted to punish him to do him a favor and inform him. He should have talked to his rep and he'd have known from the beginning.

Rookie mistake honestly.

9. PeakMode

PeakMode Arrive Peak Leave

I wish I could say that I dont understand but I do. Hang in there

10. JustDeliverIt

JustDeliverIt Active Member

Here's the thing, misloads really screw over no one but the drivers. You want to "mess" with your supervisor, just work the preload the way you should.
    -Write the pal location on every package as you load it.
    -Scan every package, no exceptions.
    -Anything needs tape, send it to rewrap/damages. I'm sure you don't have a tapegun since they never seem to be around.
    -If you load from cages, make sure you have a hook/pull stick. Don't dive into them to get what's in back.
    -Don't stack/pull down the cages early in your shift. Work to the best of your ability to load what you can but make sure it all goes in.

If you do the job the way they want you to, not skipping any steps, it is nearly impossible to keep up the pace they want and will therefor cause your supervisor a lot more headaches than one bad day of misloads. And your drivers would rather leave 15 minutes late then meet for misloads all day. Especially if you hand them a perfectly loaded truck.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. rod

rod retired and happy

Yes - but this jackwad hates drivers. It sounds like he hates everyone.

12. UnconTROLLed

UnconTROLLed perfection

giphy (3).gif

13. derrick

derrick Member

they refused to change the pick up time or tell a shipper to arrange a pickup and they dropped it all in the drop box making me late for a medical pick up. then tried to write me up on it after I been telling them for 3 weeks to change it. I told them suck it and i want a steward.

14. Dr.Brownz

Dr.Brownz Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried to get more than 4 hours of penalty pay in a month yet? It's in the new contract. I printed off that new language and highlighted it for management. Haven't been violated on an 8 hour this year.

15. Dr.Brownz

Dr.Brownz Well-Known Member

Have you successfully gotten more than 2 penalty payouts in a month? They are afraid of me filing 2+ 8 hours requests per month so I get a 5 hour dispatch on those days.