The package was left in a UPS facility. / Delivery rescheduled.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
The general public is completely clueless when it come to understanding what peak truly is to the average ups employee. Our typical day includes way too much work in a finite amount of time. We are governed by DOT so we can only average 12 hours a day. Most drivers are leaving the building with 3 times their normal stop counts. Since even helper teams cannot get all that volume off the truck(and most are very efficient) then they have to roll them to the next day. Eventually the routes will get caught up as the incoming volume decreases.

upschuck

While I agree with the general public has no idea as to what happens inside the UPS operation, this was not a ground package, it was a Saver, guaranteed to be delivered by a certain date. I would be upset as well. Grounds are not guaranteed anymore, but 1da, 2da, 3d are.

pattuspl

hey guys I am not a girl hehe :P I wonder where that came from.

My package is once again out for delivery so hopefully it gets here today..

and as some others said yes I do not have idea how things work at UPS but seeing how many people are mad [ex: facebook ups page]
anyways I mean I could wait but they change tracking to Out For Delivery and then it's not there that is what I dont like and also since its Next Day Air I would have never think I would have to wait so long.

Will keep you guys updated. Thanks!

gingerkat

As a customer I totally get your frustration. It sucks when you absolutely need something and you've paid a lot for it and it's a no show. Before working at UPS I would have thought it was a smooth running machine.

I think that many UPSers forget that there is no way a "regular Joe" would know what a driver/employee really goes through on an average day, much less peak. I personally saw no blame or aggression being put out there by the OP. With that being said, these guys are really tired and overworked right now, so maybe you will let it roll as most mean no harm.

I hope you get your stuff today.

pattuspl

As a customer I totally get your frustration. It sucks when you absolutely need something and you've paid a lot for it and it's a no show. Before working at UPS I would have thought it was a smooth running machine.

I think that many UPSers forget that there is no way a "regular Joe" would know what a driver/employee really goes through on an average day, much less peak. I personally saw no blame or aggression being put out there by the OP. With that being said, these guys are really tired and overworked right now, so maybe you will let it roll as most mean no harm.

I hope you get your stuff today.

The problem is I am leaving to Europe soon and that package is a must :)
otherwise I have to call again asurion and have them send another package hopefully they just deliver it today so that I have less work to do.

And I am not aggressive by the way just looking for help :)

if anyone is wondering that is how it looks right now:

LocationDateLocal TimeActivity
Maspeth, NY, United States12/12/20135:27 A.M.Out For Delivery
Maspeth, NY, United States12/11/20135:49 A.M.Out For Delivery
Maspeth, NY, United States12/10/201310:00 P.M.The package was left in a UPS facility. / Delivery rescheduled.
12/10/20139:20 A.M.Out For Delivery
12/10/20136:30 A.M.Arrival Scan
Jamaica, NY, United States12/10/20135:44 A.M.Departure Scan
12/10/20135:06 A.M.Arrival Scan
Louisville, KY, United States12/10/20133:33 A.M.Departure Scan
12/10/201312:33 A.M.Origin Scan
United States12/09/20131:02 P.M.Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Put some browns on and come out and be my helper today.
20 below windchill.
Snow packed and icy roads and driveways.

When we punch out at 10pm with about 30 stops rolled over for Friday, he can explain to my management team what the problem was.
Our labor manager is out running routes. I'm impressed. Then again he was one of the better center managers I have had.

pattuspl

Guys what time do usually UPS centers allow pick ups? since the item has not been on a UPS truck it's in their center.
Since it's there do I actually need to call in order to pick it up? I guess I'll wait til 7 PM and then I think I will have a hard time trying to pick it up.

Also will try to call the number brown gave me.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Have the shipper issue a fedex call tag to the ups building so we can pick it up and get it to you
Yeah maybe they could deliver my Priority Overnight envelope that hasn't been attempted two days in a row as well!

Since it's there do I actually need to call in order to pick it up? I guess I'll wait til 7 PM and then I think I will have a hard time trying to pick it up.
As someone who does will calls your best bet is to go on to the ups website and set up a my choice account. For one it's great because it alerts you when packages are on their way, but it also allows you to Will Call your packages right on your computer or phone. When it has been processed it will say something along the lines of "Package Being Held For Will Call" and you will know when it is ready to be picked up. You can call and Same Day Will Call it but it can get kind of crazy at night, especially at peak.

pattuspl

Yeah maybe they could deliver my Priority Overnight envelope that hasn't been attempted two days in a row as well!

As someone who does will calls your best bet is to go on to the ups website and set up a my choice account. For one it's great because it alerts you when packages are on their way, but it also allows you to Will Call your packages right on your computer or phone. When it has been processed it will say something along the lines of "Package Being Held For Will Call" and you will know when it is ready to be picked up. You can call and Same Day Will Call it but it can get kind of crazy at night, especially at peak.

For this package ups my choice is not an option as it waas shipped not to my home address but work.
I started to enjoy my choice for my own home packages it is very nice.

I will be trying to call UPS now and ask them for pick up today.

pattuspl

Maspeth, NY, United States12/12/20135:20 P.M.A Delivery Change Request for this package will be processed. / Same day will call.

The problem is I am leaving to Europe soon and that package is a must :)
otherwise I have to call again asurion and have them send another package hopefully they just deliver it today so that I have less work to do.

And I am not aggressive by the way just looking for help :)

if anyone is wondering that is how it looks right now:

LocationDateLocal TimeActivity
Maspeth, NY, United States12/12/20135:27 A.M.Out For Delivery
Maspeth, NY, United States12/11/20135:49 A.M.Out For Delivery
Maspeth, NY, United States12/10/201310:00 P.M.The package was left in a UPS facility. / Delivery rescheduled.
12/10/20139:20 A.M.Out For Delivery
12/10/20136:30 A.M.Arrival Scan
Jamaica, NY, United States12/10/20135:44 A.M.Departure Scan
12/10/20135:06 A.M.Arrival Scan
Louisville, KY, United States12/10/20133:33 A.M.Departure Scan
12/10/201312:33 A.M.Origin Scan
United States12/09/20131:02 P.M.Order Processed: Ready for UPS
Did you call Jenny??

gingerkat

OP,
I know you're really bummed out about the current situation, as I would be. With that being said, I think everyone has helped as best as they could. At this point everyone's hands are tied, and picking it up is the best option. Good luck and enjoy your time out of the country. Be safe!

Now please join in the festivities here on BC, and maybe post a cat pic somewhere...

oldngray

nowhere special
OP,
I know you're really bummed out about the current situation, as I would be. With that being said, I think everyone has helped as best as they could. At this point everyone's hands are tied, and picking it up is the best option. Good luck and enjoy your time out of the country. Be safe!

Now please join in the festivities here on BC, and maybe post a cat pic somewhere...
Christmas cat.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

While I agree with the general public has no idea as to what happens inside the UPS operation, this was not a ground package, it was a Saver, guaranteed to be delivered by a certain date. I would be upset as well. Grounds are not guaranteed anymore, but 1da, 2da, 3d are.

The Ground guarantee should still be in effect until the 16th.