The partners have left the room

Maybe if they let the monkeys do the job instead of trying to control everything from the top down.
i'm all for decentralization, but you can't do it with the crop of management we have right now, or without a strong middle-management to support it

gutting management functions, narrowing the talent pool, lowering salary, then expecting diamonds and unicorns from it is INSANE

you can have a small tight efficient management chain, but not at the :censored2:ing poverty wages Carol Buchenroth wants to pay; if you want high-autonomy talent, you need to pay high-autonomy salary

by the way, if you want to talk about high-autonomy talent, there is basically ZERO of that in the ops

Thebrownblob

i'm all for decentralization, but you can't do it with the crop of management we have right now, or without a strong middle-management to support it

gutting management functions, narrowing the talent pool, lowering salary, then expecting diamonds and unicorns from it is INSANE

you can have a small tight efficient management chain, but not at the :censored2:ing poverty wages Carol Buchenroth wants to pay; if you want high-autonomy talent, you need to pay high-autonomy salary

by the way, if you want to talk about high-autonomy talent, there is basically ZERO of that in the ops
You could get rid of 90% of middle management and the company would run just the same.

Thebrownblob

PT sups do most of the management work anyway. FT sups are just the carrot to keep the PT around.
You could have one full-timer in a center, and a couple of part-timers to do rides when necessary. There’s a lot more cuts coming…… if you’re not meat in the seat or touch a package, your job is expendable.

anonymous23456

You could have one full-timer in a center, and a couple of part-timers to do rides when necessary. There’s a lot more cuts coming…… if you’re not meat in the seat or touch a package, your job is expendable.
When UPS does not have money to pay people to clean the toilets and ask RPCD to do that job, it is time to turn out the light. There is a difference between making extra billions vs losing billions.

Right now, we are all in extreme greed mode.

Thebrownblob

When UPS does not have money to pay people to clean the toilets and ask RPCD to do that job, it is time to turn out the light. There is a difference between making extra billions vs losing billions.

Right now, we are all in extreme greed mode.
Unfortunately, you could see this model coming a very long time ago. Center managers actually ran their Center. Their decisions reflected in their pay. a Center Manager is no longer able to make any decisions unless they’re told to. They are no longer necessary except for those above him to beat him up when something doesn’t go right. Extended areas you often have one center manager for numerous centers, that will be standard moving forward shortly I believe..

anonymous23456

Unfortunately, you could see this model coming a very long time ago. Center managers actually ran their Center. Their decisions reflected in their pay. a Center Manager is no longer able to make any decisions unless they’re told to. They are no longer necessary except for those above him to beat him up when something doesn’t go right. Extended areas you often have one center manager for numerous centers, that will be standard moving forward shortly I believe..
Yes. That is true prediction. That is why I said: "wait and see in the next 2 years".

I was thinking more along the lines of a Hub operation which I am more familiar with. There is more to the company then just delivery drivers and a preload.

You could get rid of 90% of middle management and the company would run just the same.
you could get rid of 90% of OPS management and yeah it would basically run the same, though you'd have to hire more hourlies and hourlies would be making a lot of daily decisions themselves; i'm okay with this and i'm sure most of you are too

getting rid of 90% of non-ops management and the company would melt down after 2-3 weeks, certainly after a month rolled by

anonymous23456

you could get rid of 90% of OPS management and yeah it would basically run the same, though you'd have to hire more hourlies and hourlies would be making a lot of daily decisions themselves; i'm okay with this and i'm sure most of you are too

getting rid of 90% of non-ops management and the company would melt down after 2-3 weeks, certainly after a month rolled by
getting rid of 90% ops management and UPS will shut down immediately losing millions of dollars per day!

I triple dare Tome to try that and find out as in "Ffffff-around and find out".

Last edited:

The only reason to hire more hourlies is to replace all of the PT sups working.

Brownisbrown

UPS EMPLOYEE

yeah!! Thats why they shouldnt layoff us non ops!