The partners have left the room

UPSER1987

you could get rid of 90% of OPS management and yeah it would basically run the same, though you'd have to hire more hourlies and hourlies would be making a lot of daily decisions themselves; i'm okay with this and i'm sure most of you are too

getting rid of 90% of non-ops management and the company would melt down after 2-3 weeks, certainly after a month rolled by
That statement also me verifies you are clueless.

UPS over hired IE by the bucket loads. How many IE do we need to move the belts?

Operations is UPS. UPS is about Operations until it becomes a fast-food restaurant business. But then it is still about Operations; Fast-food Operations!
most operators have no idea how our packages even move across the network much less within our building

since the introduction of PAS and GSS it's not a dummy-safe occupation

Please don't tell us about how IE figures out how to move packages. We are not making canned tuna at UPS! That job can be done by Operation Research and computers.
yes perhaps the dept that does that research and uses the computers could have a name, maybe something about Engineering Industrial processes, I dunno lol

getting rid of 90% ops management and UPS will shut down immediately losing millions of dollars per day!

I triple dare Tome to try that and find out as in "Ffffff-around and find out".
your serious? you really think on car rides and misload wanding are that essential?

no one gives a :censored2: about that stuff above the DM level

UPSER1987

your serious? you really think on car rides and misload wanding are that essential?

no one gives a :censored2: about that stuff above the DM level
Its funny that in our district, IE got axed along with other non essential departments such as bd, hr and PE. Good riddance to those do nothing “partners”

Its funny that in our district, IE got axed along with other non essential departments such as bd, hr and PE. Good riddance to those do nothing “partners”
no they didn't, no district IE got axed

they let attrition reduce dept numbers so an IE covers 2 divisions instead of 1 so now you rarely see them and the rest of IE was moved up to Region/Zone level

see this is what i'm talking about, you have NO IDEA what's going on, you're listening to rumors from managers or other people who are literal nobodies

Did you figure that out all by yourself
Just a buncha folks that couldn’t cut it as drivers is all that’s left
tell that to the angry on cars on this forum who think they know literally anything about the company beyond the property line of their backwater 30 car center

UPSER1987

no they didn't, no district IE got axed

they let attrition reduce dept numbers so an IE covers 2 divisions instead of 1 so now you rarely see them and the rest of IE was moved up to Region/Zone level

see this is what i'm talking about, you have NO IDEA what's going on, you're listening to rumors from managers or other people who are literal nobodies
Boy you are lame and have no reading comprehension. Stick to your wrong numbers I guess.

Are you that literal? Of course they didn’t completely ax IE. The head count is a shell of itself. No more 4 IE partners with clipboards in the managers office because they are too scared to articulate an inaccurate process alone. I know this as a manager and have had to live with someone’s else’s :censored2: plans and numbers for years.

Go to lunch. That’s what those folks are good for.