The partners have left the room

Boy you are lame and have no reading comprehension. Stick to your wrong numbers I guess.

Are you that literal? Of course they didn’t completely ax IE. The head count is a shell of itself. No more 4 IE partners with clipboards in the managers office because they are too scared to articulate an inaccurate process alone. I know this as a manager and have had to live with someone’s else’s :censored2: plans and numbers for years.

Go to lunch. That’s what those folks are good for.
you have literally no interaction with IE outside of plan day and maybe staffing (tied to plan day); these things are decided at the Executive level and just calculated/rolled down for everyone to enact

95% of what IE does is completely hidden from you

oldngray

nowhere special
a8aaa2.gif

DRAGON II

you have literally no interaction with IE outside of plan day and maybe staffing (tied to plan day); these things are decided at the Executive level and just calculated/rolled down for everyone to enact

Brutal thread...both sides with great arguments on things that happen everyday at our level.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

And everybody else

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Unfortunately, you could see this model coming a very long time ago. Center managers actually ran their Center. Their decisions reflected in their pay. a Center Manager is no longer able to make any decisions unless they’re told to. They are no longer necessary except for those above him to beat him up when something doesn’t go right. Extended areas you often have one center manager for numerous centers, that will be standard moving forward shortly I believe..
They did that on my building about 13 years ago. One center manager for two buildings.
I don’t keep up too much with day to day going one now, but my steward told me they have done away with the center manager title and replaced it with Business Manager. It’s pretty much the same job as the center manager only without as many perks and a lower base pay

oldngray

nowhere special
They did that on my building about 13 years ago. One center manager for two buildings.
I don’t keep up too much with day to day going one now, but my steward told me they have done away with the center manager title and replaced it with Business Manager. It’s pretty much the same job as the center manager only without as many perks and a lower base pay
I thought a business manager was more sales than operations

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I thought a business manager was more sales than operations
Same here. The current Business Manager in my building was a seasonal driver who was asked to go into management about 5 years ago. He was my Onroad and after about 3 months we had slapped him around so badly and buried him in grievances that he went into dispatch in another building.
They brought him back and “ Promoted” him late last year. They just recycle people as no one wants Management now

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Center manager, business manager, call it what you want.

They are all going to be replaced.

The first to go.... are dispatch people.

AI is taking over.

:biggrin:

Same here. The current Business Manager in my building was a seasonal driver who was asked to go into management about 5 years ago. He was my Onroad and after about 3 months we had slapped him around so badly and buried him in grievances that he went into dispatch in another building.
They brought him back and “ Promoted” him late last year. They just recycle people as no one wants Management now
so you "slapped him around and buried him in grievances" so hard he makes 50k more than you now?

uh good work? can you come slap me around maybe sounds like a path to success

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
so you "slapped him around and buried him in grievances" so hard he makes 50k more than you now?

uh good work? can you come slap me around maybe sounds like a path to success
Im retired, I don’t care what he makes.
He was an arrogant little
:censored2: that got put in his place. He couldn’t handle being an Onroad and leapt at the chance to go to dispatch

Oh, and he’s divorced with small childrennow, so whatever more he makes he aint seeing it 👍