The partnership legacy is dead

• Thread starter Anonymous for a reason
  • Start date
Picture the board as a bunch of little Dutch kids with their fingers in the dike. The pressure of competition and rising costs keep springing new leaks and they are running out of cost cutting tricks to plug them. (MIP, Flex Benefits, Salary Continuation, Slowing Salary growth, Squeezing PPH out of every operation...). We will only be able to dictate our price in the market for so long (How many rate increases in a row now?).
To understand what our legacy will be in the future, look at Ford and GM. They never said NO, enough is enough, to their union and they were fine, even unstoppable, as long as they could continue to pass along their increasing costs to their customers.
If we don't radically slow the growth of our cost in the next and subsequent contracts (We won't, so don't worry teamsters), We are going to slowly drown the way the Big three have.
These little cuts in management compensation (Ouch, they feel big to me) are just a drop in the bucket compared to where the real costs are.

No Talent Clown

Picture the board as a bunch of little Dutch kids with their fingers in the dike. The pressure of competition and rising costs keep springing new leaks and they are running out of cost cutting tricks to plug them. (MIP, Flex Benefits, Salary Continuation, Slowing Salary growth, Squeezing PPH out of every operation...). We will only be able to dictate our price in the market for so long (How many rate increases in a row now?).
To understand what our legacy will be in the future, look at Ford and GM. They never said NO, enough is enough, to their union and they were fine, even unstoppable, as long as they could continue to pass along their increasing costs to their customers.
If we don't radically slow the growth of our cost in the next and subsequent contracts (We won't, so don't worry teamsters), We are going to slowly drown the way the Big three have.
These little cuts in management compensation (Ouch, they feel big to me) are just a drop in the bucket compared to where the real costs are.

Well said...I eluded to this scenario in previous posts. Look at the auto industry...We are treading the same line.