The process of giving a write up. (On topic)

542thruNthru

While I terminate you for sabotage.. Stop giving bad advice.

tenor-36.gif

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Turning off belts is sabotage. People exaggerate the safety conditions sometimes. When I was a Hub sup in the sort aisle, people would turn off the belt for 1 box on the grates. Easy termination.

Article 14 of my contract reads as follows:
Under no circumstances will an Employee be required or assigned to engage in any activity involving dangerous conditions of work or danger to a person or property or in violation of a government regulation relating to safety of person or equipment.

As my safety committee never tires of reminding me, egress is a safety issue. Wouldn't you agree?

Not my fault if I have to shut off the belt to keep my walkway clear. Just following orders. ;)

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Turning off belts is sabotage. People exaggerate the safety conditions sometimes. When I was a Hub sup in the sort aisle, people would turn off the belt for 1 box on the grates. Easy termination.
If the box is jammed or you got to get on the belt or reach across it, then it not

GenericUsername

While I terminate you for sabotage.. Stop giving bad advice.

Go for it, daddy. Show me in your booklet where it says that I need to follow a certain piece per hour loaded into a package car. Maybe I'm feeling sluggish that day. Maybe I haven't eaten properly. Maybe you're a d* and need to come down a peg. I'll load one box at a time, let everything else go by, and then what? You can't do a damn thing about it. It's not bad advice. It's good advice. Go ahead and try to fire someone for turning off a belt to clear egress issues. Do it once, maybe, but it won't stick. The second time you do it will create a trail of harassment and becomes a legitimate reason for your early departure, lol.

Fun story time: I had a FT preload supervisor who told me "I've been doing this for twenty years. You've been here three. I'll be doing this twenty more years and you'll be long gone after I fire you one of these days." The short version of this story is I'm now a FT driver and he's out of the company. Why? Because he was an insufferable d* and gave us plenty to file on daily that caused corporate to really look into him. He once "fired" me when I hopped a belt, that was off, while the front belt (two separate belts on one line) was on. Another time he "fired" me because I had an "attendance issue" and "constantly missed the PCM" that was 5 minutes before our scheduled start time.

Stop harassing your loaders and actually give them some friend'ing support when they need it. Whether it's pulling for them so they can clean up a little or bringing in another body from the 15 extra people you have in unload, do something about it instead of harassing them.

BestMgrEver

Hot girl summer
Article 14 of my contract reads as follows:

As my safety committee never tires of reminding me, egress is a safety issue. Wouldn't you agree?

Not my fault if I have to shut off the belt to keep my walkway clear. Just following orders. ;)
My definition and your definition of safety hazards are two entirely different things. Good thing, OSHA and shop stewards are always on management's side when it comes to that. Grow some huevos and work. Can't belive how many girls cry on a barely 5 hour shift.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
My definition and your definition of safety hazards are two entirely different things. Good thing, OSHA and shop stewards are always on management's side when it comes to that. Grow some huevos and work. Can't belive how many girls cry on a barely 5 hour shift.

Did you just assume my gender?
How offensive. I would have assumed the female manager would have been far more "woke".

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
They have balls but no d