The real reason theres 25k NG in DC right now

Box Ox

Hes already been charged with inciting them--nothing to lose now.
Wrong. Another impeachment charge that would earn him a conviction in the Senate for sure as well as potential additional civil and criminal liability. And the loss of even more Trump org business.

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Wrong. Another impeachment charge that would earn him a conviction in the Senate for sure as well as potential additional civil and criminal liability. And the loss of even more Trump org business.
Another impeachment charge?
Are you saying the current one doesn't have merit?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I think most of the National Guard troops are from Va and Md and were called up by those governors. I'm not sure that the president can step in and order a state's National Guard to stand down if the governor has called them up, but who knows?

Box Ox

Another impeachment charge?
Are you saying the current one doesn't have merit?
The current charge has merit. Most bipartisan impeachment ever in the history of our country. And if you're already charged with incitement of insurrection, your pulling of the troops protecting our elected officials from further insurrectionist acts that lead to their injury or death would indeed result in another impeachment charge and additional civil and/or criminal liability.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The current charge has merit.
The facts prove it does not have merit.

Democrats impeach for a speech in which he told people to be peaceful, saying that incited an insurrection. Nonsense.

Then investigations reveal people were planning it ahead of time. Apparently after hearing the speech, rioters used a time machine and went back to plan their insurrection. Nonsense.

You need to check your TDS and try thinking about this rationally pal.

Last edited:

vantexan

The facts prove it does not have merit.

Democrats impeach for a speech in which he told people to be peaceful, saying that incited an insurrection. Nonsense.

Then investigations reveal people were planning it ahead of time. Apparently after hearing the speech, rioters used a time machine and went back to plan their insurrection. Nonsense.

You need to check your TDS and try thinking about this rationally pal.
Amazing how Democrats impeach over something they say was said, but never turns out to be true.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I think most of the National Guard troops are from Va and Md and were called up by those governors. I'm not sure that the president can step in and order a state's National Guard to stand down if the governor has called them up, but who knows?
Guess again, Massachusetts has sent troops.

newfie

It is hilarious that Trump is such a loser that he's being advised on martial law by the My Pillow guy while moving crews are packing up his *. LOL

Washington Post Photographer Snaps 'Martial Law' On My Pillow Guy's Notes At White House

"A Washington Post photographer managed to capture a clear, partial image of notes that My Pillow CEO Michael Lindell — otherwise known as the “My Pillow guy” — carried into the West Wing on Friday. They included the chilling words “Insurrection Act” and “martial law.”

Observers have feared that outgoing President Donald Trump could invoke the Insurrection Act to declare martial law and mobilize the military in a coup to override the democratic presidential election.

Based on the notes, Lindell, a multi-millionaire and avid Trump supporter who is also the TV pitchman of My Pillow USA, appeared to be about to discuss that very tactic with the White House. Trump was impeached for a second time on Wednesday, charged with “incitement of insurrection.”

“Insurrection Act now as a result of the assault on the—” is one of the snippets from Lindell’s notes that Post photographer Jabin Botsford captured on camera, followed by “martial law if necessary upon the first hint of any—” on the next line of text.

Other visible phrases included “be taken immediately to save the Constitution,” “done massive research on these issues,” and “Foreign Interference in the election. Trigger ... powers. Make clear this is China/Iran.”

There was also a notation: “Move Kash Patel to Acting CIA,” apparently meaning “acting CIA director.” Patel, a GOP operative and attorney, is currently the chief of staff for acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller."

wapo has been spinning nonsense about Trump for 4 years. I realize its difficult but sometimes you need to put down the talking points and use your head.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Because it was a lie. Pence could not overturn the election.
Since some states sent duplicate lists of Electors, it was up to Pence to decide which list would be entered as valid.
Had he chosen the Republican list of Electors , Biden would not have won.

newfie

Because he'd be held personally responsible for any violent Trumpee attacks that injure and/or kill more people after the troops who were there specifically to protect them had been ordered to leave town?

The insurrectionist attack on the Capitol and the online chatter thereafter have made it very clear that they'd very much like to do the same thing or worse on Inauguration Day. Their God Emperor is being forced from power against his will as a result of the "fraudulent" election.
Dont steal and you dont have to worry about any late night knocks on your door.

newfie

just think if you guys impeach and send to trial a private citizen; politics will really get fun in the future.

Last edited: