The real reason theres 25k NG in DC right now

newfie

I think most of the National Guard troops are from Va and Md and were called up by those governors. I'm not sure that the president can step in and order a state's National Guard to stand down if the governor has called them up, but who knows?
you're saying md and VA just decided to send the national guard without a request from the fed? Thats scary

newfie

Since some states sent duplicate lists of Electors, it was up to Pence to decide which list would be entered as valid.
Had he chosen the Republican list of Electors , Biden would not have won.
IMHO that would have been a little tackier then sending the states with dual electors back to their state legislators and telling them to pick the one that is valid.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
How original.
Be best.
Meep Meep
1610776569904m.jpg

The Driver

I drive.
You were brain washed by a foreign country to hate your president and your country You may be strong willed but they molded your mind. Sorry bud, it's the truth. It's not good news for anyone. Were probably going to war.
*We’re* not going to war. That will not happen. There may be more terrorist plots and terrorist attacks but America will not go to war with one another.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Because it was a lie. Pence could not overturn the election.

Very few, if any, cases dealing with the electors clause have been adjudicated. It's not a lie, it's a legal theory supported by an interpretation of the clause, which still has had no precedent set for clarification.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
Very few, if any, cases dealing with the electors clause have been adjudicated. It's not a lie, it's a legal theory supported by an interpretation of the clause, which still has had no precedent set for clarification.
Don't worry about it. Im almost 100 percent sure this was a sting operation. Biden aint gettin inaugurated lol. Worry about the likely war with china

It is hilarious that Trump is such a loser that he's being advised on martial law by the My Pillow guy while moving crews are packing up his *. LOL

Washington Post Photographer Snaps 'Martial Law' On My Pillow Guy's Notes At White House

"A Washington Post photographer managed to capture a clear, partial image of notes that My Pillow CEO Michael Lindell — otherwise known as the “My Pillow guy” — carried into the West Wing on Friday. They included the chilling words “Insurrection Act” and “martial law.”

Observers have feared that outgoing President Donald Trump could invoke the Insurrection Act to declare martial law and mobilize the military in a coup to override the democratic presidential election.

Based on the notes, Lindell, a multi-millionaire and avid Trump supporter who is also the TV pitchman of My Pillow USA, appeared to be about to discuss that very tactic with the White House. Trump was impeached for a second time on Wednesday, charged with “incitement of insurrection.”

“Insurrection Act now as a result of the assault on the—” is one of the snippets from Lindell’s notes that Post photographer Jabin Botsford captured on camera, followed by “martial law if necessary upon the first hint of any—” on the next line of text.

Other visible phrases included “be taken immediately to save the Constitution,” “done massive research on these issues,” and “Foreign Interference in the election. Trigger ... powers. Make clear this is China/Iran.”

There was also a notation: “Move Kash Patel to Acting CIA,” apparently meaning “acting CIA director.” Patel, a GOP operative and attorney, is currently the chief of staff for acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller."

Keep posting, sounds like there are bridges in Arizona you'd buy.