THE REALITY OF THE U.P.S. CONTRACT

Stonefish

I can't speak for Irishman Collins, despite 407's disillusion (I think he believes we are one in the same, poor fella), I know UPS is in a much better position to absorb and maintain the plan financially than the Central States and the IBT.
In the Central Region where I reside, we would be able to strike the company if they failed to maintain the plan at the same level from the 1st day to the last of the collective bargaining agreement.
The company, under their plans, have had the right to reduce our level of benefits in all of the previous contracts but haven't saw fit to even try.
In light of record profits in an expanding market, the company would be hard pressed to make a case to reduce benefits.
Instead, the company has shouldered the increasing financial burden throughout the duration of those agreements.
What has happened to make us think that they couldn't continue to shoulder that burden for a workforce who mortgages their bodies to make UPS million$?
How can we possibly think locking the company into a predetermined, defined, 5 year financial healthcare obligation to be a good thing for UPS Teamsters in light of the undeniably unstable trends of the healthcare industry?

Please tell everyone the specific language in the CRSA which states the SPD of the Company Plan can not be modified or if failed to maintain a specific level of benefits you can strike them? I want them to read it.

Anonymous 12

Non active member
Aren't you talking to chuchu here??
image.jpg

upschuck

How can we possibly think locking the company into a predetermined, defined, 5 year financial healthcare obligation to be a good thing for UPS Teamsters in light of the undeniably unstable trends of the healthcare industry?
The last two years of contributions are not set yet, and will be set on the actual costs of the plan, which may be more or less than the previous years.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Aren't you talking to chuchu here??View attachment 11642
I have no idea who this new poster was "talking to" or referring to?
I can only guess that this new member perhaps read several threads, perhaps one that chuchu posted in (maybe the Time To Vote On The Ohio Rider Again, with 255 posts)?
You've got the wrong guy Columbo.
Maybe you should quit the site again before you get bounced or lose your mind.

Stonefish

I have no idea who this new poster was "talking to" or referring to?
I can only guess that this new member perhaps read several threads, perhaps one that chuchu posted in (maybe the Time To Vote On The Ohio Rider Again, with 255 posts)?
You've got the wrong guy Columbo.
Maybe you should quit the site again before you get bounced or lose your mind.

Like chuchu said he was going to do but didn't. Go have a beer tonight its gotta be stressful trying to switch between screen names. Relax.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Like chuchu said he was going to do but didn't. Go have a beer tonight its gotta be stressful trying to switch between screen names. Relax.
That has just never been my style, unlike other hypocrites (I would elaborate but revealing another posters identity(s) would be a TOS violation).
If I were inclined to establish another account and screen name, in hindsight, the motivation would have been much greater a month ago.
I don't need a second identity on this site, as I leave it all on the field with the one I have.

BTW 407, there are many men of Irish decent that take pride in their heritage.
You aren't special in that regard and I didn't coin the moniker "Irishman" and I know of no correlation between you and the name Collins .

Anonymous 12

Non active member
That has just never been my style, unlike other hypocrites (I would elaborate but revealing another posters identity(s) would be a TOS violation).
If I were inclined to establish another account and screen name, in hindsight, the motivation would have been much greater a month ago.
I don't need a second identity on this site, as I leave it all on the field with the one I have.

BTW 407, there are many men of Irish decent that take pride in their heritage.
You aren't special in that regard and I didn't coin the moniker "Irishman" and I know of no correlation between you and the name Collins .
I wish I wasn't Irish.

Irishman Collins

I wish I wasn't Irish.
407, please don't wish you weren't Irish! You should be proud of your heritage. First and foremost lets get something straight. I do not have multiple user names on this site and to suggest so is just plain ridiculous. I joined this site to express my opinions and hear others opinions about this contract and U.P.S. issues. I find it funny that my first experience with this site develops into the equivalent of a fourth grade class discussing what color of jello they want for lunch while one schoolmate is attempting to discuss the unfair increases in the school lunches. Now back to the facts. Can anyone tell me if Legislation has been passed to protect the Taft Hartley non profit health plans from the Affordable Care Act? Also, can someone tell me, if South of Columbus is adamant about not jumping on the S.S. Central States sinking ship. Then why have the Ohio negotiators ignored our concerns and refused to attempt to negotiate that in these said areas they keep their current insurance? Oh, and please no accusations about me not being Irishman Collins. It is becoming worn out and tired.

Stonefish

407, please don't wish you weren't Irish! You should be proud of your heritage. First and foremost lets get something straight. I do not have multiple user names on this site and to suggest so is just plain ridiculous. I joined this site to express my opinions and hear others opinions about this contract and U.P.S. issues. I find it funny that my first experience with this site develops into the equivalent of a fourth grade class discussing what color of jello they want for lunch while one schoolmate is attempting to discuss the unfair increases in the school lunches. Now back to the facts. Can anyone tell me if Legislation has been passed to protect the Taft Hartley non profit health plans from the Affordable Care Act? Also, can someone tell me, if South of Columbus is adamant about not jumping on the S.S. Central States sinking ship. Then why have the Ohio negotiators ignored our concerns and refused to attempt to negotiate that in these said areas they keep their current insurance? Oh, and please no accusations about me not being Irishman Collins. It is becoming worn out and tired.

Sure thing.
As you well know whats going on with the anti contract meeting last Sunday because you were part of them. Keep the line out line someone will bite.

Anonymous 12

Non active member
My grandfather Bernie said him me and every Irishman was inbread. We couldn't get off the damn island. We are from county Mayo being Irish is cool and all but I'm third generation American. I'm an American. I know my heritage Bubblehead but it just isn't that important. Anyway if you haven't sent your ballot in yet I strongly urge you to vote Yes. If you don't I am cool with this. I really don't care like you because I just don't. Sorry for being a good loyal teamster. Sorry for having common sense. I'm an inbread Irish forest gump mother$*cker that truly gets it. I'm glad I do get it. It might carry me to better things. God bless ya Bubblehead. See ya in Columbus someday.

Irishman Collins

Sure thing.
As you well know whats going on with the anti contract meeting last Sunday because you were part of them. Keep the line out line someone will bite.
Stonefish, that sounds like a jello comment to me. Again, do you know if any legislation has been passed to protect us from the Affordable Care Act and why hasn't Central and Southern Ohio's concerns been addressed in the Ohio Rider?

Stonefish

My grandfather Bernie said him me and every Irishman was inbread. We couldn't get off the damn island. We are from county Mayo being Irish is cool and all but I'm third generation American. I'm an American. I know my heritage Bubblehead but it just isn't that important. Anyway if you haven't sent your ballot in yet I strongly urge you to vote Yes. If you don't I am cool with this. I really don't care like you because I just don't. Sorry for being a good loyal teamster. Sorry for having common sense. I'm an inbread Irish forest gump mother$*cker that truly gets it. I'm glad I do get it. It might carry me to better things. God bless ya Bubblehead. See ya in Columbus someday.

Can I go I'll bring the koolaid

Stonefish

Stonefish, that sounds like a jello comment to me. Again, do you know if any legislation has been passed to protect us from the Affordable Care Act and why hasn't Central and Southern Ohio's concerns been addressed in the Ohio Rider?
You already know. We have already discussed it several times. Look back at the posts if you want to go over it again. It is fun though.

oldngray

nowhere special

I am Irish descent but my family had enough sense to leave that silly island and come to US over 200 years ago. About the only Irish left in me is my name.