Box Ox

The United States is a Republic.... not a Democracy.

Learn the difference.

Representative Democracy...learn the difference.

Representative Republic, learn the difference.

No, a representative democracy. Learn the difference.

The internet just wouldn’t be the same if it weren’t for the eternal back and forth this topic generates between e-debaters. Especially since it doesn’t really matter anyway. Lol

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The internet just wouldn’t be the same if it weren’t for the eternal back and forth this topic generates between e-debaters. Especially since it doesn’t really matter anyway. Lol

No, it really doesn't matter, but the "experts" on the Right seldom even understand their own government.

Bob11B

Y’all not up on current events and the mockery that the 2 puppets have made of the Democratic Party? Even The NY Times is hating on them.

vantexan

No, a representative democracy. Learn the difference. Ever take Civics? We elect representatives, who(supposedly) carry out our wishes. I know you'd like an autocracy with an Emperor Trump, but we'll rise up and overthrow him before that happens.
To be precise, a constitutional representative republic.

floridays

Examples of dismantling? You let a Secretary of State and former president sell access to her office and presumed future office to get filthy rich, and you want to talk about someone else dismantling our democracy?
Republic, we were formed a Republic. Call it such, and consider this a reprimand. You want a democracy, electoral college is the first major pillar to fall.

floridays

This isn't gonna be another thing the left says for 2 years before another investigation concludes it's not actually the case, is it? I want the Democrats to win the election next November.
I'll bet by November you won't. Nationally at least, maybe locally for you. Only a hunch.

floridays

Seriously? How many cabinet secretaries have resigned for corruption scandals? How much money is Trump making in self-dealing by staying at his own properties and charging the tax payer for security? How much is he making from foreign dignitaries staying at his properties in order to gain influence?
You now admit you have nothing, you just aren't smart enough to realize that fact.

floridays

Uranuim One was disproven, as were the accusations regarding the Clinton Foundation. The Trump Foundation was dissolved because it was fake, and a slush fund for Trump. He was also fined, and the Foundation remains under investigation by the SDNY.

Fact.
You really aren't too sharp. We will revisit this later. You really think Uranium One and The Clinton Foundation are settled business?
Real Estate shark my ass, I bet you don't even own your own house.

floridays

We've just been through 2 years of "TRUMP IS PROBABLY A RUSSIAN AGENT!!!11"

Do we really want to keep hoping for "dirt on the Republicans" rather than stepping back and taking a breather for a moment? I'm still all the way back at the point of being glad our President isn't a Russian agent.

Journalists actually have a huge interest in not defending Assange because they want to be taken seriously as professionals. That's why the NYT doesn't just dump classified documents whose release could really hurt people whenever they come across them.
To me personally, you just gave yourself up. I call
bsbullf.gif

on what you just said, and don't believe what you said was truthful.
bsbullf.gif
. You couldn't have been happier if what was alleged, and you promoted about Trump earlier was proven true.

Second part, NYT has been publishing lies the whole time, they have no idea what the truth looks like. Washington post as well.

Box Ox

To me personally, you just gave yourself up. I call
bsbullf-gif.244081

on what you just said, and don't believe what you said was truthful.
bsbullf-gif.244081
. You couldn't have been happier if what was alleged, and you promoted about Trump earlier was proven true.

I've repented. It's OK if you had better things to do and missed it.

My focus now is to tell Democrats to keep their eyes on the ball. Don't talk about Trump. He's a known quantity. His character is not new news. Won't win an election. Didn't in 2016. Talk about what policies set them apart from Trump without taking things into far left crazy town.

Box Ox

I'll bet by November you won't. Nationally at least, maybe locally for you. Only a hunch.

You might be right. We'll see who the Democrats pick in the primaries.

Tulsi kind of turned me off on Thursday when she tweeted "The arrest of #JulianAssange is meant to send a message to all Americans and journalists: be quiet, behave, toe the line. Or you will pay the price," Gabbard tweeted."

:censored2: Assange. Journalist my ass.

Last edited:

floridays

I've repented. It's OK if you had better things to do and missed it.

My focus now is to tell Democrats to keep their eyes on the ball. Don't talk about Trump. He's a known quantity. His character is not new news. Won't win an election. Didn't in 2016. Talk about what policies set them apart from Trump without taking things into far left crazy town.
I got that from what I've read previously, but when you give some kind of honor of journalism to the NYT, I become suspicious.
Add that to the way you said, 'I'm just glad our president wasn't a russian agent,' sounded too bs to me, a talking point to appease and back away with no responsibility.
I will be watching you with interest.
Quite possibly you are turning into a butterfly.
My personal opinion, very doubtful, but who knows?
Hope you have a good weekend, best to you.

floridays

You might be right. We'll see who the Democrats pick in the primaries.

Tulsi kind of turned me off on Thursday when she tweeted "The arrest of #JulianAssange is meant to send a message to all Americans and journalists: be quiet, behave, toe the line. Or you will pay the price," Gabbard tweeted."

:censored2: Assange. Journalist my ass.
She's a pretty girl though.
Was that politically correct?
He's not a journalist, I'll agree.
As far as I understand now, a consolidator of hacked information.
I really haven't had any interest in him, really don't forsee that view changing either.

Box Ox

when you give some kind of honor of journalism to the NYT, I become suspicious.

NYT is seriously left-biased. But at least they do redact sensitive information and don't release sensitive documents if there is concern for peoples' safety.

Add that to the way you said, 'I'm just glad our president wasn't a russian agent,' sounded too bs to me, a talking point to appease and back away with no responsibility.

No, I really am glad. He's still a dick, the nepotism in his Administration is out of control and his businesses are profiting from his position. But I can live with those things.

He's not a journalist, I'll agree.
As far as I understand now, a consolidator of hacked information.

Assange was charged with "conspiracy to commit computer intrusion."

"The indictment, revealed Thursday by the Justice Department and dated March 6, 2018, alleges Assange aided former U.S. intelligence analyst Chelsea Manning with "cracking a password stored on U.S. Department of Defense computers" that contained classified documents and secrets. "

WikiLeaks’ Assange arrested on U.S. charges he helped hack Pentagon computers

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Republic, we were formed a Republic. Call it such, and consider this a reprimand. You want a democracy, electoral college is the first major pillar to fall.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...mocracy/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.6590b237ef05
I know it's the Washington Post so it must be "fake news but.

"But there is no basis for saying that the United States is somehow “not a democracy, but a republic.” “Democracy” and “republic” aren’t just words that a speaker can arbitrarily define to mean something (e.g., defining democracy as “a form of government in which all laws are made directly by the people”). They are terms that have been given meaning by English speakers more broadly. And both today and in the Framing era, “democracy” has been generally understood to include representative democracy as well as direct democracy"

And why do we promote democracy if we aren't one?
Democracy

Y'all will argue over the stupidest :censored2: on here.....lord you cant beat this for free entertainment

moreluck

golden ticket member
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...mocracy/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.6590b237ef05
I know it's the Washington Post so it must be "fake news but.

"But there is no basis for saying that the United States is somehow “not a democracy, but a republic.” “Democracy” and “republic” aren’t just words that a speaker can arbitrarily define to mean something (e.g., defining democracy as “a form of government in which all laws are made directly by the people”). They are terms that have been given meaning by English speakers more broadly. And both today and in the Framing era, “democracy” has been generally understood to include representative democracy as well as direct democracy"

And why do we promote democracy if we aren't one?
Democracy

Y'all will argue over the stupidest :censored2: on here.....lord you cant beat this for free entertainment
Yeah, but Caitlyn Jenner is still a man!!!!!!!!!!!!!