The rumors are flying

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Great research, I don't have kids so I didn't know that.
The articles I reread pointed to the health insurance coverage of low income and rural citizens. They can't afford the doctor visits. The immunizations might be free but the rest of the visit wouldn't. It seems in these cases, it is cheaper and easier to sign for an exemption. They didn't want to lay the rise in medical exemptions strictly on antivaxxers.
Spoken like someone who doesn't have children.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
I'm also not low income or rural.
What's your point ?
You're speaking on topics you are ill informed on and have no perspective. With all due respect.
You make it sound "easy" to get an exemption. It's not. You have to make an appt, take a class, get lectured by a nurse that is most likely less knowledgeable about the schedule, ingredients, etc than you are.
If you are low income, you need to take time off work because health dept only open during business hours...ohh and you need to take your kids because you can't afford child care.

I'm just saying. You're removed from this and come across as such.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Let me guess- you’ve worked at ups since 1985 and haven’t had any other real jobs. I’d love to see every dumb driver that says this do a preloader’s job for a week right now. You’d go home crying after an hour friend. And by the way 8.50 in 1985 is 24.76 today. Preloaders have been treated poorly and paid worse for way too long.
Preloaders were paid $8.50 as recent as 2013.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
You can demand “$21“ an hour with full benefits when it was your hard work, and people like you, that gave the company record profits during the pandemic. The compnay got theirs. Shareholders got theirs. Lord knows Carol took hers. We were called heroes. Talk is cheap. This ain’t McDonald’s. Not Home Depot either as she is finding out. They can go to automation and consolidation all they want. I hope it makes them even more record profits as like SOB says, profits are unpaid wages. I have been around UPS a long, long time. Every time they open their mouth about the latest and greatest it has resulted in me making more money……EDD, TSP, 15 minute PU Window….at location of pick up to close it out even though you were 18 miles away and they called you to say nothing today buddy…, The world famous ORION, preloader load 5 trucks not 2…..every package every day….deliver your mislpads, here is your new DIAD, best ever.
Why would you ever give your number to UPS' customer🤦

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
You're speaking on topics you are ill informed on and have no perspective. With all due respect.
You make it sound "easy" to get an exemption. It's not. You have to make an appt, take a class, get lectured by a nurse that is most likely less knowledgeable about the schedule, ingredients, etc than you are.
If you are low income, you need to take time off work because health dept only open during business hours...ohh and you need to take your kids because you can't afford child care.

Yet, here we are talking about rising rates in vaccination exemptions in the US.
Obviously it is not hard to get in some states. My state, however, eliminated religious exemptions for vaccinations.

I don't need to be a doctor or have kids to talk about this topic.
If you want to be a keyboard hero, you can start with chastising all the "UPS doctors" on this site. :rolleyes2:

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Yet, here we are talking about rising rates in vaccination exemptions in the US.
Obviously it is not hard to get in some states. My state, however, eliminated religious exemptions for vaccinations.

I don't need to be a doctor or have kids to talk about this topic.
If you want to be a keyboard hero, you can start with chastising all the "UPS doctors" on this site. :rolleyes2:
No, I'm a real life hero because I've stood up to teams of clinicians and doctors that have attempted to force me into loading my children up with these big pharma weapons.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
No, I'm a real life hero because I've stood up to teams of clinicians and doctors that have attempted to force me into loading my children up with these big pharma weapons.
LOL, there it is :lol::lol::lol:
giphy.gif

I was wondering why you were posting :lol: :lol:

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I've been away from UPS for 9 years, but still am in touch with current long term employees. Talked to a 51 year employee on the phone yesterday. In his opinion, he feels UPS is attempting to get away from residential deliveries, and exclusively do only business to business. If that is true, it's truly sad that the current executive management is moving away from what made this company great, something that took 117 years to accomplish.

anonymous23456

I've been away from UPS for 9 years, but still am in touch with current long term employees. Talked to a 51 year employee on the phone yesterday. In his opinion, he feels UPS is attempting to get away from residential deliveries, and exclusively do only business to business. If that is true, it's truly sad that the current executive management is moving away from what made this company great, something that took 117 years to accomplish.
They are not doing away with it. As long as they can charge 40 bucks for tiny package delivery, they will do it. They just don't want to do it for 5-10 bucks.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
When you demand 25$ an hour with full benefits to do a job worth minimum wage you get replaced with automation. Ask the fast food workers that enjoyed their 15$ an hour for six months before being replaced with kiosks. At least the kiosks don’t give you attitude and don’t screw up your order. Preload got a 2x pay raise and I have just as bad of a load and just as many misloads.
I asked my preloader who was always whining that he didn’t get paid enough. How much per hour would it take for you not to have
3-4 off area misloads everyday
Got a blank stare

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Corporations only care about their profits, that’s it. You’re a fool if you think automation wasn’t coming, no matter how much we got paid

If anything, we should have demanded more money, knowing automation was coming
I would have went for some meaningful language dealing with automation

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Those are all excuses if you are low income their are numerous state and federal agencies that we the taxpayers pay for
FIGURE IT OUT !!