The rumors are flying

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

When you demand 25$ an hour with full benefits to do a job worth minimum wage you get replaced with automation. Ask the fast food workers that enjoyed their 15$ an hour for six months before being replaced with kiosks. At least the kiosks don’t give you attitude and don’t screw up your order. Preload got a 2x pay raise and I have just as bad of a load and just as many misloads.

PT Car Washer

When you demand 25$ an hour with full benefits to do a job worth minimum wage you get replaced with automation. Ask the fast food workers that enjoyed their 15$ an hour for six months before being replaced with kiosks. At least the kiosks don’t give you attitude and don’t screw up your order. Preload got a 2x pay raise and I have just as bad of a load and just as many misloads.
How is automation going to replace a delivery driver walking a package up to someone's front door?

Brownwind

Do you miss your PVD?

HarryWarden

Corporations only care about their profits, that’s it. You’re a fool if you think automation wasn’t coming, no matter how much we got paid

If anything, we should have demanded more money, knowing automation was coming

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
I did better work for $8.50 than these whippersnappers are doing for $21. I will say that misloads are rare now but that’s not competence, it’s technology.
Let me guess- you’ve worked at ups since 1985 and haven’t had any other real jobs. I’d love to see every dumb driver that says this do a preloader’s job for a week right now. You’d go home crying after an hour friend. And by the way 8.50 in 1985 is 24.76 today. Preloaders have been treated poorly and paid worse for way too long.

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
Then load it yourself superstar.

ManInBrown

During my annual physical last month, I got a Covid booster, Flu shot, and Tetanus shot on the same day.

STILL HEALTHY AND ALIVE
Listening to some of these jackasses on here makes me understand why Polio is making a comeback in Florida. :rolleyes2:
I get it, people did die from the vaccine but to make it seem like it was so dangerous to take is laughable. I got vaxxed once. If I had to do it again I wouldnt have. My mom and dad both late 70s can’t wait to line up for every booster as soon as it comes out. I don’t even bother trying to talk them out of it. Both vaxxed at least 4 times, not one problem from the vaccine.

Thebrownblob

They were kept for efficiency - automation isn’t cost effective for rural settings. The challenge remains that for just shy of two months out of the year the network has to process > 20% more volume.

If you build a network that runs at less than 80% utilized 8 months of the year - costs are too high. The analysts understand this - they aren’t balking at the 3 year revenue targets (they aren’t that aggressive). They see the cost problem hasn't been addressed for the network. An automated network exacerbates the capacity/utilization equation because it’s more expensive.
Oh, trust me I agree with them. Everything about this screams inefficient and shortsighted. All of these smaller centers shutting down and being absorbed by hubs means that route that used to drive 150 miles a day for a rural area is now going to drive 200 or more miles since the route has been moved to a hub further away. That will cause service disruptions and less service. But then again, service doesn’t seem to be our target anymore with this CEO.

Family

How many woke management within the organization voted for the inflationary policies that created this mess.
Always blaming the little guy. Run the business like a small mom and pop like we have always done before and when/if the cycle turns we will be positioned for growth.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Polio is making a come back BECAUSE WE ARE IMPORTING THE 3RD WORLD. not because people aren't getting vaccinated. And do some :censored2:ing research on when and why the us stopped giving people that shot. Your a :censored2:ing idiot.
1. I misspoke and meant to say Measles, not Polio
2. Why don't YOU do some research !! Children are still given a polio vaccine, but those rates are alarmingly dropping due to antivaxxers and families with no health insurance coverage

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I said this to my ORS after the last video about all the layoffs, but essentially if we had a strong man in that position, and he came out with a statement saying something along the lines of
" We see volume decreasing, margins are thinning, expenses are on the rise...which is why we are sticking to our fundamentals. Every package every day, world class customer service, commit times will be honored" yada yada. Man, stock prices woulda gone BOOM
That's not what stockholders want to hear? 🤔

Thebrownblob

1. I misspoke and meant to say Measles, not Polio
2. Why don't YOU do some research !! Children are still given a polio vaccine, but those rates are alarmingly dropping due to antivaxxers and families with no health insurance coverage
Almost every state gives child recommended vaccines free. No health insurance required.

textat3

You can demand “$21“ an hour with full benefits when it was your hard work, and people like you, that gave the company record profits during the pandemic. The compnay got theirs. Shareholders got theirs. Lord knows Carol took hers. We were called heroes. Talk is cheap. This ain’t McDonald’s. Not Home Depot either as she is finding out. They can go to automation and consolidation all they want. I hope it makes them even more record profits as like SOB says, profits are unpaid wages. I have been around UPS a long, long time. Every time they open their mouth about the latest and greatest it has resulted in me making more money……EDD, TSP, 15 minute PU Window….at location of pick up to close it out even though you were 18 miles away and they called you to say nothing today buddy…, The world famous ORION, preloader load 5 trucks not 2…..every package every day….deliver your mislpads, here is your new DIAD, best ever.

Thebrownblob

You can demand “$21“ an hour with full benefits when it was your hard work, and people like you, that gave the company record profits during the pandemic. The compnay got theirs. Shareholders got theirs. Lord knows Carol took hers. We were called heroes. Talk is cheap. This ain’t McDonald’s. Not Home Depot either as she is finding out. They can go to automation and consolidation all they want. I hope it makes them even more record profits as like SOB says, profits are unpaid wages. I have been around UPS a long, long time. Every time they open their mouth about the latest and greatest it has resulted in me making more money……EDD, TSP, 15 minute PU Window….at location of pick up to close it out even though you were 18 miles away and they called you to say nothing today buddy…, The world famous ORION, preloader load 5 trucks not 2…..every package every day….deliver your mislpads, here is your new DIAD, best ever.
The reality was the market was demanding a substantial wage increase for the job we do because of what others make around us. Where I work, the inside employees were already making $21-$23 an hour so they were upset that it was no raise at all for them. The company had to pay simply to get people to do this physical work.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Almost every state gives child recommended vaccines free. No health insurance required.

Great research, I don't have kids so I didn't know that.
The articles I reread pointed to the health insurance coverage of low income and rural citizens. They can't afford the doctor visits. The immunizations might be free but the rest of the visit wouldn't. It seems in these cases, it is cheaper and easier to sign for an exemption. They didn't want to lay the rise in medical exemptions strictly on antivaxxers.

Thebrownblob

Great research, I don't have kids so I didn't know that.
The articles I reread pointed to the health insurance coverage of low income and rural citizens. They can't afford the doctor visits. The immunizations might be free but the rest of the visit wouldn't. It seems in these cases, it is cheaper and easier to sign for an exemption. They didn't want to lay the rise in medical exemptions strictly on antivaxxers.
It might not be the same everywhere, but they have health clinics here and they are 100% free. Every school required immunization is included. All you have to do is walk in.