The rumors are flying

textat3

I asked my preloader who was always whining that he didn’t get paid enough. How much per hour would it take for you not to have
3-4 off area misloads everyday
Got a blank stare
Why don’t you ask his supervisor instead. Leave the Teamster alone, you aren’t his supervisor.

Pullman Brown

Oh, trust me I agree with them. Everything about this screams inefficient and shortsighted. All of these smaller centers shutting down and being absorbed by hubs means that route that used to drive 150 miles a day for a rural area is now going to drive 200 or more miles since the route has been moved to a hub further away. That will cause service disruptions and less service. But then again, service doesn’t seem to be our target anymore with this CEO.
My prediction next CEO reverses some of these decisions.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
transparent.png

DriverNerd

Why do you people get so upset about misloads? Serious question.
Two things. First, those on 9.5 really do not want extra work. They want their 9 hours (or less) and go home. Second, to go with that, they are usually dispatched a 9+ hour day and are often told to sheet misloads as missed instead of running them if it causes them to go over. And then that misload becomes a service failure.

Personally, I love the ones I can actually deliver. Just pads my bank account.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Still doesn’t answer my question.
We have enough work, usually too much. One off route and you are home at 8 pm. Now, if we can sheet as missed we could care less about missorts.

Money? Make enough, don't need extra.

Our own work loaded on the wrong shelf is a different problem. We waste time searching and searching for it. Next days missing are the worst.

Last edited: