The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Pipeline Companies Paying More to Cross Private Land

A natural gas pipeline company argued earlier this year that it should pay about $80,000 for the right to lay pipe across a mile of vacant land south of Fort Worth. The landowner countered, and a Johnson County jury agreed, that the price should be higher.

A lot higher. In March, the jury awarded about $1.6 million, plus interest, to the landowner, more than 20 times the amount that Midland-based Peregrine Pipeline Co. had offered.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The company has reached voluntary negotiated easements with all 205 affected landowners in Montana, all but three of 294 in South Dakota and all but about 30 of some 1,000 along the nearly completed Gulf Coast extension of the pipeline, spanning from Oklahoma to Port Arthur, Texas.( 2013 )
The company started off with low ball offers of $100 for a high mile easement , but ended up making easement offers of up to $350,000.

rickyb

Glenn Greenwald‏Verified account @ggreenwald 11h11 hours ago

Noam Chomsky's entire interview on @democracynow today should be read but here's what he said on Dems' Russia mania https://www.democracynow.org/2017/4/4/chomsky_half_the_world_is_laughing …

C8lP87MW0AIVZX0.jpg

These are serious issues. People like William Perry, who has a distinguished career and is a nuclear strategist and is no alarmist at all, is saying that we’re back to the—this is one of the worst moments of the Cold War, if not worse. That’s really serious. And efforts to try to calm that down would be very welcome. And we should bear in mind it’s the Russian border. It’s not the Mexican border. There’s no Warsaw Pact maneuvers going on in Mexico. And that’s a border that the Russians are quite reasonably sensitive about. They’ve practically been destroyed several times the last century right through that region."

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Are you following the show Homeland on Showtime ?
Best year yet.
You should watch it , they show everything you post about happening .

wkmac

Chomsky is correct. Looking at US history with US Gov't meddling and overthrow of other govt's, often by Democratic administrations and/or Democratic party blessings, the claims made about Russia meddling in US elections are laughable.

It will be fine

Nunes stepping aside as head of the house investigation, just another Trump loyalist that can't be trusted to do his job. Nothing to see here, everything is fine. Will there be an investigation into who leaked Nunes his info? Stop the leaking!

It will be fine

Now we can add Jared to the list of top level Trump advisers that "forgot" about meetings with Russians. This omission would get any other person's top secrect clearance denied, but I'm sure it's fine for the golden child.

BrownArmy

Obviously this is happening right now, but I'm already looking forward to the books that will be written about this administration - the Trump Presidency.

Gonna be juicy.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Now we can add Jared to the list of top level Trump advisers that "forgot" about meetings with Russians. This omission would get any other person's top secret clearance denied, but I'm sure it's fine for the golden child.
I think they all understand now that if they shook hands with the Russians at the Republican Convention, that is a meeting.

rickyb

JULIAN ASSANGE: Well, Mr. Schiff is a Democratic congressman who’s trying to whip up a kind of neo-McCarthyist fervor in order to distract from the epic failure of Hillary Clinton and that team when they lost, of all people, to Donald Trump. So, it’s not particularly interesting.

I think we should pull back and put things in context. The United States government, since 1950, has intervened in 81 elections—interfered, to use Schiff’s language, in 81 elections. That is not including coups, which have overthrown the government. So there’s a long history of the United States doing this to places around the world, in infamous ways, and, most recently, alleged interference in the election of Israel. So, I think we should understand that the United States is in a glass house when it comes to allegations of attempting to interfere with or influence election results.