The sales pitch is on.

22.34life

Tcds will become rpcds and 22.4 will become Tcd or rpcd or who knows.what about the inside work that the 22.4 will share with 22.3.who has more seniority and how will that stack up against p/t seniority.one big clusterf@#$

22.34life

No 22.4 shall blah,blah,blah.language is useless when it gets this muddled.b.a get ur interpretation ready and stewards get ur mind ready to be blown.boom.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Amazon be like “We ain’t dealing that :censored2: in our creepy white vans. Give it to UPS along with our mattresses and other items that say “Mech lift” on it.”
Any overweight from amazon goes to us. Always. We already lost most of their small boxes and bags. Unless it is peak, or prime day, or maybe a really good deal on pocorn machines.

DR7

Out of curiosity how much are you taking to the PO on an average day???

I’m curious about this too. At our contract proposal meeting I made a strong push for stronger SurePost language. We have two major post office drops in our town and I deliver to the smaller of the two on occasion when my route is cut. I couldn’t help but notice I was unloading some pretty large boxes. I’d say about 15 smalls bags and about 40 random sized boxes.

That’s when I dug into the contract and found the SurePost language. Hell. My route is getting cut because we are delivering all my stops to the post office to deliver.

I guess my question is, how do other centers regulate the SurePost violations when preloaders are loading up the post office with parcels well over the three cubic feet size regulation?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I’m curious about this too. At our contract proposal meeting I made a strong push for stronger SurePost language. We have two major post office drops in our town and I deliver to the smaller of the two on occasion when my route is cut. I couldn’t help but notice I was unloading some pretty large boxes. I’d say about 15 smalls bags and about 40 random sized boxes.

That’s when I dug into the contract and found the SurePost language. Hell. My route is getting cut because we are delivering all my stops to the post office to deliver.

I guess my question is, how do other centers regulate the SurePost violations when preloaders are loading up the post office with parcels well over the three cubic feet size regulation?
They don't regulate it, as the language is soft and vague, void of penalties for violations, designed to pacify the membership, rather than control the situation.

So you have what you see daily, the Company taking full advantage with no worry of consequences.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
They don't regulate it, as the language is soft and vague, void of penalties for violations, designed to pacify the membership, rather than control the situation.

So you have what you see daily, the Company taking full advantage with no worry of consequences.
Use to be we were delivering about the same amount as FedEx then it started going up and up.... I was even seeing commercial stops on my route going to the post office for delivery by them....I called mgt out on it they said that was ok... a couple stewards had really no idea about any surepost language except if we had seen a “large” box then we can have the clerks redirect so a ups driver can deliver it...the union had their chance to renegotiate this language and it was a joke... since the main improvement we got was size of boxes getting kicked back to us... that volume was minimal....and if we were already making a regular ground stop to a house that had a surepost stop going there then we would deliver both... that didn’t add any stops but just made more pkgs stuffed into the car....the company got what they wanted.

dogs.bite.me

If you see a sure post pkg that violates the contract, you take it to the clerk and get them to address correct it to the address not the PO.

This must be done before you leave building. If they're found on road, you deliver them.

F

Frankie's Friend

If you see a sure post pkg that violates the contract, you take it to the clerk and get them to address correct it to the address not the PO.

This must be done before you leave building. If they're found on road, you deliver them.
Nah, we future them, give them to the PM clerk and he redirects them thru the ups drivers to deliver them.
Use to be we were delivering about the same amount as FedEx then it started going up and up.... I was even seeing commercial stops on my route going to the post office for delivery by them....I called mgt out on it they said that was ok... a couple stewards had really no idea about any surepost language except if we had seen a “large” box then we can have the clerks redirect so a ups driver can deliver it...the union had their chance to renegotiate this language and it was a joke... since the main improvement we got was size of boxes getting kicked back to us... that volume was minimal....and if we were already making a regular ground stop to a house that had a surepost stop going there then we would deliver both... that didn’t add any stops but just made more pkgs stuffed into the car....the company got what they wanted.
We've got about 30 grievances piled up on size, proximity, and duplicate stop violations.

Fricking ba has been sitting on them for a year after being heard locally.

We also have an interp on what constitutes a proximity stop filed to be heard at the state panel in Aug of 2016 and the loser has yet to docket that at the state panel.

Wonder why there's mistrust in the membership?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Nah, we future them, give them to the PM clerk and he redirects them thru the ups drivers to deliver them.

We've got about 30 grievances piled up on size, proximity, and duplicate stop violations.

We also have an interp on what constitutes a proximity stop filed to be heard at the state panel in Aug of 2016 and the loser has yet to docket that at the state panel.

I wonder if proximity stops made it into the contract... that would bring more stops back to us to deliver... ups says the key to making money on this online residential work is density... but then they give it all to a business that is in the brink of collapse and really has no real interest in taking care of our customers.... but to be fair ups has been slacking in that Dept the last few years also..

Coldworld

60 months and counting

That’s ridiculous... I know when I turned in my negotiations wish list surepost was one of my top 5 things I thought needed changed..

F

Frankie's Friend

I wonder if proximity stops made it into the contract... that would bring more stops back to us to deliver... ups says the key to making money on this online residential work is density...
I wonder if it's in the new language that there's teeth to get it paid as subcontracting violations and/or parallel with supes working. There are grievances with resolutions asking for triple time for each package violation. That'll get someone's attention...if it ever gets out of our local.

The dog and pony show continues.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I wonder if it's in the new language that there's teeth to get it paid as subcontracting violations and/or parallel with supes working. There are grievances with resolutions asking for triple time for each package violation. That'll get someone's attention...if it ever gets out of our local.

The dog and pony show continues.
I don’t remember many sups working 25 years ago unless they were training ...how times have changed