The sales pitch is on.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
But the newbies have no faith in the union, the union has failed them. They need to reach out to these guys. All they see is union dues coming out of their check and constant harassment from management.

Can you blame them??
I don’t really blame the union either tho.. in my center the union reaches out but honeslty these young kids just don’t give a :censored2:. They are not interested in it. They don’t even know how to file a grievance or even want too because they think it will put a target on their back etc. they just want to come in high as hell and work 3hrs go home lol at least in my center

I don’t really blame the union either tho.. in my center the union reaches out but honeslty these young kids just don’t give a :censored2:. They are not interested in it. They don’t even know how to file a grievance or even want too because they think it will put a target on their back etc. they just want to come in high as hell and work 3hrs go home lol at least in my center
I guess nobody cares anymore. Let's see how many people actually vote with this online voting. Can't make it any easier.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Looking at those bold words you've convinced me. We better start working for free because I imagine amazon is going to run the world. Just wait it will happen you'll see.

But until I start seeing decline maybe I shouldn't panic to much and screw the guys below me over because I already got mine.
You haven’t even seen the whole contract and are already convinced you will vote no so it’s the same thing. Can’t help the people under you if they won’t help themselves.

542thruNthru

They Keep doing it bc of how much volume we deliver for amazon. Amazon is responsible for 40% of all online purchases that’s a staggering amount. Now imagine they go strictly to their contractor and cut ups out. You think we will still see that 5bill?

They release a new thing today where for 10k you can start a amazing contractor gig. They provide the training,tech,etc.. no imagine if a lot of people jump on that. They are saying 40 drivers you will see profits of 300k.. in the next give or take 6 or so years I think amazon will deliver nothing but for itself using contractors. Maybe a little longer but it will happen just wait.

You're right though the company must be really worried if they proposed these 22.4 drivers.

WAIT A MINUTE! I just remembered it was the union that proposed it. Hmmmmmmmmm......

542thruNthru

You haven’t even seen the whole contract and are already convinced you will vote no so it’s the same thing. Can’t help the people under you if they won’t help themselves.

You're right I will vote no. Because I am willing to help the guys under me. Not just say "well sorry guys but we need to stay competitive. Oh but I'm still going to make more money than you don't worry about that."

Poop Head

Judge me.
Not sure why people are so set on the 5bill. Sure ups make that now but how sustainable is it? With amazon going all out to have their own contract workers etc out business will decrease. Don’t get how people don’t realize they that always giving raises,good health insurance, pension etc is not a sustainable business. Butt what do I know.

They Keep doing it bc of how much volume we deliver for amazon. Amazon is responsible for 40% of all online purchases that’s a staggering amount. Now imagine they go strictly to their contractor and cut ups out. You think we will still see that 5bill?
Go back to clown school

Tony Q

But the newbies have no faith in the union, the union has failed them. They need to reach out to these guys. All they see is union dues coming out of their check and constant harassment from management.

Can you blame them??
It depends on which employees you are talking about. Drivers, who will make over 36 an hour after four years, with twenty something in additional fringe benefits? Now if you are talking about the part timers I understand the logic, to a certain extent.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Part timers will see they get a raise and will vote yes. It’s about instant gratification, they won’t care about the long term.

I've heard the same thing from the part time drivers. I'll take my raise now and make less on the future.

Smh
5CA5E216-A654-42F5-AA9F-7D00113A6B73.jpeg
B0D6B0A7-D9CF-4135-957C-36CED7D04021.gif
AAB1BA67-9AEA-4C02-B007-516095F95640.gif
AB9A0EA2-98BB-44BC-AC42-98D831C91736.gif

It depends on which employees you are talking about. Drivers, who will make over 36 an hour after four years, with twenty something in additional fringe benefits? Now if you are talking about the part timers I understand the logic, to a certain extent.
How many part timers do you see at a union meeting? You don't even see a lot of full timers anymore.

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
Part timers will see they get a raise and will vote yes. It’s about instant gratification, they won’t care about the long term.

The part timers should care about the long term. These raises are what minimum wage will be anyways in a lot of states by the end of the contract. If UPS isn't budging on the wages they really have nothing to fight for other than the long term.

The part timers should care about the long term. These raises are what minimum wage will be anyways in a lot of states by the end of the contract. If UPS isn't budging on the wages they really have nothing to fight for other than the long term.
UPS doesnt want them to stay long anyways. They want a disposable work force and it's also a cash cow for the union with I initation fees....