The ship is sinking.... how many missed?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Faceplanted, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Faceplanted

Faceplanted Well-Known Member

Today was the worst day I seen in my career. Had to have been 1000 at the minimum missed in my center before the drivers even hit 14hr curfew just from lib.

Tons of drivers all pulling in right at 14hr with more missed. I'm curious of our centers grand total today. I hit 14... brought back missed. Is this just my building?

2. rod

rod retired and happy

Rumor has it that in the BOG everyone was off by 5:30. Everyone was 100% cleaned up.

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. GenericUsername

GenericUsername Active Member

I clocked out with 9 hours and 209 stops done today. Didn't miss a thing. Who cares what the others missed?

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. Faceplanted

I do... it shows that at least In my hub, we are totally over what the hub can handle. I have a feeling the past 3 years or chronic under staffing, irregs clogging up the system, and drivers just sick and tired of the typical bs are going to blow up in UPS's face this year.

Morale was at an all time low today from my talking to drivers. Even management seemed to throw their hands up today and say :censored2: it.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2017
  5. Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Sissy Brown Short Shorts Active Member

Went out with 104 stops, finished at 2:30. I’m just as shocked as you.

6. badpal

badpal Active Member

The best is yet to come I am afraid.

7. dookie stain

dookie stain Cornfed whiteboy

Same here

8. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Make it rain kid.

9. Faceplanted

Oh... you off at 14:30 too? Word my dudes!!!!!!!!!!

10. dookie stain

dookie stain Cornfed whiteboy

No...I got off at 8...I was saying same here to what you said

11. Faceplanted

lol I know brother. I'm giving you a hard time. I guess my building has just came to the point where it can no longer handle the volume we see.

12. JL 0513

JL 0513 Well-Known Member

Not good since today was the lightest day of the week. Tomorrow will be much worse, not even counting all the rolled missed pkgs.

13. Rack em

Rack em 2018 Brown Cafe Fantasy Football Champion

It isn't just your building. We are supposed to run 4 more routes this peak than we have spots for. We will be stacking out 4 routes until other routes leave so they can get loaded!

Ups need to expand their damn buildings!

14. Mlody

Mlody New Member

295 stops everything done except 23 missloads before I can scan them missed they were unloaded on the belt mistaken for pickups. Oh well

15. JL 0513

Seriously, most centers are decades old and were built for the time. Yet, there's no sign that my center will be replaced with a new building anytime soon. There's no land to expand. There's not even enough space for drivers to park in the morning.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  16. JL 0513

Good thing it's peak otherwise it would have been your last day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  17. Rack em

We have the room to expand easily, but we are a rural center that probably loses money every year therefore Ups won't put any money into it.

18. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

Brought back 140. All sheeted missed. Worked 13 hours on the dot

• Beer Beer x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. Rack em

It's insane how much centers differ. I don't think any driver worked over 12 hours today, and we even had 4 drivers laid off because there wasn't enough work even with all the closures from Friday. But for some reason jumpers were used and I believe one PVD went out to "learn" an area, so there should be grievances filed tomorrow :clap:

20. Savvy412

Savvy412 Active Member

What would ups do if amazon didnt delv their own :censored2:..I dont get it?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List