The Silent Downfall of United Parcel Service (1907-20??)

The Driver

I drive.
If you truly believe that UPS will be unable to compete with Amazon, what do you think UPS should do to keep up? Are you willing to take a huge cut in compensation? If so, why not just quit and go work for Amazon, since, according to you, they are the future? You won't because it only makes sense to continue to make as much money as you can as long as you can.

When we break down what you are saying, all we are left with is "the future is uncertain, be prepared". Thanks for that, the two people on this forum who weren't already painfully aware of that are grateful for the truistic heads up.

I'd be willing to take a cut in compensation if my workload decreased dramatically.

Whither

Scofflaw
The answer is obvious: we volunteer to take a severe pay cut on the company's behalf and attend classes led by the runner-gunners to ramp up our productivity.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I definitely see amazon as a threat. Once they get hubs built and a good delivery network going they will own a good portion of the shipping and delivery pie. They will scavenge our remaining accounts giving them a discount that Ups won't be able to match so those accounts will jump ship to amazon. They will eventually be the THE shipping and delivery company that everyone will use. Once Ups and Fedex are out of the way and they have stolen most of the accounts, they will slowly raise their prices because they'll have a monopoly and there won't be anything anyone can do about it. IMO
and they will have a war chest to fight off the U.S. govt. anti trust lawsuits.

BestMgrEver

Hot girl summer
Downfall? Psh! I just mandated all my Tues-sat drivers to work 6 days until further noticed. This new amazon volume will be a :censored2: show. Hardly a downfall.

They gonna cut amazon off? Sure hope so!
That would sink their battleship
I4hS5-1481039022-6938-list_items-67_battleship.gif