The Six Keys to Labor Negotiations

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
Feeders already work Sundays in my area.
thats-the-joke-ranier-wolfcastle.gif

Mailboxbandit

Thousands of drivers that originally signed up to work Tue thru Sat.
So, what would you do, in a perfect world, to fix this allegedly huge issue?
There are thousands of drivers that never had to work Tue through Sat, that are now being forced to work Tue through Sat since the 22.4 classification got canned. It sucks that RPCDs were protected from Tue through Sat before, now their not.

Mailboxbandit

Sorry, we have Saturday delivery now, it’s not going anywhere. We do have protections from being forced to work a sixth day. We got quite a few things we asked for. Pretending we could tell the company we’re not going to deliver Saturday would be a bad idea.
The Union didn't have to tell the company we wouldn't deliver on Sat. But they could have at least protected drivers that were currently Mon through Fri...

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
There are thousands of drivers that never had to work Tue through Sat, that are now being forced to work Tue through Sat since the 22.4 classification got canned. It sucks that RPCDs were protected from Tue through Sat before, now their not.
How do you come to this conclusion? If they were previously classed as 22.4’s, then they worked Tue to Sat. You saying they never worked a weekend schedule is not true. And the blanket statement that RPCDs used to be protected and now they aren’t is also untrue. Some, yes, all? no.