The solidarity thread!!!!

LeadBelly

Banned
Let's talk about positive forms of solidarity. I was given the premise of this thread from a dear friend who voted politically different that me. We are still brothers though and learn from each other.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Let's talk about positive forms of solidarity.

Good thread topic.

Attempt to limit, petty bickering amongst members.

Lets face it, there are a lot of "alpha" members that voice their opinion.

Understanding that;

It would be more beneficial, to focus on the task at hand.

There is nothing more the company likes.... than division, between the members.

-Bug-

InsideUPS

This is how I look at it.

Problem being, we have too many sheep sleeping with wolves.

Excellent analogy! Ironically, the wolves in our domain are cannibalistic. Definitely not enough dedicated sheepdogs and too many sheeple. Sheepdogs are only as good as their owner enables them to be. A sheepdog on a leash is defenseless and only serves to endanger himself in an effort to protect the sheeple.

Non sequitur

To win hearts and minds lets start by talking respectfully to one another at work. We are the best in our industry and as professionals we deserve the highest compensation. When management suggest otherwise just ask to see there total compensation package.

542thruNthru

To win hearts and minds lets start by talking respectfully to one another at work. We are the best in our industry and as professionals we deserve the highest compensation. When management suggest otherwise just ask to see there total compensation package.

Can you elaborate on the bold txt? I'm a little confused. Do you mean by management or other Union members.

LeadBelly

Banned
I like this idea led. Here's a good song.
I got that album. Tom is a valuable ally to the labor movement. I love Rage Against The Machine. Here one of my favorite songs That has unions in the name. It's a song written about the movie Citizen Kane. Its pretty dark but fires me up.
I might add that the time we live in I feel like we as union members are constantly under attack. The GOP and their all out assault on labor unions and our way of life. The video kinda reminds me of the rise of trump. Members of unions in rather large amounts voted for him. This has me not only scratching my head but also horrified.

LeadBelly

Banned
IMG_6891.PNG
How many old timers here know about rage against the machine...lol??
Here's the Rage albums I carry with me everywhere in my phone or iPod. I have over 21,000 songs in my phone, and am a big love music lover . Sometimes this music is like my bible I carry everywhere. People tell me to join a streaming service but it's my collection. I worked hard at it and am proud to carry it everywhere I go.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I was actually thinking about this topic all day at work today. This is a good idea. I would also like to see a thread where people who don't know much about the union could ask questions, about our great union, without fear of being criticized or laughed at. The only way to stay organized is to educate each other and have some solidarity.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
View attachment 123948
Here's the Rage albums I carry with me everywhere in my phone or iPod. I have over 21,000 songs in my phone, and am a big love music lover . Sometimes this music is like my bible I carry everywhere. People tell me to join a streaming service but it's my collection. I worked hard at it and am proud to carry it everywhere I go.
How many gigs does your phone have to be able to hold 21000 songs ???damn

anHOURover

I'm open to get along wth anyone BUT
I will not kiss the ibt's rear end.
The Boston bully stole my bike (healthcare) as I was sleeping. Now he wants to come and be friends again. He better show up with my bike if he wants to start gaining trust back.
The Boston bully has some surprises for him if he dares to visit Philly or western PA

10 Pt

I'm open to get along wth anyone BUT
I will not kiss the ibt's rear end.
The Boston bully stole my bike (healthcare) as I was sleeping. Now he wants to come and be friends again. He better show up with my bike if he wants to start gaining trust back.
The Boston bully has some surprises for him if he dares to visit Philly or western PA
Some got better healthcare with enhanced TeamCare. They were on the C6 plan for years. That had to suck. Their healthcare plan got better but still is not as good as ours and their local is in our state.
Sooner or later the healthcare costs were going to be an issue (a guy I know paid $900 cash to get a tooth pulled, not replaced) and even tho UPS makes record profits about every year a good portion of that is from logistics. Package doesn't generate all that profit increase. The medical costs are astounding anymore.
I believe that no one will be caught unaware of the healthcare issue in this next CBA .

Let's be realistic tho...
I made $405.00 gross yesterday. Many nonunion employees only make that $ in one week and still have to pay a chunk out of pocket for their substandard healthcare.
I remember working harder for less compensation before being employed at UPS.

We still need to be thankful that when we all stick together (like in 97) we can move mountains.
Communication is key this time around.

LeadBelly

Banned
About 128 gigs at the minimum, unless you are streaming them from your home library using the cloud.
I know you are anti iPhone but they got a 256 gig phone. You are the person I got the idea from about getting as many songs and albums as I can. You have a very large collection if I remember correctly.