The "Solution" for Part-Timers

bbsam

Staff member
And what's that supposed to mean?

Elaborate.

I mean that you of the "non-Kool Aid drinking" crowd will work and Fedex, get paid by Fedex year after miserable year and yet there seems to be no redeeming quality about the place whatsoever in your eyes. Everything about UPS is better and yet here you remain at Fedex. Is that some kind of self-hatred? Do you feel you deserve nothing better? I think it's obvious by now that complaining about it around here isn't gonna get it done, so what? Continue to trudge that miserable path holding onto the wispy memories of what used to be or grasping at pipe dreams of what will happen when the IBT comes to town?

LTFedExer

I mean that you of the "non-Kool Aid drinking" crowd will work and Fedex, get paid by Fedex year after miserable year and yet there seems to be no redeeming quality about the place whatsoever in your eyes. Everything about UPS is better and yet here you remain at Fedex. Is that some kind of self-hatred? Do you feel you deserve nothing better? I think it's obvious by now that complaining about it around here isn't gonna get it done, so what? Continue to trudge that miserable path holding onto the wispy memories of what used to be or grasping at pipe dreams of what will happen when the IBT comes to town?
That's your opinion and you are entitled to it. I've been in a union shop and it's not the wine and roses you make it out to be.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

No wipsy memories necessary...just money. The more people that either don't drink the Kool-Aid in the first place or stop now, the better off we'll all be. I'll be out of here before the IBT ever comes along anyway. If you stand-up to the abuse, you at least have a chance to either end it or make them change their game plan. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, but if you just take it, you lose every time, and that's what I'm trying to encourage employees to avoid.

Oh, and I think LT FedExer needs an explanation from you.

vantexan

Not likely to get on at UPS at my age. BBSam, do you think FedEx should get a free pass for everything they've done? As we've pointed out before very few read this forum, but pretty certain the company monitors it. Why not let them know how we feel? Or were you expecting us to only say positive things?

I've lived in a travel trailer for 10 years. Finally found a station that has a nice rv park close enough to walk to work. I was the only applicant for opening there that closed a month ago. Still haven't got offer letter. It was 4X10 coverage, mgr tells me they don't have any 4X10 rts, just posted job to see if there's any interest. HR rep told me to file GFT, I decide to go through Open Door policy to be nice about it. Still no response although they're supposed to reply in 14 calendar days. been 20. Mgr said several times he may retract opening but hasn't yet. HR rep thinks he may have someone he wants to hire off street and is waiting me out. They have to get approval to post jobs, they don't just post go see if there's any interest. Just another example of things that happen way too much in this company. If our pay is at a trickle, our benefits stripped, and then things like this. You'd think if they want us to be so productive they'd make sure these kind of things didn't happen but I guess we are just here to serve them.

quadro

Not likely to get on at UPS at my age. BBSam, do you think FedEx should get a free pass for everything they've done? As we've pointed out before very few read this forum, but pretty certain the company monitors it. Why not let them know how we feel? Or were you expecting us to only say positive things?

I've lived in a travel trailer for 10 years. Finally found a station that has a nice rv park close enough to walk to work. I was the only applicant for opening there that closed a month ago. Still haven't got offer letter. It was 4X10 coverage, mgr tells me they don't have any 4X10 rts, just posted job to see if there's any interest. HR rep told me to file GFT, I decide to go through Open Door policy to be nice about it. Still no response although they're supposed to reply in 14 calendar days. been 20. Mgr said several times he may retract opening but hasn't yet. HR rep thinks he may have someone he wants to hire off street and is waiting me out. They have to get approval to post jobs, they don't just post go see if there's any interest. Just another example of things that happen way too much in this company. If our pay is at a trickle, our benefits stripped, and then things like this. You'd think if they want us to be so productive they'd make sure these kind of things didn't happen but I guess we are just here to serve them.
The manager is an idiot. No one posts jobs to "see if there is any interest". The GFT is there for a reason. Has nothing to do with being nice or not. Ask your senior manager to contact the other senior manager to find out what is going on. If he/she won't, I would tell them that they are leaving you no choice but to GFT to get someone to look into the situation.

Good luck and let us know how it works out.

bbsam

Staff member
vantexan--
A free pass? Absolutely not. I am not FEATW. But there seems to be something of a triumverate of negativity (oh, that's good!) with yourself, cactus, and MrFedex that never have anything good to say about the company you work for.

FedEx2000

Although it pains me to say it, I have to agree with MrFedEx on this one. Jobs don't get posted in JCATS without being approved first, not unless someone is trying to get fired. Especially in this environment of hiring freezes etc. Not sure how you always seem to get the short end of the deal, but I hope it all works out for you.

vantexan

I appreciate the encouragement. To make matters worse my mgr thought I was gone so posted a FT in JCATS. A courier way up in Washington state is waiting to see what happens. I spoke with HR rep over that station. She told me I couldn't file GFT for this and that things like this happen all the time. Got the impression she was covering for that hiring mgr. Yeah, I should file a GFT, probably still will, but I really don't want to poison my work situation if I manage to get there. Very frustrating.

vantexan

vantexan--
A free pass? Absolutely not. I am not FEATW. But there seems to be something of a triumverate of negativity (oh, that's good!) with yourself, cactus, and MrFedex that never have anything good to say about the company you work for.

Then for every negative post come up with a positive one! It's easy, just refer to "I am FedEx" website for examples. You'll have us skipping through flower filled meadows with that oh-so-fresh feeling in no time! Well, what are you waiting for?

bbsam

Staff member
What I have posted is simply an observation. I have no interest in changing your mind. Your happiness or misery at Fedex means little to me. I would think it would mean something to you, however. But then again, if posting here helps "blow off steam", well that's something...I guess.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Then for every negative post come up with a positive one! It's easy, just refer to "I am FedEx" website for examples. You'll have us skipping through flower filled meadows with that oh-so-fresh feeling in no time! Well, what are you waiting for?

I've been told that if you go to Iamfedex.com and tell the world how great FedEx is, that Fred will give you a Rainbow Pony that farts gold. I believe...I believe...I believe.