The Thing About OT...

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
We are currently under a company directive of 135 stops per car. That's an increase of 7 per car from October and a reduction of 5 routes per day from October. Starting weekending 3/5 we are processing 50+ 9.5 grievances per week. The center manager just shrugs his shoulders and pushes them to labor. I'm sure this will continue until the next directive or the accidents and injuries increase, making it more expensive than it's worth.
That’s how to do it. Good work!

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
How about one of you naysayers add value to the conversation and explain why using PVD's is bad for us or for the company.
I just did. Our job as union employees is to protect our work from non union employees so that union employees that work here after we retire pay into the pension fund and we can have hookers and blow after we retire. C’mon man, smarten up. PVDs won’t be paying into a pension and all the work thirty year employees put in would be for nothing as they would have to get a job greeting fat :censored2:s in motorized shopping carts at Walmart. Capeche??????

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
How about one of you naysayers add value to the conversation and explain why using PVD's is bad for us or for the company.

Yes let’s just let them work year round and do our work for less pay any time we want to go home early. No way the company would take advantage of that situation at all.

ThePackageDeli

I just did. Our job as union employees is to protect our work from non union employees so that union employees that work here after we retire pay into the pension fund and we can have hookers and blow after we retire. C’mon man, smarten up. PVDs won’t be paying into a pension and all the work thirty year employees put in would be for nothing as they would have to get a job greeting fat :censored2:s in motorized shopping carts at Walmart. Capeche??????
Ok, thank you. I don't think about it in that way, but I definitely understand. I personally don't give a damn about the union or the pension. I'm grateful for the nice $40/hr pay rate afforded to us but that's it. Any pension I receive will just be a cherry on top in retirement. My plan is to live off the interest of my investments in retirement which if done properly will amount to way more than the funky little $40k/yr pension. We'd all be better off with a 6% 401k match instead of the pension... I want my company to do well and to prosper. And everyone should as well.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Ok, thank you. I don't think about it in that way, but I definitely understand. I personally don't give a damn about the union or the pension. I'm grateful for the nice $40/hr pay rate afforded to us but that's it. Any pension I receive will just be a cherry on top in retirement. My plan is to live off the interest of my investments in retirement which if done properly will amount to way more than the funky little $40k/yr pension. We'd all be better off with a 6% 401k match instead of the pension... I want my company to do well and to prosper. And everyone should as well.
Well without the union the company would still prosper. The rank and file would not though, and would live a lower middle class lifestyle scraping by with very little.

Up In Smoke

Your math is extremely flawed. You would rather have a 6% or $1500.00 company match instead of a $24,000.00 contribution to your lifetime pension?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Another millionaire in the making
Although this one doesent seem to math very well

Red Devil

The Power of Connected

Let’s say there was no union. What would your recourse be if the company was denying your request for 8 hr days but instead favoring the new off-the-street hire? What would you do if you came in and they told you they only had four hours of work because the PVD took all the resi stops?

ThePackageDeli

Let’s say there was no union. What would your recourse be if the company was denying your request for 8 hr days but instead favoring the new off-the-street hire? What would you do if you came in and they told you they only had four hours of work because the PVD took all the resi stops?
I would cease to work for UPS.

Up In Smoke

So, if the company contributed $2k per year for 30 years and you had an average return of 5% over that time span, you would have 150K. You continue to make 5% after you retire, but you take 40k per year. Your company match is gone in less than 5 years. There is a reason companies buy out pension funds and convert to 401k match.