The Thing About OT...

Up In Smoke

The company's value was 28 billion prior to their IPO in 1999 and grew to 33 billion as a result. The company now is worth nearly 200 billion as of today. I would venture to say the company has and is doing well while paying good wages and benefits. We conceded on contracts following 911 and the real estate crash and now the attack of union jobs. I think not!

ThePackageDeli

LOL, so after listening to people complain about the 22.4 making less money doing the same work, you want to make it even worse? That’s some stinking thinkin.
Start them on progression then. I don't care but I just know any part-timer looking to get extra hours would love the opportunity to do PVD.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Lol, without a union start times would change like an international flight's time zone.

Last edited:

Staydryitsraining

Ok, thank you. I don't think about it in that way, but I definitely understand. I personally don't give a damn about the union or the pension. I'm grateful for the nice $40/hr pay rate afforded to us but that's it. Any pension I receive will just be a cherry on top in retirement. My plan is to live off the interest of my investments in retirement which if done properly will amount to way more than the funky little $40k/yr pension. We'd all be better off with a 6% 401k match instead of the pension... I want my company to do well and to prosper. And everyone should as well.
There is a company like ours who can basically do whatever they want. It's called fed ex. With out the union we are fed ex.

JustDeliverIt

Start them on progression then. I don't care but I just know any part-timer looking to get extra hours would love the opportunity to do PVD.

Plus they couldn’t use part timers or they would have a difficult time doing so because of DOT regulations. Need 10 consecutive hours off and that might not be able to happen. And they can’t staff PT shifts as it is, not going to let them leave to PVD when they need the bodies inside the buildings.