The Thing About OT...

JustDeliverIt

Or go grab some pick up the volume off of another driver

Yeah, that too. Don’t have much opportunity for that with my delivery area. Aren’t too many pick ups in my rural area.

But when I find two misloads, one for each of the routes loaded on either side of me, it’s 45-60 minutes worth of work for those. Never want to extend my days here but it’s easy money cruising around the country.

Whither

Scofflaw
Ok, thank you. I don't think about it in that way, but I definitely understand. I personally don't give a damn about the union or the pension. I'm grateful for the nice $40/hr pay rate afforded to us but that's it. Any pension I receive will just be a cherry on top in retirement. My plan is to live off the interest of my investments in retirement which if done properly will amount to way more than the funky little $40k/yr pension. We'd all be better off with a 6% 401k match instead of the pension... I want my company to do well and to prosper. And everyone should as well.
Lemme guess, you're a co-chair of your center's safety committee?

ThePackageDeli

Lemme guess, you're a co-chair of your center's safety committee?
Not at all...
Total Service Plan: Full-time Options for Part-Time Employees

As part of its Total Service Initiative, UPS is excited to announce a new job classification available to all part-time employees beginning July 5th. For those employees who opt in, the work shifts will be modified as follows.

Preload shift... 4am - 12pm
PM Shift... 2pm - 10pm

More details to come...

Thebrownblob

Not at all...
Total Service Plan: Full-time Options for Part-Time Employees

As part of its Total Service Initiative, UPS is excited to announce a new job classification available to all part-time employees beginning July 5th. For those employees who opt in, the work shifts will be modified as follows.

Preload shift... 4am - 12pm
PM Shift... 2pm - 10pm

More details to come...
Whatever that is it sounds like BS 💩,sounds like they plan to violate the contract because those sound like full-time hours.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Haha. God that's hilarious, is every safety co chair just the most worthless knee pad wearing lazy never driving p.o.s.?

They provide a very important function....

1648212189947.png

Phenom5

In this example you contributed 625K of your income to make the 401k worth 2.5m and $0 dollars to make the pension worth 1.25m. I like the pension return on investment much better.
You retire then the next day you die. That pension is gone. That 401k is still there and can be given to your kids.
401ks can easily be transferred and are considered to be fully liquid assets. Pension are neither and that is their biggest cons. Pensions biggest benefits are that they are heavily regulated by governmental laws. Pension are normally a lot more conservative.
Im sure UPS could match a higher number than most of us even think. I believe they could do a full 100% match. Imagine putting over 40k per yr in your 401k. You’d only need 20 years to be set.

You retire then the next day you die. That pension is gone. That 401k is still there and can be given to your kids.
401ks can easily be transferred and are considered to be fully liquid assets. Pension are neither and that is their biggest cons. Pensions biggest benefits are that they are heavily regulated by governmental laws. Pension are normally a lot more conservative.
Im sure UPS could match a higher number than most of us even think. I believe they could do a full 100% match. Imagine putting over 40k per yr in your 401k. You’d only need 20 years to be set.
Well if you think I'm survival benefit..,.

Phenom5

Well if you think I'm survival benefit..,.
If you take survivor benefit with the pension you get paid out at a lesser amount. Once you and your survivor dies the pension is gone and cannot be given to anyone else. 401k can get transferred over and over again. Can be put in a will or a trust as well.

If you take survivor benefit with the pension you get paid out at a lesser amount. Once you and your survivor dies the pension is gone and cannot be given to anyone else. 401k can get transferred over and over again. Can be put in a will or a trust as well.
Nothing wrong with having a little bit of money putting each buckets