THE TRUMP 2024 THREAD

vantexan

And yet God so loves the world!

Even those you describe in your example!

That is good news, that is amazing love!!
The Apostle Paul said in Romans 13 that the authorities are agents of wrath against wrongdoers. You can love the sinner, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be held accountable for their actions. And if your focus is only in protecting criminals from punishment (because God loves them) then where is your compassion for their victims?

Integrity

Binge Poster
people need to be willing to sacrifice their lives to fight this illegal greed.
If God has called them specifically to that I would say yes.

I believe and put my faith in God has called each one and gifted each one in accordance with the spiritual gifts given.

I believe and put my faith that purpose, calling, and gifting from God can only be found by seeking through prayer and meditation to improve conscious contact with God, praying only for the knowledge of His specific and general will, and the power to carry it out.
🙏

vantexan

small time crime which is what youre talking about is falling. do you want it to fall faster?

i dont agree with a mass incarceration system you have.
It's falling because they aren't being prosecuted. And for someone who has a gun put in their face, and especially for someone who lost a lived one to a violent criminal, it's not small time crime.

rickyb

It's falling because they aren't being prosecuted. And for someone who has a gun put in their face, and especially for someone who lost a lived one to a violent criminal, it's not small time crime.
thats small time crime. if it was a nuke then it would be a big crime.

and yet, you have a much higher prisoners per capita than any western country.

Integrity

Binge Poster
The Apostle Paul said in Romans 13 that the authorities are agents of wrath against wrongdoers. You can love the sinner, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be held accountable for their actions. And if your focus is only in protecting criminals from punishment (because God loves them) then where is your compassion for their victims?
The Kingdom of God is at hand.

God so loves the world!

This love covers forgiveness for the condemned and compassion for the suffering.

You say it doesn’t?

rickyb

If God has called them specifically to that I would say yes.

I believe and put my faith in God has called each one and gifted each one in accordance with the spiritual gifts given.

I believe and put my faith that purpose, calling, and gifting from God can only be found by seeking through prayer and meditation to improve conscious contact with God, praying only for the knowledge of His specific and general will, and the power to carry it out.
🙏
joseph campbell said follow your bliss

but i think we are obligated to do something democratically to bring heaven on earth.

vantexan

The Kingdom of God is at hand.

God so loves the world!

This love covers forgiveness for the condemned and compassion for the suffering.

You say it doesn’t?
You're saying let the harm come to the victims because God loves the perpetrator as much as the victim so enduring the pain caused by the perpetrator is just the price we have to pay for loving everyone. A man can seek forgiveness and turn his life around after being put behind bars. But if you refuse to jail him for committing serious crimes, and he then does something heinous like rape and murder, are we supposed to just console the family by saying we know it's tough but this is just the price we pay for loving criminals just as much as we love law abiding citizens?

rickyb

You're saying let the harm come to the victims because God loves the perpetrator as much as the victim so enduring the pain caused by the perpetrator is just the price we have to pay for loving everyone. A man can seek forgiveness and turn his life around after being put behind bars. But if you refuse to jail him for committing serious crimes, and he then does something heinous like rape and murder, are we supposed to just console the family by saying we know it's tough but this is just the price we pay for loving criminals just as much as we love law abiding citizens?
does jail stop crime?

meanwhile crimes are commited in jail and there seems to be an indifference to it.