THE TRUMP 2024 THREAD

rickyb

There's a difference between war and genocide. The Cambodians killing 3 million of their countrymen was genocide. The Hutus killing over a million Tutsis in Rwanda was genocide. The Germans systematically killing Jews was genocide. The Turks killing 1.5 million Armenians was genocide. An attempt by one group to completely eliminate the existence of another group, whether they are successful or not, is genocide. Rival groups fighting each other until one is defeated is war. A lot of people may die, but that's what happens in war. Doesn't make it genocide.
what makes you think israel isnt currently trying to eliminate the existence of palestinians?

vantexan

what makes you think israel isnt currently trying to eliminate the existence of palestinians?
Israel gave the Palestinians plenty of time to move away from the fighting. There are at least two million Palestinians in camps at the extreme south end of Gaza. So there they are. Why doesn't Israel just kill them all right now? They're sitting ducks. You believe all the lies because you want to believe them.

rickyb

Israel gave the Palestinians plenty of time to move away from the fighting. There are at least two million Palestinians in camps at the extreme south end of Gaza. So there they are. Why doesn't Israel just kill them all right now? They're sitting ducks. You believe all the lies because you want to believe them.
how quickly did the other genocides take place?

israel has killed 2% of the population there if you assume they killed 40,000 (and its probably more) of a population of 2.2 million. i forgot why they called it a genocide probably has to do with israel bombing everything in gaza.

vantexan

how quickly did the other genocides take place?

israel has killed 2% of the population there if you assume they killed 40,000 (and its probably more) of a population of 2.2 million.
All those genocides I cited happened within a few months to around 5 years. But if Israel wanted to kill all the Palestinians it would be extremely easy right now to kill most of them. Sitting ducks. Hamas has said 30,000. And almost half were Hamas fighters.

rickyb

All those genocides I cited happened within a few months to around 5 years. But if Israel wanted to kill all the Palestinians it would be extremely easy right now to kill most of them. Sitting ducks.
assuming israel killed only 40,000 in 6 months, thats 400,000 in 5 years or 20% of the population. genocide.

rickyb

This conflict won't last 5 years. And read the rest of my post.
maybe they dont have the political support to do it so quickly. why wont it last 5 years, you just said other genocides last 5 years? israel has been treating palestinians badly for decades.

vantexan

maybe they dont have the political support to do it so quickly. why wont it last 5 years, you just said other genocides last 5 years? israel has been treating palestinians badly for decades.
The one that lasted 5 or so years was the Germans killing Jews. You may recall that was going on while they were fighting the Allies.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
IMG_1617.jpeg